• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

German Carmakers Diu LTA for Extra Dynamometer Test. SGs to Pay $1k For It!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
u are such a retard. U are talking about Lexus LS400, right? debutted in 1989. At that time, many laughed at it. It was a copy of a mercedes S class, right down to the front bonnet. Only with the reliability of a Toyota engine. for this, u want to build a museum? What an ass. Why don't u look up the history of bentley, alfa romeo, audi, mercedes, ferrari, etc. and learn what real automotive history is.

In 1989, I was still using this.

motorola-brick.jpg

It is now in my museum.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hook what up to the engine block? U have no knowledge of what is a dynamometer, nor how it works. Nothing is hooked up to the engine block. Where on the engine block can you hook up anything?

I think you have mistaken the dyno test required by LTA to be similar to the normal dyno run carried out where the dynamometer measures the wheel horsepower.

LTA is asking them to measure the brake horsepower by carrying out dyno test like the one shown in this video
http://www.google.com.au/url?q=http...twIwBw&usg=AFQjCNGaPuQjqtfSzkjLkuVEC9X9J7AIDw

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lexus does not have a history long enough to warrant a museum

Actually the one I went is not a real museum as in showing Toyota's cars. Its more of a technology centre showing Toyota's technology and development. This location is a significant one being the first Toyota factory not manufacturing cars but rather producing cloth and yarn this is toyota's first business. So this location is their first business a large part of this centre also feature the yarn production and machines have to say its really amazing.

The automotive business started off as only a small department within a yarn division. Here are some pics of the yarn part

The Toyota Automotive Museim is actually in another location near Nagoya - http://www.toyota.co.jp/Museum/english/access/

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think you have mistaken the dyno test required by LTA to be similar to the normal dyno run carried out where the dynamometer measures the wheel horsepower.

LTA is asking them to measure the brake horsepower by carrying out dyno test like the one shown in this video
http://www.google.com.au/url?q=http...twIwBw&usg=AFQjCNGaPuQjqtfSzkjLkuVEC9X9J7AIDw

u are joking right? In order to run the Brake horsepower test, u have to remove the engine from the car, as shown in your video. The engine cannot be attached to any aircon belts, or transmission, etc. as they drain the power. Hence its completely removed. By your logic, the German dealers will have to remove all their car engines, send it to LTA to be bench tested like in your video? And than reinstalled into the car. Wow, truly, your mind works in mysterious ways. I am not the one mistaken, you are. I only need to ask you one thing. How many times have u dynoed your car? It better be a hell of a lot more times than me, in order for me to even consider your posts with a shred of credibility.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u are joking right? In order to run the Brake horsepower test, u have to remove the engine from the car, as shown in your video. The engine cannot be attached to any aircon belts, or transmission, etc. as they drain the power. Hence its completely removed. By your logic, the German dealers will have to remove all their car engines, send it to LTA to be bench tested like in your video? And than reinstalled into the car. Wow, truly, your mind works in mysterious ways. I am not the one mistaken, you are. I only need to ask you one thing. How many times have u dynoed your car? It better be a hell of a lot more times than me, in order for me to even consider your posts with a shred of credibility.
I am not joking. Below is an extract from the first post on the comments made by the German side:

"He said it will delay the arrival of new cars and add to costs. Each dynamometer test is expected to cost between $500 and $1,000, and 30 to 40 cars are expected to be tested each year."

He commented that 30 to 40 cars are expected to be tested each year. It implies that LTA is expecting them to conduct sample testing - not every car.

It is the added cost and time that they are upset as the testing requires stripping of a few sample cars from each batch (if my assumption is right)

Incidentally I can't afford a car.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

So?

what difference does this make?

Take out engine or run engine with whole system. Make a difference to your small fuck country where horsepower was NEVER the issue but rather than simply SPACE which is the direct cause of CONGESTION!

You Sinkie, especially those like in LTA need to have your sinkified mind checked.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So?

what difference does this make?

Take out engine or run engine with whole system. Make a difference to your small fuck country where horsepower was NEVER the issue but rather than simply SPACE which is the direct cause of CONGESTION!

You Sinkie, especially those like in LTA need to have your sinkified mind checked.

No difference to me as I can't afford a car. Just to clarify on technical discrepancies so that we whack correctly if we want to use technical ground.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ssh, stop giving them ideas, they may require a dynamometer test every year after they read this.
This is really dumb.

All that is needed is to reduce the power by programming the ECU before export and then just plug in a laptop and re program before delivery to the customer.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am not joking. Below is an extract from the first post on the comments made by the German side:

"He said it will delay the arrival of new cars and add to costs. Each dynamometer test is expected to cost between $500 and $1,000, and 30 to 40 cars are expected to be tested each year."

