• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Evil white skunks changed CPF withdrawal rule quietly. No birthday money

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Withdrawal-of-cash-balances-at-55-640x365.png

We would like to thank Sgcynic for his message alerting us to something in the CPF web site which we have never seen before.
No cash withdrawal unless both CPF and Medisave Minimum Sums are met?

“On or after 1 Jan 2013
Cash balances can only be withdrawn after setting aside both the CPF Minimum Sum and Medisave Minimum Sum”

Minimum Sum has effectively been raised to $198,500?

- This effectively raises the Minimum Sum to $198,500 (Minimum Sum $155,000 plus Medisave Minimum Sum $43,500), instead of what most people know – just the CPF Minimum Sum of $155,000 currently.

Was policy change announced?
In the past, only those who were able to meet the CPF Minimum Sum in full at age 55, were required to also meet the Medisave Required Amount. When was this change announced to the public or in the media, although we know now that it has been effective since 1 January 2013?

All the statistics given need to be revised?
So, does it mean that all the replies in Parliament recently, as well as the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) CPF Forum on 22 July, may need to be revised, as we understand that all the statistics given for those able to meet the Minimum Sum, do not include the Medisave Minimum Sum of $43,500?

Only 1 in 10 met Minimum Sums?
Based on this new information, we now estimate that only about 1 in 10 Singaporeans who reached 55 last year were able to meet the combined Minimum Sums of $198,500 in cash, without pledging property.

Withdrawals after 55 must top-up Minimum Sums’ shortfall first?
“Q: What is the amount that I can withdraw from my CPF account at my next withdrawal if I have made a withdrawal at 55?

A: For your next withdrawal, you can withdraw your cash balances in your Special Account and/or Ordinary Account, as well as any balance above the Medisave Minimum Sum (MMS) prevailing at the time of withdrawal in your Medisave Account (MA).

When you withdraw, you will need to set aside the CPF Minimum Sum (MS) in your Retirement Account.
However, if you have a MS shortfall, all or part of your new contributions, voluntary contributions, government top-ups and other refunds received after 55 will be used to reduce the shortfall upon your withdrawals.

Increasing MMS must also be topped-up?
If you have met the CPF MS requirement and do not have the MMS, you need to top up your MA with all or part of the balances from your Special Account and Ordinary Account to meet the MMS prevailing at the time of withdrawal.”

Increasing MMS apply no matter when you turned 55?
- “Medisave Minimum Sum (MMS) prevailing” means that no matter when you had reached 55, as the MMS increases every year, it will also apply to you. In other words, the Minimum Sums has become effectively, an ever increasing sum, and not fixed at age 55 like in the past.

Govt top-ups, workfare also eaten up?
Also, any funds that go into your CPF accounts after 55, even those from Government top-ups, Workfare, etc – will have to meet any Minimum Sum shortfall as well as the increasing prevailing MMS.

Maybe no more withdrawals for your future birthdays?
Bottom line – you may not be able to withdraw anything on each of your birthdays as you grow older, like in the past, because of this policy change.
Was this change announced to the public or in the media?

You know or don’t know?
We bet many of you didn’t know about the above – right?

S Y Lee and Leong Sze Hi

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before they change the rule, you can withdraw on your birthday whatever money contributed to the ordinary account if you are still working after 55. This is even stopped by the white skunks now if do not meet the MS and MMS.

Pizza

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok now I'm confused, what it says here is even WE don't meet our minimum sum, we can still withdraw SGD 5K from our OA and SA when WE turn 55.

So got money to take or not? :*:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok now I'm confused, what it says here is even WE don't meet our minimum sum, we can still withdraw SGD 5K from our OA and SA when WE turn 55.

Bro Pizza,

I withdrew some peanuts when I turned 55 after my CPF RA met the minimum sum a few years ago. :smile:

When I turned 56 and more, I went to CPF Board to do my "annual" withdrawal. Annual because you can only withdraw ONCE A YEAR. :eek:

Each time, I went, I walked away empty handed. This is my true experience. :( :mad:

You trust propaganda? Good Luck. :rolleyes: :wink:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It means that if you do not meet the MS(OA and SA combined), you can only withdraw 5k only when you reach 55 years of age. Let's say you have 100k in your account, 95K will become your retirement account. 10 years later, CPFB will pay you monthly installment of few hundred dollars.

Pizza

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means that if you do not meet the MS(OA and SA combined), you can only withdraw 5k only when you reach 55 years of age. Let's say you have 100k in your account, 95K will become your retirement account. 10 years later, CPFB will pay you monthly installment of few hundred dollars.

ok ok so I'm right about the 5k thing, but then hor, 10~20 years down the road, the goal post is shifted again, ended up WE got to top up 5K instead.:biggrin::*:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok ok so I'm right about the 5k thing, but then hor, 10~20 years down the road, the goal post is shifted again, ended up WE got to top up 5K instead.:biggrin::*:

Correct. Any future CPF contributions will go into retirement account until MS is met.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasick and GIC are in the best position, they gamble
like no tmr, win they take the profits if lose, hubby, father in law
and uncle can tweak the law to get more funds from Sinkies CPF.
Sinkies are the biggest suckers, we save for em to gamble.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Temasick and GIC are in the best position, they gamble
like no tmr, win they take the profits if lose, hubby, father in law
and uncle can tweak the law to get more funds from Sinkies CPF.
Sinkies are the biggest suckers, we save for em to gamble.

Stinkies got what they voted for.
Stinkies to remain head down down and arseholes up high high to be fuck to be tiew to be kan by MIWs and FTs

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<header style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 15px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(136, 136, 136); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 22px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Did Temasek Holdings Use Singaporeans’ CPF To Invest?

</header>Did Temasek Holdings use Singaporeans’ CPF to invest? You can read about this here.

淡马锡控股有用新加坡人的公积金去进行投资吗?你可以在这里阅读关于这件事情