• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM LEE says Dawson area was a swamp.......

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM Lee says in his National Day speech:

I am here at the Alexandra Park Connector near Dawson. This area used to be kampongs and swamps.

Capture5-300x264.jpg

Now this neighbourhood includes homes, shops, and restaurants, beautifully integrated with nature, running water and green spaces.

Dawson is Swamp?

see http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/08/08/pm-lee-hsien-loongs-national-day-message-2014/

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was 'Lam po lay" (Blue Glass- Dawson area) a swamp?

It had flats with blue glass built by Lim Yew Hock.......no thanks to the PAP

Maybe for Pinky, history started only after 1965?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
in 1965, there was no singapore. the old fart built the island from rocks he pick up from mars and hand build each rock into an island as we called sisters island.

day n night he toll until each n every island was build. then the people came. cheng ho, raffles. they came to party n race each other in their junks n trunks around the island like a F1 circuit.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tiong-bahru-1950.jpg

There were flats before PAP was founded..... Singapore was not a swamp.....Dawson was not a swamp.....

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
what you showed did not exist becos they were destroyed when godzilla fought against the swamp monster called dawson.
Stay-Puft-Marshmallow-Man-versus-Godzilla-570x320.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
forfar-house3-1956.jpg

This was before the PAP came onto the scene...... what swamp?

This is the iconic forfar house aka chup si lau.
I am queenstown who grew up here....
Downstairs was the community center where we go watch tv...next to cc was silo where subsidised cheap rice was sold....
The flats built in 1950s....area was bustling then....
Swamp your mother cheebye pinky....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great one bro, really had a good laugh. Once in a while you do come across a moron that thinks exactly that. Former national swimmer and academic Thum spelt out very clearly based on archival records that. Singapore during the British days had the highest living standard in Asia with the highest per capita of cars.

in 1965, there was no singapore. the old fart built the island from rocks he pick up from mars and hand build each rock into an island as we called sisters island.

day n night he toll until each n every island was build. then the people came. cheng ho, raffles. they came to party n race each other in their junks n trunks around the island like a F1 circuit.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This was how LKY had created Singapore. Substitute LKY for Michael Jackson. It is the closest depiction of what really happened.

[video=youtube;xW1fXL3s7bk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1fXL3s7bk[/video]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a Prime Minister of a country can conjure fiction in public it means one of two things - one he knows he can get away with it because no one will speak up or that he is delusional.

Sure that was odd pigs farms but Dawson is a very short ride to Orchard Rd and City. This is not Lim Chu Kang.

This is the iconic forfar house aka chup si lau.
I am queenstown who grew up here....
Downstairs was the community center where we go watch tv...next to cc was silo where subsidised cheap rice was sold....
The flats built in 1950s....area was bustling then....
Swamp your mother cheebye pinky....

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the task was so onerous, he had to rest on the 8th day.

standbybed69

Alfrescian
Loyal
the spot he's standing is Alexandra with lots of SIT flats flanking both sides of the canal Those SIT flats were better built than those crap HDB flats All the flats comes with balconies unlike crap smaller HDB flats which dun even hv a bedroom. Fyi someone told me his old SIT flat facing Queenstown library comes with gas heated water

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the spot he's standing is Alexandra with lots of SIT flats flanking both sides of the canal Those SIT flats were better built than those crap HDB flats All the flats comes with balconies unlike crap smaller HDB flats which dun even hv a bedroom. Fyi someone told me his old SIT flat facing Queenstown library comes with gas heated water

The new HDB flats: overpriced, small (open fridge door = inaccessible kitchen), a balcony which doesn't even give you much sunlight for your laundry.

And yes... a bomb shelter. :rolleyes:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was 'Lam po lay" (Blue Glass- Dawson area) a swamp?

It had flats with blue glass built by Lim Yew Hock.......no thanks to the PAP

Maybe for Pinky, history started only after 1965?

Need to add a"tang" to "Lam po lay" - "Lam Po Lay Tang :biggrin:

A swamp is a wetland that is forested. That means I grew up in a forest, I studied in Margaret drive school, a school inside a forest. I was Tarzan boy...oh oh oh oh oh..o ..oh oh oh o..

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM Lee says in his National Day speech:

I am here at the Alexandra Park Connector near Dawson. This area used to be kampongs and swamps.

Capture5-300x264.jpg

Now this neighbourhood includes homes, shops, and restaurants, beautifully integrated with nature, running water and green spaces.

Dawson is Swamp?

see http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/08/08/pm-lee-hsien-loongs-national-day-message-2014/

Don't you all find Pinky cute sometimes ? I mean the things he said..most of the time can make you rotfl.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he meant in 1819 lah!

correct. i was swimming and shitting in the swamps from the early 1800s to the mid 1900s. there was a huge region wide volcanic winter in 1815 and a lot of fighting and killing in 1941. sg was pretty much swampland, kampongs, fishing villages, and the only notable contribution to the swamp was raw sewage from the night soil truck with multiple doors towards my twilight years. that caused my demise. :o

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For next year's National Day Speech, Pinky will say that the whole of Orchard Rd used to be a swamp...