• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Returning tray equates to good manners?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
You wouldn't understand because your parents brought you up to be materialistic. Similarly, your children are spoilt brats. :wink:

Mark-Andrew-Yeo-Kah-Chong_final.jpg

You are referring to LHL...!!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
For SG foodcourts and hawker centres, I will forget about clearing my own tray.

Why should I? It is so hypocritical. They make it into some kind of courtesy programme, which by itself may not be a bad thing. But why should I work for free, at the behest of a government I detest, for a group of cleaning companies who are disposing of our local workers like waste and hiring foreigners on the cheap?

I will clear my stuff at fast food joints and my favourite eateries and that's all.

U r not doing it for any gahment!! U r doing it for bros and sisters here and more importantly for yourself. Just like not littering or messing up public toilets or any other disgusting habits. Treat public places like your house. I vote for opposition but I didn't forget to be a decent human being.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
A project started by Vivian BalaSamy.......... flopped but no more mentioned as he took his millions already

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pics of eateries in u.s. where customers are served with plates, bowls, cutlery on trays, and they are expected to return them. these are commonly found in campus and corporate cafeterias.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 117

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r not doing it for any gahment!! U r doing it for bros and sisters here and more importantly for yourself. Just like not littering or messing up public toilets or any other disgusting habits. Treat public places like your house. I vote for opposition but I didn't forget to be a decent human being.

Great inspirational statement like dun use plastic bag .... where is the incentive & what to use to bag home rubbish??
Biz make more money with less plastic bags but anything passed back to shoppers? Likewise anything benefitting diners??? I still remember the ex SembWaste cEO CCB asking for garbage to be collected 3 times a day for fee reduction of 50%....................... this is the sort of vultures we hv in sg - always on the watchout to take advantage of us

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vile pappies want you to speak Mandrain to communicate with tiongs....you gong gong follow.
Pappies no solution to rising food costs tell you eat frozen meat...you gong gong follow.
Pappies tell you dun litter so NEA can be lazy and idle.....you gong gong follow.
Dun be a gong cheebye and do what they tell you....
Show them the middle finger.....FUCK YOU PAP!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For SG foodcourts and hawker centres, I will forget about clearing my own tray.

Why should I? It is so hypocritical. They make it into some kind of courtesy programme, which by itself may not be a bad thing. But why should I work for free, at the behest of a government I detest, for a group of cleaning companies who are disposing of our local workers like waste and hiring foreigners on the cheap?

I will clear my stuff at fast food joints and my favourite eateries and that's all.

it's both a travesty and tragedy that sinkies need to be told by their nanny gov to clear their mess. after 50 years of independence? well, not littering, no spitting of chewing gum, flushing after peeing were instructions still being propagated. what next? no squatting on toilet seats of wc's? i actually have a pic of that sign. imo, the gov is too little and too late in teaching sinkies how to be clean in an already messy food court, i.e. several decades after the inception of the no littering campaign. :eek:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following is another example of the folly occurring at NEA.

If you have piece of litter which you want to throw, you will find that it is extremely difficult to find a litter bin in Singapore. For the few litter bins which are available, they are often overflowing to the point that litter is strewn all over the surrounding area.This simple observation would suggest that there are not enough litter bins and that the litter bins are not being cleared frequently enough. Instead of putting more litter bins and paying for more frequent clearing of the bins, NEA turns it around and brands Singaporeans as being dirty. They up the littering fine and catch more people to send for CWO.

The prime directive at NEA appears to be to "Cut Corner Cut Cost". It is a far cry from the days when Singapore was known throughout the world as a clean city because NEA used our tax payer dollars to actually do their job.

On tray return, if you ever had the misfortune to eat at the Environment Building, you can see first hand the vision of what they hope their tray return campaign will become. If you dare leave your tray behind, you will be loudly and aggressively told by the cleaning aunties/uncles to clear your tray. The aunties/uncles there appear to have been given top management approval to be as rude and aggressive as necessary. The idiots at NEA forget that they can get away with this at Environment Building because Environment Building is a government building. If you get into an aggressive shouting match, the supervisor of the food court can always call security. If there was no security, I am sure many Singaporeans will tell the tray return "empowered" aunties/uncles to :oIo::oIo::oIo:

