• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

another solid char kuay teow has hit the dust :(

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is or rather was a very super char kuay teow in chinatown hawker centre. the other day, i went there and was utterly disappointed that it has shut down.

another honest to goodness food gone forever!:*:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No details? Dunno which stall....
Already shut down....
What for start such a thread? Asking for free fuck?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
that one that closed was a traditional teochew styled ran by an old couple. the fat wifey had problem with her walking and yes, they still served your order right to your table.

what's so special about their ckt was they added chive (ku chai) which i ve not found another ckt stall doing the same. the crispy lard bits were freshly fried daily. they added in generous helping of fresh cockerels which they painstaking removed from the live one. can u imagine that??

overall, it's a die die must try althrough it's very sinful.

but now, that's it. no more liao :(

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that one that closed was a traditional teochew styled ran by an old couple. the fat wifey had problem with her walking and yes, they still served your order right to your table.

what's so special about their ckt was they added chive (ku chai) which i ve not found another ckt stall doing the same. the crispy lard bits were freshly fried daily. they added in generous helping of fresh cockerels which they painstaking removed from the live one. can u imagine that??

overall, it's a die die must try althrough it's very sinful.

but now, that's it. no more liao :(

Nbcb 3 posts already still dunno what fuck you talking....
You referring to the hill street CKT is it?
Contrary to popular belief there are 2 hill street CKT....the stalls used to be side by side (not related).
Both with their own legions of fans though the one now in bedok south is the more famous one.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nbcb 3 posts already still dunno what fuck you talking....
You referring to the hill street CKT is it?
Contrary to popular belief there are 2 hill street CKT....the stalls used to be side by side (not related).
Both with their own legions of fans though the one now in bedok south is the more famous one.
yes, both were from the old demolished hill st but they were not side by side. the bedok one was ground while the other one - the one that is closed now - was upstair. there were 2 level of food stalls.

hill str had many memorable and honest to goodness food. there were the goose/duck rice and a kindly auntie who kept churning freshly cooked veggies in her rice veggie stalls.

in the end, the gahmen razed it down to the ground and had since left the place empty.

why did they always doing such evil things??

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
yes, both were from the old demolished hill st but they were not side by side. the bedok one was ground while the other one - the one that is closed now - was upstair. there were 2 level of food stalls.

hill str had many memorable and honest to goodness food. there were the goose/duck rice and a kindly auntie who kept churning freshly cooked veggies in her rice veggie stalls.

in the end, the gahmen razed it down to the ground and had since left the place empty.

How about the CKT in HongLim Hawker Centre? Used to be second floor. Still there I think

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you for clarifications....keep up speaking coherently like this.
Rumour has it Hill Street was torn down to help improve business for the newly built Funan Centre food court nearby

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still one of my fav...but old man is getting old...

Hai Kee Char Kway Teow
Telok Blangah Crescent Food Centre
#01-102
5pm to 10pm Closed on Sundays

one plate at a time, humful

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2jb71rtnamM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

t0nychat

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is or rather was a very super char kuay teow in chinatown hawker centre. the other day, i went there and was utterly disappointed that it has shut down.

another honest to goodness food gone forever!:*:

Those who cook meat should hit the dust.

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certain local dishes like CKT and laksa.....if you eat without hum its machiam fucking a sex doll....just ain't the real deal man

Actually, was trying to rythm with

mee siam mai hum..heehee

i Love hums, those days in Margaret drive, will ask for extra 50cents hums.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, was trying to rythm with

mee siam mai hum..heehee

i Love hums, those days in Margaret drive, will ask for extra 50cents hums.

that fella's hum is from pre-packed. not very fresh. his ckt was very so-so except his portion was very generous. even if he's still frying, i would give it a pass. not worth the sinfulness in the stomach.