• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't go JB: Free access to over 160 StarHub TV channels for NDP Weekend

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the early years, a popular rumour was that. Singaporeans will be stopped at the borders leaving the country on National. Day. Couple of school mates will swear that what their parents told them.
hahaha.....this type of bullshits u can also spin....
the truth is that they will confiscate your passport if u try to leave Singapore on National Day.....

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starhub Cable TV is a lost cause.
With internet TV, people can watch a lot of movie and channels for a fraction of cost per month.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Starhub Cable TV is a lost cause.
With internet TV, people can watch a lot of movie and channels for a fraction of cost per month.

Starhub is not going to be the only casualty. Singtel's MIO is also going to take a hit. These companies should consider downsizing & getting rid of their dead wood management .

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starhub is not going to be the only casualty. Singtel's MIO is also going to take a hit. These companies should consider downsizing & getting rid of their dead wood management .

With little customer base, they should be outward looking for money making business. Singapore market is so small, and government can only protect you for so long only. You can only force milk the consumer so much, like pushing expensive cable TV programme just because you are the sole distributor in Singapore.

People will start to look for other sources for programmes , like using Android TV box. You can actually watch 300 programmes for a paltry $6 per month.

It will be a sad day for consumers if these providers ISP will actually limit the internet to 10 gig or 20 gig of data per month on your home broad band. Will they resort to that ?

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With little customer base, they should be outward looking for money making business. Singapore market is so small, and government can only protect you for so long only. You can only force milk the consumer so much, like pushing expensive cable TV programme just because you are the sole distributor in Singapore.

People will start to look for other sources for programmes.

It will be a sad day for consumers if these providers ISP will actually limit the internet to 10 gig or 20 gig per month on your home broad band. Will they resort to that ?

PAP abused their power by forcing people to use starhub. They might have made $$$$$$ but now people are abandoning these gov't monopolies.
Malaysia I think took the smarter route by going satellite. While in Batam & LOS I noticed that the hotels there are using programing distributed by Astro. The may be making less but in the long term they will survive longer than companies like Starhub.

I doubt that the PAP can control the prices of internet access. If they did try then Spore would lose out to our neighbours. LOS & Indo has cheaper rates & the speeds are improving.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP abused their power by forcing people to use starhub. They might have made $$$$$$ but now people are abandoning these gov't monopolies.
Malaysia I think took the smarter route by going satellite. While in Batam & LOS I noticed that the hotels there are using programing distributed by Astro. The may be making less but in the long term they will survive longer than companies like Starhub.

I doubt that the PAP can control the prices of internet access. If they did try then Spore would lose out to our neighbours. LOS & Indo has cheaper rates & the speeds are improving.

It will be less work on the ground if you put a satellite dish on every block of flat. We would not need constant digging in the roads to lay the cable. I still remember that Singkiw government invested with STARHUB cable BB. They dig the whole island out just to lay cable.

Within 15 years, they dig out all the ground again. This time for Fibre broadband. They should have installed satellite dishes which is much more straight foward.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then god forbid no one will watch the NDP.....
Every year all the tv channels will only show the LIVE NDP.....
Starhub trying to sabo?