• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman's Stock deteriorating

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
......It's like the 6.9m, nobody believe they will stop at 6.9m......

More than 40 years ago, how many Sinkies were university grads with bachelor or master's degrees?

Nowadays more and more Sinkies have at least a master's degree. They have good analytical skills and can think through issues.

For example they don't believe the government will stop population growth when the total population hits 6.9 million inhabitants. Why? Just look at LTA's roadmap for 2030. It's planning to have more than 320 km of rail line. C'mon why would a city-state (from North to South about 27 km, from East to West about 47 km) aim for more than 320 km of rail line? It's not cheap to build and maintain such massive infrastructure.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wannabuy piano strings. Does escher do m.o.?

Mailing cost will be high as I live in nearby galaxy.
So better you get that yourself.

Or get old car or bicycle tyre which will be a nice garland for PAP when doused with petrol and set on fire

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A number of fashionable terms have been used in the past and the latest that bloggers and local intelligentsia like to use is "the social compact". Its basically trust that forummer Enterprise refers to . They have become shady, unable to give a straight answer and as elusive as the 2nd hand car dealer.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A number of fashionable terms have been used in the past and the latest that bloggers and local intelligentsia like to use is "the social compact". Its basically trust that forummer Enterprise refers to . They have become shady, unable to give a straight answer and as elusive as the 2nd hand car dealer.

They are even shadier than the "koyot seller" of the past, with the , Sound, music & drama"....

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
leehsienloongpointingfingers_zpsefb36004.jpg

Tartman, like all my minitoots, is just my eunuch.
Nobody knows our Familee's books better than ourselves.
You Stinkees donch be so kay poh and just be contented with you bowl of coolie rice or I will feed you to my FT pets.
Do you Stinkees get it? *chey*

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not? Easy money from the cheap fund.

People do not really understand this, the PAP government have access to an extremely cheap unlimited funds ( CPF) in which no other government on this earth can have, without any restrictions, protest. They can, enact laws, rules & conditions to prevent us from touching our hard earned, blood , sweat & tears money & this cannot go on for another 50 years....one day, the people, will wake up to find out...the money is gone..can you be so trusting & so charitable??

:mad:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
People do not really understand this, the PAP government have access to an extremely cheap unlimited funds ( CPF) in which no other government on this earth can have, without any restrictions, protest. They can, enact laws, rules & conditions to prevent us from touching our hard earned, blood , sweat & tears money & this cannot go on for another 50 years....one day, the people, will wake up to find out...the money is gone..can you be so trusting & so charitable??

:mad:

Without being able to see the actual state of the "account", how are you to be sure that there really is anything significant left to be checked when we are able to ?? Bernie Maddof used to be as trusted too until the ball dropped.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman's stock had dropped ever since he said this:

[video=youtube;4X61EJk3oaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X61EJk3oaM[/video]

Anything coming out of his mouth after that can be safely disregarded.

No one gets a second attempt at insulting our intelligence.

For for me, he became a piece of talking shit when he said that the rising costs of COEs should not be a matter of concern for those who do not intend to buy a vehicle, especially for lorries and cars.

He was the finance minister when he said that. What a big piece of shiny shit.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is no one trust the gahment anymore!

Dr Cahterine Lim said so but PAPigs are incensed.............. hard truth man!!
Now PAPigs using Melayu minister (&mozzie) colleagues to wish all mozzie Selamant Aldifiltri...!! A departure from past practice.
Dun tell me the melayu oso pissed with PAPigs with full loss of trust? Allahu Akbar

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just because one holds the appointment, does not automatically mean one deserves the appointment.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Imelda Marcos plundered from the state compared to Whore Jinx, Imelda's loot was peanut.

Simple arithmetic...... $12m to $18m per annum as from 2004 was plundered legally by the Whore with her husband's connivance.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What Imelda Marcos plundered from the state compared to Whore Jinx, Imelda's loot was peanut.

Simple arithmetic...... $12m to $18m per annum as from 2004 was plundered legally by the Whore with her husband's connivance.

Do not fucking joke!

The LEE/KWAs got BILLIONS all stolen from us.
You must count by the fucking BILLIONs not kuchingkurad millions

PIANO WIRES FOR THAT ENTIRE FAMILIES FOR THOSE NOT HOOTED IN THE BIG HOOTING ONCE SMEAR OF SHIT ON SOLE OF SHOE LKY BECOME A ROTTING CORPSE

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
leehsienloongpointingfingers_zpsefb36004.jpg

Tartman, like all my minitoots, is just my eunuch.
Nobody knows our Familee's books better than ourselves.
You Stinkees donch be so kay poh and just be contented with you bowl of coolie rice or I will feed you to my FT pets.
Do you Stinkees get it? *chey*

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
The big problem is there seems to be no limits to where the MIWs r prepared to go. 6.9m, maybe next time 7.5 m and so. CPF min sum $155k now, maybe $170k or $200k.... Withdrawal age 55, 62, maybe 70, 80.... the list goes on and on....All the reassurances r now bullshit to a lot of people...

There's no MAYBE about it. It's written in stone. Chop, confirm, sealed.

In 2006, I realised the inflation rate used by the CPF was close to 6% per annum since the Minimum Sum scheme was introduced in 2003. I used that rate to forecast the amount I would be dealing with at the year I turn 55 and I didn't like what I saw (if things continue to go on the same way). Sadly, a decade of data reaffirms that the Minimum Sum has been increasing around 6.3% year-on-year, worse in the 6% rate I used to project in fact. I would update my calculations today:

6a0e1780-d66b-11e3-b6ad-29d1c87c1638_630yahoo_cpfincreasetable.jpg

If you are 50 years old today, your Minimum Sum by your 55th birthday is likely to be $207,000
If you are 40 years old today, your Minimum Sum by your 55th birthday is likely to be $371,000
If you are 30 years old today, your Minimum Sum by your 55th birthday is likely to be $665,000
If you are 20 years old today, your Minimum Sum by your 55th birthday is likely to be $1,119,000

http://asingaporeanson.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/the-cpf-scheme-that-led-me-thinking.html

Attachments

• 6a0e1780-d66b-11e3-b6ad-29d1c87c1638_630yahoo_cpfincreasetable.jpg
    6a0e1780-d66b-11e3-b6ad-29d1c87c1638_630yahoo_cpfincreasetable.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 143

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no cheap way out of this situation. A study with good sample size which I am aware of suggests that Singaporeans are looking for 6% to 8% returns on their CPF savings. Any rate of return below that and they feel that the PAP jiak them. The modest 0.5% increase which they are thinking of is therefore completely inadequate to resolve the situation. They are going to have to do something a lot more dramatic or this will haunt them in GE 2016 like the way high HDB prices haunted them during GE2011.

Also heard it is going to be GE2016. Almost zero chance for a GE2015 - a great a deal of fear and a complete collapse of confidence in facing the Singapore electorate.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
"
Also heard it is going to be GE2016. Almost zero chance for a GE2015 - a great a deal of fear and a complete collapse of confidence in facing the Singapore electorate. "

Quite a dilemma for them. The longer they wait the more votes they lose. It is getting pretty irrational now. When I got a traffic ticket with a hefty fine I wondered how many people like me had a knee jerk reaction like "dammit, wish the GE was tomorrow".