• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

10,000 Malaysian students commuting between Singapore & Johor daily

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main issue is if there r tat many foreigners studying in public schools..how come this is allowed I tue 1st place...? In ozland. Foreigners have to go private school unless permission is given. Also foreigners pay full fees...unless on scholarships which r few n far between. Thanks 60%.

yeah thats weird....i see secondary schools importing foreigners like nobody business but what exactly does it accomplish?do they generate more school fees?do these students add to the gdp or maybe schools are employing them in sweatshops?if anything having more foreign students only sucks up our nation's resources and we have to expand our education budget by billions,why the fuck are we educating foreigners for free?????

before the principals or singapore parents tell me the reason is "rankings".....ima slap the shit out of them,who cares?????why do singapore schools play this ridiculous game?????when i go to australia,do i tell the ang mohs i come from river valley or dunman or chung cheng or xxxxxx....ranked the top 10 or top 20 schools in singapore.....its like who even gives a fark?????who cares what ching chong wing wong school u come from????

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of them laughing at us!! Our gahment think we r saving the Chinese from Malay persecution!! They just laugh when we offer them freebies to become PR here!!

Malaysians will openly condemn their own government and praise the PAP government to you. But if you ask them if they want to be Singapore citizens, they will say they prefer to go back to their own country. They are just like that Twit Leongsam. Always praising Singapore but prefer not to live here.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tuan,

much of the 0.5 million PRs we have in Sinkiestan, a large proportion of them actually stay here and actually own HDB... say a 150K-180K do the daily crossing over? a smaller proportion go back on weekends only...

Dear ZH, I suggest you research on daily commuters to SGP. I was not referring to PRs. In an oder publication, it was already put at 400K daily.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Dear ZH, I suggest you research on daily commuters to SGP. I was not referring to PRs. In an oder publication, it was already put at 400K daily.

ooo... was under the impression that a large number of those that cross over daily to work here in Sinkiestan don't even bother to apply for PR...

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Run ,
don tell me you hate those kids because they are studying here then may fight the Uni seat with your kids in future.

so you hate them?

Brother, I want to give you a more simple reply about this today.

I don't hate Malaysians. My maternal grandmother is from Malaysia.

I am grateful to some Malaysians in my life; kind Malaysian nurses in hospital who took care of my family member, 2 of my child's favourite teachers are from Malaysia.

But the sheer numbers of foreign kids in our local primary/secondary/JC and poly are too much. When RUN was schooling, there was only 1-2 foreigners in his whole cohort. Now, in most schools, you can find >5 in every class. In my child's school, 50% of the prefects and the head-prefect are not local.

Every Singapore child counts.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, I want to give you a more simple reply about this today.

I don't hate Malaysians. My maternal grandmother is from Malaysia.

I am grateful to some Malaysians in my life; kind Malaysian nurses in hospital who took care of my family member, 2 of my child's favourite teachers are from Malaysia.

But the sheer numbers of foreign kids in our local primary/secondary/JC and poly are too much. When RUN was schooling, there was only 1-2 foreigners in his whole cohort. Now, in most schools, you can find >5 in every class. In my child's school, 50% of the prefects and the head-prefect are not local.

Every Singapore child counts.

When there are so many foreigners, it is only natural to expect some of their brats here.

Lee Hsien Loong threw open the floodgates, even Goh Chok Tong wasn't that brazen. The population statistics do not lie.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
... 100,000?200,000?if we conscript all these goddam foreigner students we could literally double our military strength.

What if these conscripts turned their guns on sinkies after their military training by SAF? Are they willing to fight for sinkieland or will they use the guns to take over sinkieland?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
When there are so many foreigners, it is only natural to expect some of their brats here.

Lee Hsien Loong threw open the floodgates, even Goh Chok Tong wasn't that brazen. The population statistics do not lie.

It would be better to throw out the MIW and save this island.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Sngapore is education hub, so must welcome more foreigners to study.
They should just produce classes for students to follow from their homes over the internet. This would kill malaysian education system totally as many will follow this instead due to higher ranking internationally.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if these conscripts turned their guns on sinkies after their military training by SAF? Are they willing to fight for sinkieland or will they use the guns to take over sinkieland?

Singaporean become same as Palestinian? By then too late and people who sympathised with the 10,000 Msian students having tough time to travel across daily to study will see these children grow up and their true colours to the host turned refugee.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
RUN understands that most of those commuting daily between Singapore & Johor studies in the primary/secondary/JC schools in the North + Republic Polytechnic. If the above numbers are true, I think we are looking at >10,000 Malaysian children below 18 years old in Singapore, including those staying in Singapore. Sorry, we are talking about Malaysian, alone.

Give ourselves a chance.

PS: For uni, we also grant a significant number of places to Malaysian with STPM qualifications (equivalent to our A-levels). Many of their 3 or 4 As students will end up in sg universities.

My friend is a primary school teacher in Woodlands, and she says one third of her class is malaysian kids, but I believe mostly chinese malaysians. Malaysians are resourceful and creative. If schoolkids numbering 10,000 can commute every day feom Johore to singapore to study, why can't stupid sinkies just tell the PAP to fuck off with their high HDB prices and instead buy property and live in JB. If kids can do the commute, surely, sinkies can do it too.