This has come up before and has come up again. Let me blunt and extremely blunt. Only a moron thinks that returning a tray in a commercially run business is good manners. And only this govt can condition morons to this extent.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vile pappies want sinkies to obey?
Enact law and impose fine.
No flush toilet no littering no jaywalking.....all money

Like the public transport priority seat thingy....fail big time.
Want force sinkie return trays? Impose fine lor...
Note the current environment....fines not not work also....but they are always welcome to try.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past the hawkers had to clear and clean their utensils. They had no issues. Some of them engage assistants and split the costs among few of their hawker neighbours. Also no issue. We continue to have decent hawker centres and the local govt body will arrange for spring cleaning for the conservancy feed paid. Again no issues.

Then the government intervened and engaged cleaning companies that hired locals that did the clearing and cleaning for everyone. Again no issues.

These cleaning companies are not your one man show anymore. These are companies were the ones that first got rid of locals who used to draw about $1k in 1998.The salaries dropped to $600. Nearly 50% drop. No company will operate without a decent margins.

Just as all HDB Kopi Tiams are owned and operated by PAP cadres and associates, these companies are now in the same orbit and some are owned by them.

So the hawkers are not the only ones that are running a business in a HC. The cleaning company is also in business. So who do you think you are helping - the cleaning company or the hawker.

Go to any foodcourt in Seoul or Tokyo or even HK and learn from them.

NEVER EVER FORGET IT IS THE FUCKING PAP WHO MAKE YOU INTO HAWKER ASSISTANT TO WAIT FOR YOUR FOOD TO BE PREPARED AND WAIT TO BRING YOUR OWN FOOD TO YOU.
IN HAWKER CENTERS IN MALAYSIA AND THAILAND, YOU ORDER YOUR FOOD AND THAT WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOU.

PART OF PAP PLAN TO GET YOU USED TO THEIR MIND CONTROLS
AND IN THE PROCESS, THEY STOLE OUR COUNTRY FROM UNDER OUR FEET AND RAPED HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS FROM US

AS IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, THEY WANT YOU TO RETURN THE PLATES AND TRAYS
NEXT THEY WANT YOU TO CLEAN UP AS WELL

A NEW FORM OF KEEPING STINKIES HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH FOR PAP AND HAWKER CENTERS OPERATORS (ALL TIED TO CRASS LOOT PEOPLE) TO FUCK TO TIEW AND TO KAN

I RETURN MY TRAYS IN HONGKONG AND JAPAN AS THEY DO NOT HAVE THE FUCKING PAP THERE
IN STINKAPORE I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO DO THAT
ALL SINGAPOREANS MUST REFUSE TO DO WHAT THE FUCK PAP AND THEIR HAWKER CENTER OPERATORS WANT YOU TO DO

They continue to laugh all the way to their banks
And all the way back from their banks

HA HA HA HA
HEE HEE HEE HE HEEEE
HOO HO HOOO HO HO

Plotzensee_nooses.jpg

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tray return service was initiated in Nov 2012. Not a single cleaning company who were beneficiaries of this scheme were named or identified. Instead they named the companies that owned food outlets as partners. For the HCs, they did not name the cleaning companies. They also had grassroots volunteers help direct customers which surprised me. Shows you how gullible people are.

Since they launched the scheme the usual crowded HCs and food outlets have not improved in terms of cleaning tables etc. The service is the same.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
These grassroots were supposed to play the role of the Env building security to help intimidate/embarrass those who did not return their tray.
However instead of being intimidated, many of these grassroots "leaders" got loudly scolded by Singaporeans who gave them the :oIo:

They also had grassroots volunteers help direct customers which surprised me. Shows you how gullible people are.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vile pappies want you to speak Mandrain to communicate with tiongs....you gong gong follow.
Pappies no solution to rising food costs tell you eat frozen meat...you gong gong follow.
Pappies tell you dun litter so NEA can be lazy and idle.....you gong gong follow.
Dun be a gong cheebye and do what they tell you....
Show them the middle finger.....FUCK YOU PAP!

