• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Returning tray equates to good manners?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....scroobye jiak pah boh sai pang......
he can spin anything under the sun.......
yes....returning the tray with bowls/plates/chopsticks; etc... is good manner.....
not eating like a pig and dirtying the table is also good manner.....
anybody with a half a brain will not argue otherwise.........
this concerns upbringing....nothing to do with politics..

if you go to any McDonald outlets in Europe, the customers automatically will clear the table after eating.....and they have done this for decades already....
truly retarded...

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In (western) europe, cafeterias even expect you to separately return forks/plates/cups in specific spots -presumably for easier sorting/cleaning. And after clearing the "debris" too.

Social norms for sinkies to adjust too, outside merits (or demerits) of tray return. Grappling with tight labour constraints was already par for the course years back.

at the ikea eatery in palo alto, customers are advised to leave all plates, bowls and cutlery on the tray and return the whole shebang to tray stations. the practice of using trays has drawbacks which i'll post later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 576

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been to cafeterias in Europe that are closed to employees and staff. These are typically are run at a discount and there is an expectation for staff to return trays. Some have conveyor belts and return receptacles for cutlery. They are not public food outlets where customers are expected to return plates and cutlery.

stop the bullshit. welcum to facts 101. many cafeterias in europe catering to corporate clients are in fact public food outlets. what have you been smoking? a corporate customer carry a meal pass, which offers discounts on meals consumed at designated cafeterias. but the same cafeterias also serve meals to cash- or credit-card paying customers who are not corporate employees, and these customers pay the full price. i have lived and worked in several cuntries in europe, and i can easily smell any bullshitter trying to con gullibles here. stick with facts, cut the crap. :rolleyes:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
stop the bullshit. welcum to facts 101. many cafeterias in europe catering to corporate clients are in fact public food outlets. what have you been smoking? a corporate customer carry a meal pass, which offers discounts on meals consumed at designated cafeterias. but the same cafeterias also serve meals to cash- or credit-card paying customers who are not corporate employees, and these customers pay the full price. i have lived and worked in several cuntries in europe, and i can easily smell any bullshitter trying to con gullibles here. stick with facts, cut the crap. :rolleyes:
hahaha.....and they all returned their trays.......
scroobye is a dud....double confirmed...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.....and they all returned their trays.......
scroobye is a dud....double confirmed...

and you cut your crap too. there are just too much misinformation and misrepresentation on sbf by serial liars and sycophants alike that it makes the straits times look tame in comparison. :rolleyes:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at the ikea eatery in palo alto, customers are advised to leave all plates, bowls and cutlery on the tray and return the whole shebang to tray stations. the practice of using trays has drawbacks which i'll post later.

This is the culture in all Ikea stores. The branches at Alexandra and Tampines are the same.

Ikea philosophy is...the less time spent clearing tables and trays, the more time staff can spend serving the customers their meatballs and curry chicken, thereby cutting down on the ridiculous queues that I see every weekend.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So we are now into cafeterias and ikea. How about school canteen where one has to return the tray.

Shows how gullible people are.

I can imagine a promising entrepreneur who wants to own a cafeteria and make money.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ikea not in the food business. Like many department stores in Europe, they do have a cafe or cafeteria to draw the families to patronise their stalls. It's either cost recovery or a loss leader.

Nobody in his right mind will bring someone along to ikea or a work cafeteria for a lunch of dinner unless they are shopping there or their workplace is located nearby.

This is the culture in all Ikea stores. The branches at Alexandra and Tampines are the same.

Ikea philosophy is...the less time spent clearing tables and trays, the more time staff can spend serving the customers their meatballs and curry chicken, thereby cutting down on the ridiculous queues that I see every weekend.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard prison must return tray. NS must turn tray. See the connection. And please don't tell me it's good manners. If you got fooled by this government, good luck to you.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard prison must return tray. NS must turn tray. See the connection. And please don't tell me it's good manners. If you got fooled by this government, good luck to you.
hahaha...it is not only good manner...it is good upbringing...
for one who claimed to travel around......I am really surprise that you think returning of tray is something invented by papee....truly retarded..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

don't blame the gov. sinkies should blame themselves for being dirty, selfish, and shameless. the gov is being kind and patient to wait all these decades (5 decades) to remind sinkies that they are dirty, selfish, shameless, and inconsiderate. and it should not be the gov's responsibility to do so. sg parents have lost their parenting skills a long time ago and deferred their parenting responsibility to the gov.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So we are now into cafeterias and ikea. How about school canteen where one has to return the tray.

Shows how gullible people are.

I can imagine a promising entrepreneur who wants to own a cafeteria and make money.

when confronted with facts, you sidestep the embarrassment and twist and turn like a lunatic in a corner. now clutching at straws.

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....scroobye jiak pah boh sai pang......
he can spin anything under the sun.......
yes....returning the tray with bowls/plates/chopsticks; etc... is good manner.....
not eating like a pig and dirtying the table is also good manner.....
anybody with a half a brain will not argue otherwise.........
this concerns upbringing....nothing to do with politics..

Go and have an intimate liaison with your next of kin. Returning trays is good manners MY WART-COVERED ANUS. I return my tray with eating utensils at my Reservist cookhouse, at my workplace cafe, at my school canteen because we take ownership of that environment. We work and study and train there together.

Why should I take ownership of a hawker centre, food court or restaurant, or fast food outlet? Are those other patrons my coursemates, my colleagues or my fellow platoon mates?

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
Returning trays is good manners MY WART-COVERED ANUS AND CHEESE-ENCRUSTED FLYBLOWN JOYSTICK. I return my tray with eating utensils at my Reservist cookhouse, at my workplace cafe, at my school canteen because we take ownership of that environment. We work and study and train there together.

Why should I take ownership of a hawker centre, food court or restaurant, or fast food outlet? Are those other patrons my coursemates, my colleagues or my fellow platoon mates? Who are those other patrons to me, such that I should care for their comfort.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
The plates and bowls should be on the tray when it is cleared, my learned friend. :wink:

Not everyone requires a tray when they buy hawker food. If just buy a plate of rich, I don't use tray. Return invisible tray?

I buy drinks also no tray.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
The idea is to make you return your cutlery, utensils and cups - everything you've used.

This is the first time I heard that return trays is about returning cutlery. Huh lan pa stupid return tray campaign I wonder who are the stupid people who cannot even write a proper campaign. If wnat people to return cutlery then said return bowls and plates lah?? Why say return tray for fuck?? Stupid people!!!!

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the first time I heard that return trays is about returning cutlery. Huh lan pa stupid return tray campaign I wonder who are the stupid people who cannot even write a proper campaign. If wnat people to return cutlery then said return bowls and plates lah?? Why say return tray for fuck?? Stupid people!!!!

Whoa don't look at me bro; I didn't craft that darn campaign. Wouldn't have crafted it for a million bucks.

OK ... maybe a million I would. ^_^

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I always return trays and clear up any mess I have made OUT OF DUE CONSIDERATION FOR THE NEXT PERSON using the same table.

If everyone does the same, the world will be a better place.