• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia bus driver on strike, Refuse to enter CIQ!

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
10457853_10203240815893671_1277821893352932588_n.jpg

Malaysian bus drivers stage "strike" at Johor Checkpoint - Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE: Malaysian buses ferrying factory workers and school children into Singapore are reported to have staged a "strike" at the Malaysian Checkpoint at Johor Bahru.

MediaCorp Hotline received at least five calls about the incident early on Friday morning.

One of the callers, Mr Tan, said he saw many Malaysian-registered buses ferrying factory workers refusing to continue their journey into Singapore at Woodlands.

He said this could be due to the imposition of higher fees for Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) on August 1, affecting Johor-bound and Singapore-bound vehicles.

Mr Tan said the "strike" by the bus drivers caused heavy traffic congestion at the Checkpoint. Factory workers had to disembark at the Malaysian CIQ and walk a long distance into Singapore to board buses to their workplace.

Another caller said the congestion at the Malaysia CIQ has affected school children travelling into Singapore. He said most of them will be late for school this morning.

- CNA/de

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha...knn...another number 1 policy by pap...:oIo:

can you all see one stupid policy by pap cronies can cause so much inconvenience to human lives, all thanks to the childish behaviour of pap.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at that fucking lane of people my god,its like the war in syria and hundreds of thousands of refugees are streaming into the neighbouring country.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
one dumb policy can cause so much inconvenience to thousands of pple, what do you think?

The affected people are mainly Singaporeans or Malaysisns?

So you suggest that when Malaysian hike fee, we just lan lan do nothing and keep quiet or better still in this instance withdraw our fee hike?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's not that, what are diplomats for? they should have sent in their cho bo lan cronies into the kingdom cum of malaya to seek fair settlement on this matter. imagine if malaya continue to hike others like food and import prices, what can sinkies do? they should have known this, not just chidlishly increase to match their intimidation.:rolleyes:

So you suggest that when Malaysian hike fee, we just lan lan do nothing and keep quiet or better still in this instance withdraw our fee hike?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's hike more than them. See who suffer. KNN those m&ds are ungrateful. Server those m&ds supporters right. Let them suffer with the m&ds.

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian drivers got balls. Speakers corner? Permit? Feedback unit? Not happy? Just park their butts at CTE, hoosay liow.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure it's lack of foresight or just plain silly for more money. I thought the objective of the fee increase was to curb the increasing number of Malaysia registered cars being used here as it is cheaper due to the high Coe. That being the case, they should limit the increase to only cars and small goods vehicles. Now it backfired. They must have thought that the bus operators will simply pass the cost to the users. Sometimes things don't happen this way. Well if the bus operators do not relent, it will be interesting to see who will be affected. Maybe they will send local bus there to pick up the people, on the condition that it has the blessing of the authority on the other side.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will not be surprised one day they cut our water supply or increase the water price, sinkies got to know that you are dealing with johor, they are green eyed mosnters like many of lky's cronies. i like to see green eyed cronies vs the despot sultan's cronies, so fun to watch...!:rolleyes:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's the Fucking PAP that started all this furore!! increase VEP from $20.00 to $35.00
the JB follow suit, tit for tat tactic!! who suffer most ?? those poor travellers to has no choice
are the losers!!

Petty King PAP everything money money talk!! just to pay themselves million at the expense of the
common people!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one dumb policy can cause so much inconvenience to thousands of pple, what do you think?

one dumb minister, that caused thousands of travellers crossing the two check points to be inconvenience, f$%#$^^^ WKS, till this day, I would say, & we are still paying his salary...what do you think???:mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the Fucking PAP that started all this furore!! increase VEP from $20.00 to $35.00
the JB follow suit, tit for tat tactic!! who suffer most ?? those poor travellers to has no choice
are the losers!!

Petty King PAP everything money money talk!! just to pay themselves million at the expense of the
common people!!

Another example of the PAP screwing up. They didn't think through the impact of the policy change.

Factories & businesses in Spore rely on cheaper Malaysian labour. So expect the PAP to quickly do something about it because it hurts them where it hurts, their pockets.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
HO SEY LIAO LAH!!

I hope they stop coming forever, this is one of the best PAP policies.
Less people, less jam, less students competing with our own, less workers competing with our own.

Unless you are a towkay, why kpkb?

Asian

Alfrescian
Loyal
HO SEY LIAO LAH!!

Less people, less jam, less students competing with our own, less workers competing with our own.

I rather have more Malaysian than, Ah Tiong, Ah Neh & Pinoy

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HO SEY LIAO LAH!!

Well Said!!! This will make employ Malaysian more expensive... Why you guys not happy???

How often you guys cross over to JB? Maybe you can state it before you comment... I believe most of those KPKB seldom use it...:rolleyes: