• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blocks and Blocks of Flats Refuse to Fly the FAP Familee Flag!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/08/08/fewer-flats-indeed-are-flying-sg-flag-for-nday/

[h=2]Fewer flats indeed are flying SG flag for NDay[/h]

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
August 8th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

Over the last few days, some readers have been sending photos of their
estates to TRE, showing that not many flats are, indeed, flying the Singapore
flag for National Day this year.

A reader from Bukit Batok took the following photos near Ave 4:

ndp_btave4.jpg

Only 1 flag in this block

ndp_btave4a.jpg

2 flags in this block. The 3 columns of flags are put
up by RCs.

Another reader from Jurong area sent in the following photos. He estimated
that “very much less than 5%” of flats put up. Most didn’t:

ndpjurong1.jpeg

ndpjurong2.jpeg

Saw 1 flag in the nearest block

ndpjurong3.jpeg

Saw 1 flag (left side)

ndpjurong4.jpeg

Those flags at lower floors and the smaller flags are
put up by RCs

ndpjurong5.jpg

Saw 2 flags

ndpjurong6.jpg

Didn't see any flags in this block

ndpjurong7.jpg

Didn't see any either

Yet another reader wrote in:

I’m from Lau CB’s GRC. Sending you 7 photos – 6 from Queenstown and 1 from
Cantonment. I can tell you at Spottiswoode Park, it’s even
less!
His photos:

ndpqueesntown-1-flag-lol.jpg

Queenstown - 1 flag

ndpqueenstown-2-or-more-flags-hidden-by-trees.jpg

Queenstown - 2 or more flags, hidden by trees

ndpqueenstown-3flags.jpg

Queenstown - 3 flags

ndpqueenstown-6flags.jpg

Queenstown - 6 flags

ndpqueenstown-no-flag-LOL.jpg

Queenstown - 0 flag

ndpqueesntown-1-flag-lol1.jpg

Queenstown - 1 flag

ndpcantonment-6-flags-but-one-is-hung-wrongly-for-a-long-time-liao1.jpg

Cantonment - 6 flags, 1 hung wrongly

Some of the PAP MPs acknowledged that there is a drop in the number of
Singaporeans flying the national flag from their flats (‘PAP MPs try to explain why fewer flats flying SG flag‘).

Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC MP Zainal Sapari said some RCs in his GRC have stopped
actively decorating housing blocks for National Day since two years ago. “We
feel it would be good if residents do it themselves so that it’s more
heartfelt,” he said.

Tampines GRC MP Baey Yam Keng said a resident told him he did not hang a flag
as he did not want to be the odd one out.

Then there is Dr Chia Shi-Lu, a walkover MP from Tanjong Pagar GRC. Dr Chia
blamed it on the new flat design. He said newer blocks in Queenstown do not have
common corridors facing the outside, making it harder to display flags.

MP for Sembawang GRC Ellen Lee said, “RCs still have to step in as most
residents are either busy, don’t know where to get a flag or how to hang
it.”

David Tan Kok Kheng wrote a passionate letter (‘I urge Singaporeans to fly our flag and be proud!‘), urging
Singaporeans to be patriotic and fly the flag.

He wrote, “When I walk around my estate in Tampines, I find that many
Singaporeans are not displaying our flag. Other than a few blocks decorated with
flags by grassroots members, fewer blocks are adorned with symbols of our
national pride this year. I visited another part of Singapore and observed the
same trend.”

In fact, he said that he is the only one displaying the flag in his
block.

“Could it be that they are demonstrating their unhappiness with life in
Singapore? Or could it be a show of unhappiness with the Government, which they
equate with the country?” he asked.

He tried to remind Singaporeans that national pride and political affiliation
are separate issues.

“We will be a laughing stock if we continually complain about the influx of
foreigners, yet do not even bother to fly our flag in the lead-up to National
Day. How would other countries view us? Would they regard us as a country united
on the surface but divided at the core?” he added.

He urged fellow Singaporeans to fly the flag and be proud Singaporeans.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As the population get more wealthy, they spend more time enjoying life, going for holidays, eating in swanky restaurants and drinking at up market watering holes.

Because they spend so much time enjoying themselves, they have less time to do things at home and that includes hanging flags.

Hurricane88

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays not fashionable to fly the flag...unless gahmen said pay 1 month SC&C then you will see more fly the flag...:smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lemme guess!!!!!these are all photos of HDB estates belonging to Opposition GRCs!!!!!the inhabitants are starting to feel disconnected and exhausted and depressed by their constantly oppressive MPs and greedy pig town councils.......look at the state of neglect and the deteriorating conditions of these appalling slums!!!!!

Oh Repent You sinners and unholy heathens!!!!!!!seek forgiveness from Our Father before its too late!!!!!!and once more shall the Nation's flag fly strong and true alongside with the flag bearers of the whitest gang in town!!!!!

majullah PAP!!!!!majullah singapura!!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays not fashionable to fly the flag...unless gahmen said pay 1 month SC&C then you will see more fly the flag...:smile:

They are very disappointed, they have already 'bribed' the people, with 1 mth S&C, utilities bills, $250, some $250+$250 & no body felt patriotic enough to fly the flag!!....:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard that in the last GE only 40% of the people got to vote.

If the opposition can field enough candidates I suspect they will get the support of the "lesser mortals" because the ground is very bad for the PAP. Got many issues e.g. inflation, unemployment, crowding, .... So expect more "fixing" from the PAP to eliminate the threat.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because they spend so much time enjoying themselves, they have less time to do things at home and that includes hanging flags.

There are many ways to "hang" the flag. Many prefer to "hang" the flag on their cars. Yesterday, I saw a beautiful lady "hanging" the flag on her face at RWS. I am encouraged that more young people are becoming more patriotic.

The flag is our National Flag and not the Lee family's flag. Nothing is more traitorous than this perversion.

Car-Flag-Project-03.jpg

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
He tried to remind Singaporeans that national pride and political affiliation
are separate issues.

“We will be a laughing stock if we continually complain about the influx of
foreigners, yet do not even bother to fly our flag in the lead-up to National
Day. How would other countries view us? Would they regard us as a country united
on the surface but divided at the core?” he added.

He urged fellow Singaporeans to fly the flag and be proud Singaporeans.

What a moron. How can you have pride in your country when the government is selling your country, depriving you of well-paid jobs, refusing to pay out your CPF money, always do what they want and is full of bullshit.

Limbei will fly the Singaporean flag when PAP is voted out of power.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many ways to "hang" the flag. Many prefer to "hang" the flag on their cars. Yesterday, I saw a beautiful lady "hanging" the flag on her face at RWS. I am encouraged that more young people are becoming more patriotic.

The flag is our National Flag and not the Lee family's flag. Nothing is more traitorous than this perversion.

Car-Flag-Project-03.jpg

While we said our pledge in school to that fucking red and white emblem of smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY,
LKY and his fucking PAP thugs stole our country from under our feet and screwed and tiewed and kanned us of hundreds of billions into his stinkapore sovereign funds for LEE/KWA families to use as their fucking banks

FUCK THAT CHEEBYE RED AND WHITE FLAG

THAT FLAG WILL DANGLE UNDER LAMP POST AND DANCE
OR TO BE USED AS FLOOR CLEANERS

ALL HAWKER CENTERS TO USE THAT FUCKING RED AND WHITE SYMBOL OF LKY TO CLEAN TABLES AND CLEAN TOILETS

They continue to laugh all the way to their banks
And all the way back from their banks

HA HA HA HA
HEE HEE HEE HE HEEEE
HOO HO HOOO HO HO

Plotzensee_nooses.jpg

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's also another possibility: an entire block of flat or neighbourhood may have been rented out to foreigners. This has been revealed to me by a friend who lives next to the Chinese Garden. :wink:

In any case, if you want to see flags, you should head to the 'strategic locations' where the helpful RCs assist residents who 'ARE BUSY, DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GET A FLAG OR HOW TO HANG IT'. :rolleyes:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's also another possibility: an entire block of flat or neighbourhood may have been rented out to foreigners. This has been revealed to me by a friend who lives next to the Chinese Garden. :wink:

In any case, if you want to see flags, you should head to the 'strategic locations' where the helpful RCs assist residents who 'ARE BUSY, DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GET A FLAG OR HOW TO HANG IT'. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's in quite a few places. Can confirm that there are or used to have entire blocks of hdb flats in 40+ Bedok south n 220+ yishun rent to foreigners, run by EM services.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental blocks occupied entirely by foreigners are few. People are just plain fed up of this government.

MP Baey gets the cake for the silliest excuse for the lack of flags. A real dud if ever there was one.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the population get more wealthy, they spend more time enjoying life, going for holidays, eating in swanky restaurants and drinking at up market watering holes.

I thought you would issue a harsher criticism.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB hanging SG flat. Here the answer
1. 20% are belong to PR
2. Another 20% are rented out

So only left with 60% is fully occupied by citizen.