• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When a "First World" Immigration Checkpoint takes your particulars manually

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Officers were taking my particulars manually'

20140726_TrafficJam_ST.jpg
A traffic jam along the Woodlands Causeway at about 6pm on 22 January 2014 near the Woodlands Checkpoint.

As a regular visitor to Johor Baru (JB), Mr Mohamamad Sahlan Mohamad Basirun is used to traffic build-ups during peak hours at the Woodlands Checkpoint.

But yesterday was different.

He makes morning trips across the Causeway because he can be "back in Singapore in 30 minutes even during peak hours".

But yesterday, he had to wait nearly an hour when he tried to make his way back from JB at 9.45am.

Said the technical officer, 40: "An officer, who was stationed outside the Woodlands Checkpoint, told drivers that the network system was down.

"When I finally got to the immigration checkpoint at 10.40am, the officer at the counter was taking my particulars manually."
An Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) spokesman told The New Paper that its system had "experienced intermittent slowdown between 10am and 10.45am".

"As the slowdown coincided with the peak period, there was crowd build-up at the Woodlands Checkpoint. More resources were immediately deployed at the Woodlands Checkpoint," she added.

Advisory Issued
ICA had issued a travel advisory on July 17 informing motorists that traffic through the land checkpoints would be heavy because of the upcoming Hari Raya Puasa holiday, which falls on Monday.

Motorists were advised to check on the traffic situation at both checkpoints before leaving home.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Travellers leaving Singapore by Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint will be able to know in advance the traffic situation from the Land Transport Authority's Expressway Monitoring & Advisory System.

Another driver, Mr Selvaraja Ramasamy, 45, told TNP that yesterday's jam started after he cleared the Malaysian Customs.

Said the logistics officer: "When I reached the Causeway from JB at 9.30am, the traffic was crawling. At one point, it completely stopped for nearly an hour.
"I reached the Singapore immigration checkpoint only at 11am but by then, I could see that the systems there were operational."

Previously, the Causeway had been plagued by traffic congestion.

But those instances came after the authorities beefed up security following cases of non-Singaporeans trying to enter the country without immigration clearance.

(The system) experienced intermittent slowdown between 10am and 10.45am. As the slowdown coincided with the peak period, there was crowd build-up at the Woodlands Checkpoint.

- ICA spokesman

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Mustaffa turns customers away when the shopping centre reaches the maximum capacity.

How about Spore:confused: Is there a maximum limit in place:confused:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Mustaffa turns customers away when the shopping centre reaches the maximum capacity.

How about Spore:confused: Is there a maximum limit in place:confused:

That's what happen to Little India..

First they forgot to keep count and keep on giving out liquor licenses .

Then they forgot to keep count how many Ah nehs can be squeeze into one Km square...

In such a situation all u need is a trigger and all hell will break loose.