Each of us live the life we want, the values we hold. I believe in bring considerate, law abiding. And I believe in energy conservation and preservation of our habitat. But I don't support PAP because they r destroying our environment by overdevelopment. Outside of that, I have no issue with their policies on littering, tray return and inculcating more social graces among Singaporeans.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tray return service was initiated in Nov 2012. Not a single cleaning company who were beneficiaries of this scheme were named or identified.

ironically if the campaign to get singaporeans to return their trays is successful, then all the cleaning companies will be out of business.

in oft cited places like Japan, people return their trays because there is no one to clean up after them. hence returning one's tray becomes a social grace.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ironically if the campaign to get singaporeans to return their trays is successful, then all the cleaning companies will be out of business.

in oft cited places like Japan, people return their trays because there is no one to clean up after them. hence returning one's tray becomes a social grace.

Sinkie and social grace do not match at all.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...eateries in u.s. where customers are served with plates, bowls, cutlery on trays, and they are expected to return them. ..commonly found in campus and corporate cafeterias.
scroobal said:
...not seen a single food outlet in North America and Europe where customers return the tray with bowls, plates and cutlery
In (western) europe, cafeterias even expect you to separately return forks/plates/cups in specific spots -presumably for easier sorting/cleaning. And after clearing the "debris" too.

Social norms for sinkies to adjust too, outside merits (or demerits) of tray return. Grappling with tight labour constraints was already par for the course years back.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to cafeterias in Europe that are closed to employees and staff. These are typically are run at a discount and there is an expectation for staff to return trays. Some have conveyor belts and return receptacles for cutlery. They are not public food outlets where customers are expected to return plates and cutlery.

HP staff cafeteria in Depot Rd in the 80s and 90s was regarded as the best and ran at a loss and part of staff welfare. Again these are are not open to the public and the element of profit is not the primary driver.

We should be intelligent enough not be conditioned and cajoled into doing something to line the pockets of businesses. If there is a desire for the customers to contribute then the benefits must be clear. We should not fall for various guises such as good manners and etiquette.

In (western) europe, cafeterias even expect you to separately return forks/plates/cups in specific spots -presumably for easier sorting/cleaning. And after clearing the "debris" too.

Social norms for sinkies to adjust too, outside merits (or demerits) of tray return. Grappling with tight labour constraints was already par for the course years back.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The original intention behind the Nov 2012 campaign was to wean businesses from cheap labour. Some how it got entangled into good manners campaign.

If the govt sets a minimum wage, you will see innovation and productivity shoot up. If they penalise HCs and public food outlets for not clearing and cleaning tables, we would get good clean HCs and food outlets.

Instead the food tray return scheme only lines the pockets of cleaning companies. No improvements in standards or services.

What we certainly need is the re-launch of the courtesy campaign. With FTs, this has gone down considerably.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NEVER EVER FORGET IT IS THE FUCKING PAP WHO MAKE YOU INTO HAWKER ASSISTANT TO WAIT FOR YOUR FOOD TO BE PREPARED AND WAIT TO BRING YOUR OWN FOOD TO YOU.
IN HAWKER CENTERS IN MALAYSIA AND THAILAND, YOU ORDER YOUR FOOD AND THAT WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOU.

PART OF PAP PLAN TO GET YOU USED TO THEIR MIND CONTROLS
AND IN THE PROCESS, THEY STOLE OUR COUNTRY FROM UNDER OUR FEET AND RAPED HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS FROM US

AS IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, THEY WANT YOU TO RETURN THE PLATES AND TRAYS
NEXT THEY WANT YOU TO CLEAN UP AS WELL

A NEW FORM OF KEEPING STINKIES HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH FOR PAP AND HAWKER CENTERS OPERATORS (ALL TIED TO CRASS LOOT PEOPLE) TO FUCK TO TIEW AND TO KAN

I RETURN MY TRAYS IN HONGKONG AND JAPAN AS THEY DO NOT HAVE THE FUCKING PAP THERE
IN STINKAPORE I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO DO THAT
ALL SINGAPOREANS MUST REFUSE TO DO WHAT THE FUCK PAP AND THEIR HAWKER CENTER OPERATORS WANT YOU TO DO

They continue to laugh all the way to their banks
And all the way back from their banks

HA HA HA HA
HEE HEE HEE HE HEEEE
HOO HO HOOO HO HO

Plotzensee_nooses.jpg

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Those who return are those that stay head down down and arseholes up high high to be tiew to be kan by PAP
those who ask people to return are those who want to see stinkes remain head down down and arseholes up high high to be tiew and kan by PAP