• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ms Ng: NUS Freshman Orientation Camp Turned into BDSM Exercise

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]NUS ORIENTATION CAMP MADE STUDENTS STRIP AND LICK WHIPPED CREAM OFF EACH OTHER[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
31 Jul 2014 - 1:59pm

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TRS,
I want to highlight a concern about the way NUS is sexually grooming our young adults at their 'Orientation Camps'.

It has come to my attention that the year 1 orientation camp went totally out of control. My nephew who enrolled with NUS went for the orientation camp two weeks ago and confided in me about the sick and degrading games the senior students or camp facilitators made the young teenagers/adults play.

My nephew who just turned 21 was made to strip down to his shorts and was being blind folded and bounded by tape. He went on to say that the camp facilitators were making the girls who also attended the orientation to lick whip cream off his neck, his nipples and also rub her hands on his thigh, trying to sexually stimulate him.

He also mentioned that they were made to do push-ups on top of the girls and other inappropriate and sexual moves. One of the girls broke down in tears as she felt pressured to perform all these shameless acts.

Is this how the top school of the nation grooms our youths? The camp facilitators/seniors are teaching our men not to respect women, and it also teaches our women to allow themselves to be degraded.

I am utterly disgusted and disappointed that this is going on. These are NOT how ice-breakers are conducted.

These students are the future of Singapore and when they are being exposed to such degrading, humiliating and disgusting acts, how are they going to portray the proper image or behavior?

Through such activities, NUS is clearly encouraging and enforcing our youths to disrespect themselves with such degrading acts.

I wrote to NUS to raise my concerns too and they replied me saying that these activities are unacceptable and they are investigating what happened at the camp:
Many thanks or sharing more information.

The type of games and behaviour described in your email is unacceptable at NUS. Orientation activities are intended to welcome freshmen and help them settle into the university community and campus life.

Student leaders and organisers are constantly reminded to develop meaningful orientation activities, and to ensure that students are free to opt out of activities that they may not be comfortable with.

I’ve asked our student office to look into the matter with the details you have provided.

I am so sorry again that your nephew had this uncomfortable experience at orientation. I do hope very much that what happened will not colour what should be, for your nephew, a fulfilling freshman year at NUS.

Best wishes
Ovidia

Did the camp facilitators receive the mandate from the school to conduct such distasteful acts during the orientation?

Ms Ng
TRS Contributor

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sounds like the freshmen had a great time. Ms Ng is probably jealous because she couldn't get laid by a freshman no matter how hard she tried.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In spite of incidents and clampdowns in the past, this continues to happen year after year. Expect to see similar incidents to be reported in 2015, 2016, 2017...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This kind of NUS freshmen orientation is so fucking pathetic. The day they start organizing orgies and gangbang for freshmen, is the day I say NUS finally work up to the real world.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never bothered participating in freshman orientation. If you're seeking to get laid, there are better methods.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Merely the usual sensationalization tactic that TRS occasionally pulls to drive in traffic. The freshmen orientation games described here are practically rape. Things like that happen without large numbers of typical Singaporeans complaining? Not likely.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
the women's values are re-engineered through such happy initiation rituals.

Stewie-family-guy-21828316-500-281.gif

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember as part of engineering weeks, the engineer students hired a stripper to do a re-enactment of Lady Godiva, They had a stripper ride topless on a horse around campus. This was decades ago in conservative Canada. It was just a stunt & no parent complained because it happened in a university where 18 year olds are considered adults.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There you are, the students were 'considered adults.' In Singapore, no one except the elites are considered adult enough to deal with unfettered breasts or flow of information.

I remember as part of engineering weeks, the engineer students hired a stripper to do a re-enactment of Lady Godiva, They had a stripper ride topless on a horse around campus. This was decades ago in conservative Canada. It was just a stunt & no parent complained because it happened in a university where 18 year olds are considered adults.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Ng clearly is the root of the problem why sinkie birth rate is so low. Won't want to screw. She will definitely not watch Fifty Shades of Grey.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How does such activities help them to orientate to the uni life?
I skipped my orientation camps for jc and uni.
Didnt see why i had to follow rules and be dictated what to do in such camps.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt there is any woman leader or organizer in NUS/ SIM/ NTU freshmen orientation program.
No parent will allow such act on their daughter as well.