• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng: LTK has lost his arms and legs politically

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
One thing TNP got it right, this is the FIRST time WP cadres have OPENLY put their name to their interviews with reporters. Never mind about the story but this breaking of the unwritten rule is significant in itself. This is unlike the previous incident whereby anonymous email being sent where the identity cannot be identified nor verified. The very few words spoken are significant as it also demonstrated the level of ANGER they have.

SPH cannot "make up stories" with NAMES printed if they did not agree to be named in the print.

You have to be very careful of what you are saying here you know. Attacking PLG as "moron" and "a charlatan" after he was sacked reflects the very fact that LTK and SL were actually willing to field such person as candidate in the past THREE GEs? You are actually saying that LTK and SL are so irresponsible to do such thing?

For a party that goes with a slogan "First World Parliament", it is willing to field "moron" and "charlatan"? Please think thrice before you utter such words.

In my view, PLG is anytime better than PEH, in terms of articulation, public exposures and profile etc. The truth is, prior to 2006, when we walked in Hougang, we could only hear people uttering two names, Ah Lau and Ah Poh. Who is Png? He was basically a totally UNKNOWN entity in Hougang until he was fielded as candidate for the by-elections.

Unless they were fielding some extremely bright people, there is really no justification whatsoever to give PLG a pass while putting PEH up as candidate. There is absolutely no value add in doing so, apart from being a loyalist.

Goh Meng Seng

Is it me, or is the whole WP cadre membership out of their fucking minds? issues with LTK's management style? This CEC member arrogant, the other high and mighty? Old guard members feeling left out and side tracked? Who gives a fuck about all this? Its like a girl's school drama.

The only question that all the WP members must be asking is why is your elected leadership consistently voting with the PAP on all the issues and bills before them........save one. what kind of an oppo party votes with the incumbent party and sides with them on 95% of the issues? Do you see the Republican senators and congressmen voting with the Democrats in the US Congress? Hell no. JB fought the PAP tooth and nail on every point. These WP are like PAP "B" team. How many people here know that the WP voted for the new Medishield bill, and in fact praised it, while as you can see from the threads here that it is full of pitfalls and is marginal in providing the supposed benefits the PAP says it will.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want to know the Truth? I don't think you can handle the Truth.

Can you handle the Truth? The truth is you chicken out.

MK had been your ex-party playing field prior to GE2011 and you have done alot of ground work over there. Yet, when WP sent in their kucing kurap "Suicide Squad", you caput. What kind of message are you sending to LTK, PAP, voters, rest of Singapore and most importantly your very own party members?

A party president and all their top scholars in their A-team does not even dare to take up a challenge from a WP Mickey Mouse D-team. You have every reason to stand your ground in MK and fight. Since you are going to lose in CCK and every other contested constituency, might as well lose in MK also. In fact, MK was very critical for your party survival. You can chicken out of every other constituency, but not MK. If you had stood your ground, your party would not end up in such sorry state now.

You should put all your top candidates into MK, including yourself. It is a fight for your survival. PAP cannot destroy you, but WP can exterminate you. Both NSP and PAP depend on different type of customer segment, but NSP and WP share the same type of customer segment. Both WP and NSP are attracting the same kind of members, supporters, donors and candidates for their growth, it's a zero sum game. By chickening out of your home ground in MK, what kind of message are you sending to your current and potential members, supporters, donors and candidates? Why would any NSP members bother to walkabout in Tampines and MP, knowing that the party leaders will chicken out when WP come again? Why would anyone bother to donate to NSP when they have a winner WP? Why would any candidate want to join NSP when WP has a bigger chance of securing them a seat.

Your desertion from MK is demoralising and disgusting not only to the betrayed NSP supporters but other non-WP opposition supporters.

If you had stood your ground in MK and put in a strong team there, you could have beaten WP. You have worked the ground there, contested there a few times, the moral highground to stand in there,....and most importantly WP had sent in their "Suicide Squad" for you to easily butcher. Yet you and all your top scholars prefer to chicken out.

Sure, you will lose to PAP in MK in a 3-cornered fight, but if you could beat WP you could have secured your survival. You would continue to keep your customers from WP. LTK would not dare to invade Tampines or MP in 2016. He would not dare to openly declare to "walking his own path". Your cowardly behaviour in MK has emboldened and stengthened WP and vindicated LTK's wise decision to kick you out of WP.

MK move by LTK ws not borned out of vengenece or fear but a grand strategy to wipe out other opposition parties so that WP can continue to grow and expand. This is what Lim Kit Siang did to other opposititon parties (except PAS which share different customer segments) in Malaysia back in 1970s.