He commented that 30 to 40 cars are expected to be tested each year. It implies that LTA is expecting them to conduct sample testing - not every car.

It is the added cost and time that they are upset as the testing requires stripping of a few sample cars from each batch (if my assumption is right)

Incidentally I can't afford a car.

I can tell u right now, it will cost more than $500 to $1000 to remove the engine of a German car, and reinstall it. Try $10,000.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another MONEY MAKING IDEA from the MIW, they give you PIONEER packages etc...they take back more than hey giver...SINgporeans (60%) are you listening??

LTA employ all the dumb ass to be their CEO, even European manufacturer they
also don't believe but they believe in PRC shit!!

No wonder most of our PM and DPM got screw by China in their investment
now TCH is the next one going to be screwed big time by PRC Chinamen!!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly suspect LTA chief bet against Deustchland due to advice given by that social service announcement recently. Now is payback time.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can tell u right now, it will cost more than $500 to $1000 to remove the engine of a German car, and reinstall it. Try $10,000.
The $500 to $1000 probably refer only to the testing fee paid to the lab. I believe they will be smart enough to send a brand new engine straight from the factory to the lab for testing before assembling it. Therefore, there is no need to waste time and money to remove the engine from an assembled car. After all, each engine has an engine number and can be easily identified.

Just met a friend who has a car. He told me that a major overhaul of the engine which would involve removal of engine block, opening up engine block to rebore the cylinders, replacement of pistons... and reassembling the engine, would cost about $2000 plus. So I guess it would cost less than $2000 to remove and put back a car engine.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess no one on this thread knows anything about cars. Lets just say that one of the cars that I own is a brand that is a favourite of tuners. The Germans are right, and MOT, MTI, LTA, etc all of them know nuts about cars. When the Germans sell you a car, the engine power quoted on their brochure is that of the engine itself. The dyno does not measure this, it measures the power at the wheels. The power at the wheels will always be less than the power at the engine. Engine power is lost going to the drive train on the way to the wheels. By the time it gets to the wheels, the loss can be up to 15% for manual transmission cars and 20% for automatic transmission. Therefore, when the LTA measures a German car's "engine" power using a dyno, it is actually measuring the wheel power. This number will always be less. That is why the Germans don't understand why LTA is doing this, other than as a money grab.

For example, a BMW 3 series with a 1,600cc engine will produce 100kW measured at the engine. But when LTA puts the dyno on it, it could be only 80kW at the wheels. So, in this case, LTA thinks that the Germans are cheating because the engine they think will produce more than 97kW, they will be in for a shock when they see that it only produces as little as 80kW. Furthermore, all specs of the car used in the brochures cannot be lies, or they open themselves up for lawsuits, and even worse, damage their reputation. If BMW sells cars with stated output of 100kW at the engine, and it turns out that it was only 85kW at the engine, their reputation lost is not worth the lies.

Its unbelievable that some govt agency collects billions in COE, road tax, etc. and yet knows nothing about cars.
papsmearer said:
hahaha...the empty vessel whines again....he is literally talking thru his arse ...
first LTA requires the car manufactirers to do the dyno tests before sending to singapore and not for the cars to arrive in singapore and then remove the engines to test them....
second the dyno test is test the engine outpower power....excluding losses due to auxiliary loads and transmission losses.......
the empty vessel is really clown as shown again by his lack of basic knowledge and understanding.....

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, there's a major difference between engine dynamometer testing and chassis dynamometer testing.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u are joking right? In order to run the Brake horsepower test, u have to remove the engine from the car, as shown in your video. The engine cannot be attached to any aircon belts, or transmission, etc. as they drain the power. Hence its completely removed.

seee3 is correct. that's why germans buay song. have to pick samples from finished lot destined for sg and remove engines to do the test. very disruptive to finished lot shipping on time. moreover, samples after reassembly will most likely become hard-to-sell or heavily discounted. what next with all these shenanigans and nitpicking drama post-fta? car seats must provide massage and physiotherapy as more sinkies are stuck in their cars? :p

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
german car manufacturer are famous for giving overzealous figures for economy, power output and speed of their products. Audi being the worse. Their figures can be up to 30% off the mark for economy and power output.

I doubt so or people in Topgear will be bashing them

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA employ all the dumb ass to be their CEO, even European manufacturer they
also don't believe but they believe in PRC shit!!

No wonder most of our PM and DPM got screw by China in their investment
now TCH is the next one going to be screwed big time by PRC Chinamen!!

Vile pappies willingly go to china to be screwed...because they want to por lampar china.
It's machiam offering sacrifice.....kowtow and offer tribute.....protection fees if you like