• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blocks and Blocks of Flats Refuse to Fly the FAP Familee Flag!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental blocks occupied entirely by foreigners are few. People are just plain fed up of this government.

MP Baey gets the cake for the silliest excuse for the lack of flags. A real dud if ever there was one.

The question is why is our government renting our flats to foreigners when our BTOs are oversubscribed...

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the population get more wealthy, they spend more time enjoying life, going for holidays, eating in swanky restaurants and drinking at up market watering holes.

Because they spend so much time enjoying themselves, they have less time to do things at home and that includes hanging flags.

Totally rubbish.

Boss, you have lost touch with reality in sinkieland. Many Sinkies chose not to put up the flags to express dissatisfaction with the paps or as someone had said, to show the middle figure to the MIW.

SPRs staying in HDB flags are not Singaporeans. Why should they put up the flags? If sinkieland is finished tomorrow, they still have a homeland awaiting them.

Foreigners in private condos also adopted the same attitude. Why put up the flag? Sinkieland is not their country, just a place to enjoy a good life until they move back home.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is why is our government renting our flats to foreigners when our BTOs are oversubscribed...

Renting flat to foreigners is alright but not when SPRs are also allowed to buy HDB flats like sinkies. SPRs should only be allowed to rent flats from HDB since they are foreigners with permits to work and reside in Singapore. To allow them to buy HDB flats does not make sense when there are still many sinkies unable to own HDB flats.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't anyhow fly flags outside my home, for what? Show off your patriotism? I have a flag below my bed sheet cover and sleep with it. Patriot boh?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renting flat to foreigners is alright but not when SPRs are also allowed to buy HDB flats like sinkies. SPRs should only be allowed to rent flats from HDB since they are foreigners with permits to work and reside in Singapore. To allow them to buy HDB flats does not make sense when there are still many sinkies unable to own HDB flats.

Well technically, everyone is renting from HDB for 99 years.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the population get more wealthy, they spend more time enjoying life, going for holidays, eating in swanky restaurants and drinking at up market watering holes.

Because they spend so much time enjoying themselves, they have less time to do things at home and that includes hanging flags.

You are in NZ you wont know the ground feeling of Sickapoorean!!

PPL are sick of the PAP example Big man bully little boy I sue you for defamation!!

You talk some more on CPF - I sue you till you are broke!

Now I asked Hospital to sack you first!

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental blocks occupied entirely by foreigners are few. People are just plain fed up of this government.

MP Baey gets the cake for the silliest excuse for the lack of flags. A real dud if ever there was one.

A poor record by PM LHL...Under his premiership, the country becomes more divisive and less Nationalistic.

Hence, Singaporeans are fed up and not hanging the National flag...

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grassroot lackeys put up most of the flags from what I heard. Those are not from residents. And the lackeys did not even bother to iron them! Slipshod lackeyism at it's best!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grassroot lackeys put up most of the flags from what I heard. Those are not from residents. And the lackeys did not even bother to iron them! Slipshod lackeyism at it's best!

I think it is also due to the various porlumpar grassroots people trying to 'one up' each other's districts/zones in National Day decorations. It's a form of annual competition for them. Because manpower and resources are limited, they focus on the strategic spots (RC blocks, main roads, MRT stations) where they can be seen by more people, including their respective MPs.

Kiasu sycophants wrapped up in ritualistic patriotic fervour.