林吉祥一夫当关
http://seekiancheah.blogspot.sg/2011/02/blog-post_9347.html

"另一方面,1974年有一个十分重要的政治发展方向就是在林吉祥领导下的行动党,不再搞反对党合作;尤其是华基政党之间的合作(1969年大选,民政党、行动党与人民党在竞选中达成君子协议,单挑联盟)。例如行动党正式拒绝与卡森阿末领导的人民党及陈志勤领导的社会正义党协商议席的分配,而是全面开打。结果是只有行动党在反对党阵营内生存下来,人民党与社正党则逐渐被边缘化。同等重要的是,行动党也给予加入国阵的人民进步党当头一棒,从此再也爬不起来。

正因为林吉祥坚持反对党不能“百花齐放”,所以在1978年大选时,他以同样的战略制服三个反对党,即人民党、社正党和由行动党分裂而组成的社民党。这一届,行动党夺得16个国席和25个州席,比1974年大有进步。林吉祥的声望再被提升,有人因此形容林吉祥已是行动党的代名词,更有人将两者混为一谈,也就变成林吉祥等于行动党;行动党等于林吉祥。"

Thanks to you, non-WP opposition supporters, esp liberal-minded supporters, have been marginalised. Can you handle this Truth?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Alas... don't know who is the coward one! So afraid of contesting in Goh Chok Tong's Marine Parade even though it was just next to East Coast and Aljunied but went to M-K to bully NSP! Haha...

But just too bad, I am not those stupid idiot you think you are. I will preserve my strength to fight another day. Only people who are idiotically too full of themselves will want to look for a fight every where, wasting precious resources any how. Give you also you cannot do much with it. :wink:

The main difference is, WP's MK team is SUICIDE SQUAD while NSP's team is NOT. So why should NSP play along with the Suicide Squad? Illogical. Nobody in his right mind will want to die together with such people.

Well, that's why up till now, some people n WP still hated me like hell. But so be it. The negativity belongs to them, not me.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alas... don't know who is the coward one! So afraid of contesting in Goh Chok Tong's Marine Parade even though it was just next to East Coast and Aljunied but went to M-K to bully NSP! Haha...

But just too bad, I am not those stupid idiot you think you are. I will preserve my strength to fight another day. Only people who are idiotically too full of themselves will want to look for a fight every where, wasting precious resources any how. Give you also you cannot do much with it. :wink:

The main difference is, WP's MK team is SUICIDE SQUAD while NSP's team is NOT. So why should NSP play along with the Suicide Squad? Illogical. Nobody in his right mind will want to die together with such people.

Am I missing something or you haven't woken up from the drugs you took.

I am trying to get your logic here. You call WP's MK team a "suicide squad" and at the same time you call them cowards. Explain how is a "suicide squad" coherent with a timid group.

Well, that's why up till now, some people n WP still hated me like hell. But so be it. The negativity belongs to them, not me.

You must be kidding. I am sure even your close buddies can see that the anger and negativity goes one way.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only question that all the WP members must be asking is why is your elected leadership consistently voting with the PAP on all the issues and bills before them........save one. what kind of an oppo party votes with the incumbent party and sides with them on 95% of the issues?

Why don't you try to stop paying taxes to a PAP government and see if it works. Before we talk about bills that run our daily operational lives versus bills that restrict the freedom of the people.

Do you see the Republican senators and congressmen voting with the Democrats in the US Congress? Hell no.

If what you say is true, how did so many bills get passed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bills_in_the_113th_United_States_Congress

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Oh. So you the PAP "B" team chickened out huh... so how much you got for doing just that?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
When LTK wins more seats in parliament, GMS will say he LTK has lost his head and stomach politically. When WP becomes the govt, GMS will say LTK has lost his body politically. When GMS is kicked out of SG for spewing nonsense, he will say LTK has lost his blood politically. GMS will spew and spew stuff as the other side wins and he is a nobody.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When LTK wins more seats in parliament, GMS will say he LTK has lost his head and stomach politically. When WP becomes the govt, GMS will say LTK has lost his body politically. When GMS is kicked out of SG for spewing nonsense, he will say LTK has lost his blood politically. GMS will spew and spew stuff as the other side wins and he is a nobody.

That's why he is BG Goh Meng Seng of the PAP IB.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait a minute. I was under the impression that LTK lost both arms, 1 leg, half his heart and part of his brain when GMS left, not the CEC, but the party. My God, LTK could have been PM now if only he'd listened to GMS.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
with our own public profile.

Goh Meng Seng

No both of you are merely being talkative. Two wet market aunties bitching about their gossips. Other people are walking the ground quietly and preparing themselves to be fielded. No use having a so-called public profile if you can't get elected.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait a minute. I was under the impression that LTK lost both arms, 1 leg, half his heart and part of his brain when GMS left, not the CEC, but the party. My God, LTK could have been PM now if only he'd listened to GMS.

With such "an astute" mind, GMS can advise ASEAN, World Bank, IMF, UN.

ZaoBao

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tan Kin Lian listened to that astute political analyst Goh Meng Seng. Lost face lost deposit lost dignity in the PE.