• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Uncle Chua: Assumptoin of CPF - That SGs Have Not Be Replaced by FAP-Sponsored FTrash

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]CPF IS NOT THE ONLY WAY IN RETIREMENT PLANS[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
28 Jul 2014 - 4:06pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

For those who have been following the public discussion on the CPF schemes and how it should be tweaked into a better system must be very assured of how good the improved version 1.01 would be, or must be. The experts have them all worked out. The new system would be carefully structured and calibrated to apportion the CPF savings for retirement, for medical, for emergencies, for sudden short of funds, and for the savers to retire comfortably with no worries.

I would not hazard to guess how much one would need to put into the CPF to have peace of mind and no financial worries in the golden years. And it would likely have to prepare the people to save enough to live till 100 years.

All this sounds so good. The main assumption is that the people can afford to save all the money they need to save. Question, what about those who cannot afford to save? What about those who don’t even have enough to meet their daily needs?

There is also this tussle between saving enough to retire and live comfortably or a scheme that treat the CPF as one of many other provisions for old age, and that a compulsory scheme should only dictate one to provide for the minimum or basic needs. Even the Medishield Life which I thought was on the right track in providing for the basic coverage, there are people, rich people, who wanted the Medishield Life to provide for B1. If this is an upgrade for those who are able to pay for more, it is fair. If this is used by the rich for their rich nees, and used as the premise for computing the premiums for all, then the not so rich would end up sharing the cost of the rich.

I still think that such compulsory schemes should be designed to cater for the lowest denominator, the basics while the extras should be an options for those who demands for them and able to pay for them. Do not make the poor pay for the fancies of the rich in a public compulsory scheme. And the CPF must not be thinking of becoming the only means of savings and thus must be loaded up for a comfy retirement for the rich. People have many other ways to provide for their retirement and CPF is not the only way. Do not impose a savings schemes on the people that cannot afford to have one. And do not make the CPF the mother of all savings schemes to provide for everything under the sky. Not many can afford such a comprehensive and rich scheme, or need such a scheme. Many would rely on family support for their golden years and even regard the CPF as superfluous.
There are many roads leading to Rome.

Chua Chin Leng AKA RedBean
*The writer blogs at http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Uncle Chua: Assumptoin of CPF - That SGs Have Not Be Replaced by FAP-Sponsored FT

<form class="closeButtonAfterLogin" id="u_0_d" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiCloseButton" for="u_0_7"><input title="Report" id="u_0_7" aria-label="Report" type="submit" value="Submit Query"></label></form>Mong Sar Hiak · Top Commenter · Singapore<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star">I don't think any amount of detailed Writings, on this & all other of their Idiosyncratic Policies, will get through to this administration. The only window of time that they can Hear us clearly, is during the Elections. We should hence do well to save it all up, till that time. Language don't work here. It's the Ballot Countings.
Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_e" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · 1 · <a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftherealsingapore.com%2Fcontent%2Fcpf-not-only-way-retirement-plans%3Ffb_comment_id%3Dfbc_727974600608468_727982020607726_727982020607726&h=7AQE06zbK&s=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><abbr title="Monday, July 28, 2014 at 1:31am" class="timestamp" data-utime="1406536270">37 minutes ago</abbr>

</i>
<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star"><i class="img sp_comments sx_comments_like">
  • <form class="closeButtonAfterLogin" id="u_0_f" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiCloseButton" for="u_0_a"><input title="Report" id="u_0_a" aria-label="Report" type="submit" value="Submit Query"></label></form>Ken Yap · Top Commenter · SingaporeWhile I do agree that our words and suggestions will probably fall on the deaf ears of the PAP, it is, however, important for us to keep driving these important messages home to the moronic 60.1% who voted for them in the first place.

If we allow the heat to subside, things will go back to the norm and those who are sitting on the fence could be swayed by the PAP's sweet talking and pre-election gifts.

So please continue to drive these messages through to those who are thick in the skull. Thanks.
    Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_g" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · <abbr title="Monday, July 28, 2014 at 2:07am" class="timestamp" data-utime="1406538446">about a minute ago</abbr>

</i>

</i>

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Uncle Chua: Assumptoin of CPF - That SGs Have Not Be Replaced by FAP-Sponsored FT

<form class="closeButtonAfterLogin" id="u_0_d" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiCloseButton" for="u_0_7"><input title="Report" id="u_0_7" aria-label="Report" type="submit" value="Submit Query"></label></form>Mong Sar Hiak · Top Commenter · Singapore<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star">I don't think any amount of detailed Writings, on this & all other of their Idiosyncratic Policies, will get through to this administration. The only window of time that they can Hear us clearly, is during the Elections. We should hence do well to save it all up, till that time. Language don't work here. It's the Ballot Countings.
Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_e" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · 1 · <a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftherealsingapore.com%2Fcontent%2Fcpf-not-only-way-retirement-plans%3Ffb_comment_id%3Dfbc_727974600608468_727982020607726_727982020607726&h=7AQE06zbK&s=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><abbr title="Monday, July 28, 2014 at 1:31am" class="timestamp" data-utime="1406536270">37 minutes ago</abbr>

</i>
<i class="star img sp_comments sx_comments_star"><i class="img sp_comments sx_comments_like">
  • <form class="closeButtonAfterLogin" id="u_0_f" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiCloseButton" for="u_0_a"><input title="Report" id="u_0_a" aria-label="Report" type="submit" value="Submit Query"></label></form>Ken Yap · Top Commenter · SingaporeWhile I do agree that our words and suggestions will probably fall on the deaf ears of the PAP, it is, however, important for us to keep driving these important messages home to the moronic 60.1% who voted for them in the first place.

If we allow the heat to subside, things will go back to the norm and those who are sitting on the fence could be swayed by the PAP's sweet talking and pre-election gifts.

So please continue to drive these messages through to those who are thick in the skull. Thanks.
    Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_g" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpB4KCT" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · <abbr title="Monday, July 28, 2014 at 2:07am" class="timestamp" data-utime="1406538446">about a minute ago</abbr>

</i>

</i>

Fucking stupid babbling!

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

PAP is finished.
The stinking glue and terror that hold PAP together is that old fart smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY. LKY is about to die in days or weeks.
LKY will never allow good decent people into the PAP and good decent people will not want to get into the PAP. Those in PAP are the most corrupt and moral degenerates and moral bankrupts and moral filths that are being presented to stinkaporeans as moral compasses.
None of those in PAP work for anyone but that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY, to help him hold down Singaporeans to screw and fuck hundreds of BILLIONs from us all into smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY stinkapore sovereign funds.
They are there in PAP because LKY know that they are a bunch of self serving greedy bastards and scrapings of scums of society. To call them maggots cockroaches will be to insult real maggots and real cockroaches.