• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tofu Mc-Nuggets

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
McDonald's Japan unveils 'tofu nuggets' after China meat scandal
Published on Jul 30, 2014 1:40 PM

TOKYO(AFP) - McDonald's restaurants in Japan are turning to time-honoured Asian soul food - tofu - as the chain scrambles to minimise the damage from an embarrassing tainted meat scandal in China.

The fast-food giant's more than 3,000 restaurants in Japan on Wednesday started selling "Tofu Shinjo" nuggets modelled on a traditional side dish that meshes tofu, vegetables and fish.

For 249 yen (S$3), customers can sink their teeth into four pieces of the chicken-free creation.

The rollout comes days after the firm said that its Japanese restaurants had stopped sourcing poultry products from a nugget supplier in Shanghai, in response to a scandal that saw expired meat sold to fast food giants.

Ok guys, I tried it, don't waste your time, neither tofu nor chicken just taste like flour thats all.

Look, this is do dry

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, Japan McDonald's has ginger sauce for dipping McNuggets? Much better than Sinkie McDonald's.

The more alarming news is that the supply of McNuggets has been mostly outsourced to China, such that even Japan needs to make adjustments.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
expensive................

Japan doesn't have a horde of FTs depressing wages, and it also has real unions fighting for workers' rights.

Also, the fast food restaurant restaurants in Japan are staffed by young, energetic Japanese people.
Here in Singapore, they're staffed by Pinoys, old folks, Down's syndrome people and IMH patients who are getting rehabilitated into society.

First world country indeed. :rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u know Mcdonalds nuggets taste like cardboard and shit compared to australian KFC nuggets anyway so i dont see how tofu nuggets can be any worse.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wow, Japan McDonald's has ginger sauce for dipping McNuggets? Much better than Sinkie McDonald's.

The more alarming news is that the supply of McNuggets has been mostly outsourced to China, such that even Japan needs to make adjustments.

Jezzzzz is that ginger sauce? Doesn't taste like ginger at all. Still had the packet in the bin went to smell again ya sure don't smell like ginger. It's just typical Japanese bbq sauce to me.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jezzzzz is that ginger sauce? Doesn't taste like ginger at all. Still had the packet in the bin went to smell again ya sure don't smell like ginger. It's just typical Japanese bbq sauce to me.

しょうがソース = 生姜 sauce = Ginger sauce.

Gostan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed Japanese uses tactics such as appealing packaging in their products, which will induced you to buy and consumers will end up with disappointing results.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed Japanese uses tactics such as appealing packaging in their products, which will induced you to buy and consumers will end up with disappointing results.

I think you've never bought quality Japanese products before (Hint: Daiso is not a place where you'll find them). :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PAP government has learnt this from the Nihon-ji, that is why the 65 years & above package is the same, as what you had described, CPF too & many, many, many others!

KNNBXCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys is inviting trouble again. While the common sinkies are struggling to walk across the causeway just to save a few dollars in groceries, he is indulging in Japanese tofu in Tokyo :biggrin:

Ok, siam first :biggrin: