• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS Deferred Schooling Last

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought he was training in US at that time. Think Singapore gave him everything he needed but he couldn't improve further and later all the guys that he beat overtook him. Sorry that's how I see it through my clear glasses!!

that's right. basically useless and waste of taxpayer money. see my earlier posts.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Peng Siong did very well. He was miles ahead of Schooling. He once was ranked world no. 1 for 50m freestyle.

Here is the issue and most Singaporeans have little clue. Schooling would not have been included in any National School Programme in any of the 1st world countries because he is short and his mum is short. At about age 14, these countries would ask you to undergo a series of test to determine your potential and whether the Govt can afford to spend tax payers money on these candidates.

In the first world countries, national sports bodies will ask size the kid as and a letter goes to their parents where their potential lies. Only a few kids get those letters. The parents are also called in to size their height and build as well. The next stage is that the kid must go for heart and lung capacity checks.

That's the reason why those in the know wondered how Schooling got deferment. This is similar to Patrick Tan case, where most Singaporeans have no idea what is going on.

These are matters of science. All the finalist for US trials are all above 1.90m. One of the shortest world competitor is from Japan who is 1.78m. Schooling is 1.7m.

No need to go on further.
I already revoked my support after you revealed his pappy links.
Fuck him and hope he drowns in the pool.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's right. basically useless and waste of taxpayer money. see my earlier posts.

Agree. It's time we admit it. We r fcuked up in sports. Don't blame our educational system, don't blame NS. If we gave Junie Sng, APS years off to train uninterrupted with the best coaches, they will still come up short. They can win the SEA games or maybe even the Odd Asian Games medal, but Olympics !? Forget it. Back to recruiting FT from China.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw his advert on tv. How come his accent is so ang moh? Is he from America or Singapore?

Sounds like he has thrown in his lot with the FT's, kick him out of Sinkapore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought he was training in US at that time. Think Singapore gave him everything he needed but he couldn't improve further and later all the guys that he beat overtook him. Sorry that's how I see it through my clear glasses!!

Peng Siong could not defer NS....at least not as long as Patrick Tan.
They learnt their lesson thus now allow schooling to defer.
Peng Siong also could not get the coach of his choice.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shit. Watched the girl gymnastics in the Olympics and my conclusion was that anyone among them who reaches 21 will feel like a grandmother!!!

Cheers!

Competitive swimming is a young man's game. Even swimmers in their mid twenties are considered 'past their peak'.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At last, starting to redeem himself. Maybe he reads this forum!

No lah!, they told him, he gets a medal, they will defer his National service for 12 years like Patrick & he can do "pool research' in place of N.S., that is why he won the silver, had it been GOLD; he would have been deferred past reservist & no IPPT too, no mobilisation , no routine reporting.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
o! ...

finally, he managed 2 find his rite trunks, hit a gud start n his cramps deserted him ...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pretty well done, so I have to take back my words about him being a choker at the highest levels of competition.Well done, credit is due.

i read all your posts under the moniker luvurbaht in this thread, and nope, you don't need to eat crow as you did not make any disparaging nor derogatory remarks nor comments about schooling being a "choker" at the "highest levels of competition". those comments were made by others, not with this moniker, unless you choked, made a mistake and got confused with your multi-moniker log-in. it's ok. you're forgiven. :biggrin:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would congratulate a true blue Singaporean lad who won a medal, irregardless of his connections or political affliation.

I spit on the PRC gold medals won on Singapore's behalf.

Luvurbaht

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i read all your posts under the moniker luvurbaht in this thread, and nope, you don't need to eat crow as you did not make any disparaging nor derogatory remarks nor comments about schooling being a "choker" at the "highest levels of competition". those comments were made by others, not with this moniker, unless you choked, made a mistake and got confused with your multi-moniker log-in. it's ok. you're forgiven. :biggrin:

I think I know what happened, I had typed that out but decided not to post it but thought that I had.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
ang moh is no doubt the bestest !

ang mohs have always dominate swimming in any game....and it will remain so forever.
j schooling's silver position is something for us to cheer and feel proud....
bcos few Asians have ever achieve this feat :biggrin: :biggrin:

same same like in ping pong, badminton...the ang mohs will never beat the asians :p

jw5

Loyal
Well said, absolutely agree, spot on. :p

"Khaw will not run."

LOL ..................... LOL :biggrin:

schooling wins historic commonwealth games medal, breaks sg national record....

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/schooling-wins-historic-commonwealth-games-swimming-medal

how cum scroobal always proven wrong in his count chickens before they hatch predictions? :p

at last, schooling has the last laugh.....antics, spoiled brat, drama queen, whatever, etc. included.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's a poor argument. I suppose our shooting gold medalist was lucky not to face a world champion. There are 8 places and Chad did not take up 6.

When he came last in the first race, he said he wore the wrong trunks. For this race he said he had a poor start. Mind you deferment is seldom given for sports. He was touted as a medal hope for this Games. We would have applauded him for at least a decent placing.

The Commonwealth is ranked below Asian where his arse would have been eaten alive by the likes of China,

His timings have also not improved. And you might not be aware that our star snubbed our local press in a drama queen episode.

Oh.. a sinkie loser making a statement during self-therapy to try to cure his sinkie inferior condition. Pls lah, you are a low life shit loser and need to suck Sam's dick to earn a place in the forum.

He is last but he can improve. When he get the Gold medal , are you going to suck his cock.

I see many of your kind who only suck up to people of status and power and try to rub some onto yourself. why? Because you are incapable of achieving such status and power yourself, you u need to such their dicks and HOPEFULLY to get some of it spill onto you.