• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COEs for Singaporeans first

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the sgh open carparks are designed in the early 70s. At that time, cars are not too many and overcrowding.
today,they failed to expect there is a sharp outburst of owning cars and more sickly Singaporeans
now it is too late to build a giant multi storey cp at sgh because doing so will have to temporary close down the current open carpark for at least 2 years.

That is assuming IF there is any planning being done. I think you give the PAP too much credit for planning. The fact is that the norm today is to see patent in corridors because there are not enough beds, long waiting times at polyclinics, dental care,...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This portion is taken care by the big car COE, for cars above 1600 cc. However, to focus on REDUCING road congestion, my suggestion is to disallow two-seater cars (eg. most Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc). They occupy the same road space as any other car, and are designed to carry less passengers. For the rich blokes who wish to buy expensive cars, they still have other models to purchase, so they are not denied the right to purchase and own a personal piece of transportation. This will also reduce the freeplay for the rich to treat Peesai as a playground and drive recklessly on public roads. I wonder if Singaporeans wish to push this proposal?

Cheers!

For the gahmen to earn even more $$$,,,,,it should bring back the luxury car category for the elite super bestest cars etc,,,,this category is the only category open to foreigners and PRs,,,all other categories is for singkies only,,,gahmen will sure earn more,,,,,wonder why they dont implement ah"?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This portion is taken care by the big car COE, for cars above 1600 cc. However, to focus on REDUCING road congestion, my suggestion is to disallow two-seater cars (eg. most Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc). They occupy the same road space as any other car, and are designed to carry less passengers. For the rich blokes who wish to buy expensive cars, they still have other models to purchase, so they are not denied the right to purchase and own a personal piece of transportation. This will also reduce the freeplay for the rich to treat Peesai as a playground and drive recklessly on public roads. I wonder if Singaporeans wish to push this proposal?

Cheers!

How to pickup supermodels??

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can convert the current URA parking lot next to NCC into a multi-storey parking. I was also told there is an underground parking next to the heart centre, but I have not come across that.

Cheers!

the sgh open carparks are designed in the early 70s. At that time, cars are not too many and overcrowding.
today,they failed to expect there is a sharp outburst of owning cars and more sickly Singaporeans
now it is too late to build a giant multi storey cp at sgh because doing so will have to temporary close down the current open carpark for at least 2 years.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can convert the current URA parking lot next to NCC into a multi-storey parking. I was also told there is an underground parking next to the heart centre, but I have not come across that.

Cheers!

U r so right. How come no multi storey carpark at SGH?? Some elites sleeping on the job??

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think gentlemen in Peesai will willingly settle for offers available at Geylang. Sinagporeans very pragmatic, cheebye is cheebye, no need for supermodel. As long as meimei is skilful and make one "shiok" will do.

Cheers!

How to pickup supermodels??

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think gentlemen in Peesai will willingly settle for offers available at Geylang. Sinagporeans very pragmatic, cheebye is cheebye, no need for supermodel. As long as meimei is skilful and make one "shiok" will do.

Cheers!
Like that where got fun?? U need to deploy your wooing skills, your show off skills, your charm, your how lianess factor... That's where the fun is. At the end u can savor your reward!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

KKH and TTSH same problem. Can never find a lot in the basement carpark. Both reno not too long ago.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erm, read somewhere in the news some Ah Neh used ang mo name to sian charbor, and was quite successful. They didn't need to drive exotic supercar to get laid. Can always come up with some impressive story or claim your lj very big and strong.

Cheers!

Like that where got fun?? U need to deploy your wooing skills, your show off skills, your charm, your how lianess factor... That's where the fun is. At the end u can savor your reward!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these congestion can easily be solved if they had followed the dutch and built highways on top of the dykes that holds the sea water back from flooding the land.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Cheers!

As usual, the politics of envy rears its ugly head. :rolleyes:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP screwed up policies on Immigartion, congested MRT train any time of the day!!

COE LTA enjoy big chunk of money value of car $15k COE $70K day light robbery!!
LTA will never let up this big money they enjoyed, so they can pay their chief million
$$ salary and 6 months bonus to the staff.

PAP were blinded by Money again when they allow million of Foreign Trash flooded Stinkapoor!
Why? they collect Workers Levy from Employers worth million!!!
so they can pay MOM Minister Tan Chin Chai million $$ salary!!

The only we can stop these nonsense by the ruling party is to get them out this coming Erection!!

They just stayed toooo long and added on policies to make money from peasants regardless!!
Must change Party to Opposition for a change!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
COEs SHOULD BE CHARED AS A MULTIPLE OF THE COST OF THE CAR INSTEAD OF A FIXED VALUE.

THIS WOULD MAKE PPL THINK TWICE ABOUT BUYING A BIG CAR; AND ALSO PROMOTES LESS CONSUMPTION OF FUEL AND SPACE.

SO A COE OF LETS SAY 2.5 WOULD MEAN A PERSON WHO BUYS A SMALL HONDA JAZZ VS A FERRARI WOULD PAY A VERY DIFFERENT COE AMT

The vehicle tax structure is already structured in this manner. Next!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the gahmen to earn even more $$$,,,,,it should bring back the luxury car category for the elite super bestest cars etc,,,,this category is the only category open to foreigners and PRs,,,all other categories is for singkies only,,,gahmen will sure earn more,,,,,wonder why they dont implement ah"?

Errrr.... did you realise your proposal sounds like a joke?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meritocracy is what makes Singapore thrive. All these suggestions about limiting COE for Singaporeans only is laughable.. it sounds like those bumiputra policy. The right thing to do is to curb indiscriminate intake of foreigners.