• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Traitors Cut Corner in Pigeonholes For Years! Now Tai Chi Problems Away!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Open letter to HDB, Potong Pasir TC & MP Sitoh[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
July 29th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

24 July 2014
This is an open letter to HDB Branch office of Toa Payoh (HDB), Town Council of Potong Pasir (TCPP) and the MP of Potong Pasir, Mr Sitoh Yih Pin.

On 5 June 2014, I wrote to Mr Sitoh’s FB reported the inferior workmanship of the old timber air-conditioning panel with one side of the frame was stuff with paper to fill-up the gaps between the frame and wall. This sub-standard workmanship allowed water-seepage into my master-bed room floor. The master-bed room floor was originally installed with ceramic tiles but later I added on with timber plywood and vinyl floor sheet some four years ago. As a result of the water seepage, the timber plywood backing in various part of the master-bed room is damaged and rotten and the floor no longer leveled.

Both the TCPP and the HDB branch officer came to inspect the unit without a prior appointment in different time occasions.

The HDB replied via its letter dated 15 July 2014 and read by me today. HDB stated under its SOP that the maintenance of the air-con panel falls within the responsibility of TCPP and the Lessee (that’s me in this case) of the flat unit. It has no mentioned and has totally ignored the fact and existence of inferior workmanship of the air-con panel. A defective work remains a defective work, be it 12 months or 30 years after completion!

I disagree that I should maintain a defective work on behalf of HDB and it is never cross my mind that HDB would allow its contractor to fill the gaps with paper instead of proper cement grouting.

In the question of whether TCPP should be maintaining a defective work on behalf of HDB is not within my boundary of knowledge but should it not properly define in the Town Council Acts, it must be the failure of the law makers or might with the intention to absorb HDB from liable to the failure to deliver a reasonable workman like quality housing so fundamental a responsibility of HDB to provide in the first place.

Until to-date, no solution has put in place for the defective designed roof which allowed birds to reside in the open roof space. I do not have the luxury to open my windows as freely as I should in the fear of bird droppings may land in my unit floor. My window glass and laundry are constantly soiled by bird droppings.

May I remind you of a recent case where a bird had intruded into the lift shaft that died above the lift car. TCPP reported that a mesh had hole that allowed the bird to pass through. Industrial practice would have brick wall to close up the Lift Motor Room! If wire mesh was to be installed, at least a galvanized mesh to be in place for better resistance against corrosion! This is a problem roof that HDB had put up some 30 years back!

The HDB’s reply of 15 July 2014 is evasive of its responsibility altogether and is of my view, “irresponsible”!

10401398_628975243846344_8167716489373341578_n.jpg

10003949_628975277179674_8051465840081222004_n.jpg

10363974_628974910513044_1785604905711287020_n.jpg

Potong Pasir Resident
[Source]: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Potong-Pasir-issues/137219996355207

Editor’s note: PAP Sitoh Yih Pin garnered 7,992 votes, 114 more votes than SPP Lina Chiam in 2011 GE for Potong Pasir SMC.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its signature made by PRC, sitoh will tell lessee,"did you vote for me?" Would rightful justice if he HAD INDEED voted for sitoh..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought paper not allowed as it is a fire hazard!! Maybe the writer should complain to SCDF!

SCDF will tell you,, this comes under BCA & then you tell you, it is the TC problem & then TC says it is HDB , then HDB says it is the flat owner's problem, for they never maintain the wall....& the flat owners?? whom did they voted for?? Sitoh?? now they "si & toh"..that the problem is 'tai chi' back to them...TCPP....ha ha ha

WUWIWYG.....what you wish, is what you get...don't complain, just pay & repair for your landlord mistakes...:biggrin: