• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore launches new airline looking for Indian money

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the business leaders in Singapore and the citizens have different views about Indian society. Rather than seeing them as ill-behaved shitskins, the more progressive in Peesai's circles are aiming for business from the upper echelons of Indian society.

Cheers!

http://www.ibtimes.com/singapore-airlines-bets-indian-market-new-carrier-air-vistara-1655298

Singapore Airlines Bets On Indian Market With New Carrier Air Vistara

By Ismat Sarah Mangla
on August 11 2014 4:36 PM

A new airline is taking to the Indian skies, to go after the growing segment of the Indian public with the funds to travel by air.
Vistara Air is the result of a joint venture between Singapore Airlines and Tata Sons, the holding group of the Mumbai-based multinational conglomerate Tata Group. Singapore Airlines controls 49 percent of the airline, while Tata owns 51 percent.
The carrier unveiled its name on Twitter Monday, announcing that Vistara was inspired by the Sanskrit word “vistaar,” which means “limitless expanse.”
Vistara, based in New Delhi, will start operations in October, said Tata-SIA Airlines chairman Prasad Menon. The airline plans to offer 87 weekly flights during its first year of operation, according to documents submitted to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India. Destinations will include Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Srinagar, Patna and Chandigarh. The airline plans to add more flights and destinations in the future.
Vistara will take delivery of its first plane, an Airbus A320-200, in September, and will increase its fleet to five aircraft by the end of the year, and 20 by its fifth year in operation.
This is the second airline launch in India this year. The first was AirAsia India (also partly owned by Tata), a low-cost carrier, which began operations in June and is part of the Malaysia-based AirAsia Berhad (KLSE:AIRASIA) group. But, Air Vistara will serve as a full-service carrier and aims to capture customers from India’s growing middle class.
Experts say that Singapore Airlines, which is known for quality service and is frequently ranked as one of the best airlines in the world, will have an influence on how this new luxury carrier operates.
Chief executive Phee Teik Yeoh told reporters that “the Indian aviation sector is on the cusp of change.” He added that the airline plans to “redefine travel” for the Indian consumer.
Air Vistara is not the first airline in India to go after wealthy travelers. Kingfisher Airlines, owned by liquor tycoon Vijay Mallya, pioneered that approach with larger-than-average business class sections on domestic flights, and luxurious seating and service on international routes. But it was grounded by financial woes in 2012.
“It will be more focused on the corporate traveler,” Kapil Kaul, South Asia CEO at Centre for Aviation, told Quartz. The Hindu reports that most flights will offer double the number of business class seats than other Indian airlines do, along with an “in-between class for those unlikely to afford business fare but yearn to be looked after.”

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of all names they chosen "Vistara Air"?
Windows Vista developed by ah neh is a "big time failure" and they still want to use such a name?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking forward to see one of their planes get shot down by Pakistani or Afghan insurgents. :biggrin:

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds an interesting airline, maybe they will allow people to hang on to the doors and windows outside the plane for the takeoff and landing just like you see them on the trains.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That name may have appeal to the market they are targeting. If they were selling to the Singapore flyer, they might have named it Viagara Air.

Cheers!

Of all names they chosen "Vistara Air"?
Windows Vista developed by ah neh is a "big time failure" and they still want to use such a name?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was wondering when India might introduce those super fast bullet-trains like they have in Japan. Would like to see those "hangers-on" put their hands to good use.

Cheers!

Sounds an interesting airline, maybe they will allow people to hang on to the doors and windows outside the plane for the takeoff and landing just like you see them on the trains.

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was wondering when India might introduce those super fast bullet-trains like they have in Japan. Would like to see those "hangers-on" put their hands to good use.

Cheers!

It should be another century or so for that to happen. Its not the technology that would bog this down but the Indian paperwork.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they created Air Vistara from the amazing experience running Tiger and Scoot. I am sure they will be a great sucess in India. From the head office of bunch of generals and bootlickers, which charge first class passengers who paid $6000 tickets for overweight charge of $200, i bet Air Vistara will do very well.

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they created Air Vistara from the amazing experience running Tiger and Scoot. I am sure they will be a great sucess in India.

From what I read I think they had this in mind long before they thought of Scoot or Tiger. Its just that the Indian authorities did not give the green light for it to happen.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I read I think they had this in mind long before they thought of Scoot or Tiger. Its just that the Indian authorities did not give the green light for it to happen.

It takes a while to get things business done (i.e sucking up to Tata Group) in India. :wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh we cannot invest in their markets , but they can dump their unlimited useless shit engineers on us. Which M F sign agreement with them.

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It takes a while to get things business done (i.e sucking up to Tata Group) in India. :wink:

They were blocked many times spanning many years by the TATA group. I wonder how they managed to get it done this time round but it is not going to be easy dealing with these Indians. They can twist and turn like crazy and drive super hard bargains.

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh we cannot invest in their markets , but they can dump their unlimited useless shit engineers on us. Which M F sign agreement with them.

You are correct, they are very protectionist but at the same time they want to penetrate other peoples' markets.