• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS: WP will be NOTHING if it didn't have the contribution from people like me

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, I have to commend ALL those who joined WP after JBJ left and before GE2006, even though some of them have not seen eye to eye with me in many issues during that period of time. For whatever differences we have back then, we held the same belief, we could rebuild opposition via WP.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like it or not, Singaporeans do owe a debt of gratitude to GMS and all those who he named after 2001. They were not polished, loaded with academic credentials nor were they known captions of industry nor leaders in their respective profession. They however stepped forward and fought a good battle in 2006. It was also the turning point for opposition politics. I am sure people like Daniel Goh, Chen, and others would not have stepped forward if WP did not get the results and the attention that they received since 2006.

I recall the immediate years prior to GE 2006 and SBF was one of the favourites forums to discuss opposition politics. People like GMS and Melvin Tan helped educate many in this forum and raised the awareness and interest in many of the forum readers.

We all had our numerous confrontations with one or both of them but they they and their associates including their families made the first move and the rest followed. I recall I used to have the usual discussion with GMS, MT, Locke and Ramseth about WP's bucket and broom stick approach to politics. I said you must capture the national attention. They said that they will work from ground up and I laughed. I guess they had the last laugh.

I am certain without them, WP will not be on this road. Neither Singapore.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What GMS described is typical of any organization - surely there are people who will join earlier and people later. The question is whether someone or some batch can bring the organization to the next lap.

Not to put anyone down but if the same group stuck around and formed the Aljunied team in 2011, it might never be captured. Like it or not CSM was a big factor in bringing down that GRC and none of those listed by GMS are at there.

I am also sure if GMS didn't nitpick every single non-existent hair on WP, those that came up after 2006 (and after 2011) would remember and feel gratitude for him even if he was with NSP.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
soo far it is not working...but pap can easily use him as an example of a quality oppo..

We will know, if that happens, that the PAP obviously isn't sincere but a disingenuous plot to divide opposition votes. The same praise was given to Steve Chia by GCT, only to be withdrawn.

KNNBXCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm pretty glad that Captain 38250 was not voted in. If not, we would have lost a credible comedian here in SBF.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I have to commend ALL those who joined WP after JBJ left and before GE2006, even though some of them have not seen eye to eye with me in many issues during that period of time. For whatever differences we have back then, we held the same belief, we could rebuild opposition via WP.

Goh Meng Seng

As a hardcore PAP supporter since 2014 i fully support your cause. Down with opposition, forward PAP!

ZaoBao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently you have missed the TNP report on WP CEC elections. No need to quote from me at all, the WP veterans are all pouring out their discontent. Go figure out why this is so.

Goh Meng Seng

Apparently you thought I deduced you are the defacto PAP go to guy for WP negative remarks based on just this incident. Go figure how many times you did that.

TNP can be believed? You that naïve?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just bear in mind opposition parties will be nothing without contributions from people.

So intead of moaning how PAP fuck and tiew and kan you and your kids, make the effort to give money and your time to oppo parties.
Any oppo parties

AND DO NOT BAD MOUTH ANY OPPO PARTIES
FOCUS ON THE DESTRUCTION OF PAPs

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were many hands who helped. Unlike those who joined the PA "grassLOOT", most did so even though there was nothing to gain but plenty to lose. They did so because they did not want to stand by while Singapore was destroyed. The most significant assistance these helping hands provided was the slow gradual release of the truth. To quote from Buddha

There are 3 things which cannot be long hidden - the sun, the moon and the truth.

Like it or not, Singaporeans do owe a debt of gratitude to GMS and all those who he named after 2001. They were not polished, loaded with academic credentials nor were they known captions of industry nor leaders in their respective profession. They however stepped forward and fought a good battle in 2006. It was also the turning point for opposition politics. I am sure people like Daniel Goh, Chen, and others would not have stepped forward if WP did not get the results and the attention that they received since 2006.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a political analyst to an attention seeker.
That's great!

WP makes history without him or those he named.

Aljunied GRC was formed in 1988 and was held by the People's Action Party (PAP) till 2011. Currently, Aljunied GRC is led by the Secretary-General of the Workers' Party, Low Thia Khiang. This is the first time a Group Representation Constituency has been won by a party other than the PAP since the introduction of the Group Representation Constituency concept in 1988.

from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aljunied_Group_Representation_Constituency

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just bear in mind opposition parties will be nothing without contributions from people.

There were many hands who helped. Unlike those who joined the PA "grassLOOT", most did so even though there was nothing to gain but plenty to lose.

The people walking around the rally stage in blue like their candidate counterparts (or red, orange etc. for the other opposition parties) toiling and sweating. The purchasers of much party paraphernalia outside the barricade cheering their voices away. They don't even have the chance to be named because their names are not known. GMS seems to think only his category counts. Not unexpected for someone with that magnitude of an ego.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are going overboard with this. Helpers and volunteers are certainly part of the organisation but its the people who stand as candidates or who run the party are the main elements.

Its has nothing to do with how much you sweat, hours clocked etc. Its how you contribute and the material impact that you have made.

The people walking around the rally stage in blue like their candidate counterparts (or red, orange etc. for the other opposition parties) toiling and sweating. The purchasers of much party paraphernalia outside the barricade cheering their voices away. They don't even have the chance to be named because their names are not known. GMS seems to think only his category counts. Not unexpected for someone with that magnitude of an ego.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you are going overboard with this. Helpers and volunteers are certainly part of the organisation but its the people who stand as candidates or who run the party are the main elements.

Its has nothing to do with how much you sweat, hours clocked etc. Its how you contribute and the material impact that you have made.

Especially none of those talk cock and cunt about oppo not standing or that they voted for oppo as if that is all they need to do to get the fucking PAP out.

HAVE THEY WORKED THAT AREA AND CANVAS THE PEOPLE THERE AND EDUCATE OTHERS THERE TO VOTE THE PAP OUT
HAVE THEY GAVE THEIR TIME AND MONEY AND EFFORTS TO FUCK THE PAP?

HAVE THEY STOOD UP BRAVELY TO FUCK AND GET THE FUCKING PAP OUT?

VOTING ALONE IS SO FUCKING LITTLE AND SO MUCH MORE IS REQUIRED
OR THEY JUST WANT TO STAY HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLE UP HIGH HIGH FOR PAP TO TIEW AND TO KAN AND TO FUCK

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Definitely, we shouldn't forget the unsung volunteers and ordinary members too. They too put in their share and also had to face criticism from family members just for the act of joining an opposition party. They took leave from work, sometimes lost precious income as a result, braved the rain often, to make sure the candidates got the spotlight and the hammer sales went through.

Bottom line is everyone who worked hard and contributed positively should give themselves a pat on the back. Their names will never be known to the public. Many people each made their own small impact over the years and it all added up to make WP what it is today.