• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTA ask buskers to perform at MRT stations to showcase their talents

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA starts 3-month pilot programme for busking at MRT stations

Look out for music from buskers at these five MRT stations: Eunos, Bukit Batok, Jurong East, Raffles Place and City Hall.
busker.jpg
Photo: Faris Mokhtar

SINGAPORE: Don't be surprised if you happen to see a busker playing at MRT platforms near you - it's part of a three-month pilot programme that started today, initiated by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) in partnership with the National Arts Council (NAC) and SMRT.

Over the next three months, buskers will be allowed to perform at five MRT stations - Eunos, Bukit Batok, Jurong East, Raffles Place and City Hall. LTA says the aim of the
programme is to add vibrancy to the stations, and provide an additional platform for budding performers to showcase their talents.

LTA says buskers will be allowed to perform every weekday from 7.30am to 11.30am at Eunos, Bukit Batok and Jurong East MRT stations. They can also perform from 5.30pm to 9.30pm at Raffles Place and City Hall MRT stations. During weekends and public holidays, they are permitted to perform from 10am to 9pm at all five trial stations.

Buskers selected for the trial scheme are endorsed under the NAC's Busking Scheme. They are issued a Letter of Endorsement, after successful audition conducted by the council. This Letter allows buskers to perform in public while being exempted from public entertainment licensing. Unauthorised buskers will be instructed to leave the railway premises.

Currently, five buskers are involved in this pilot programme.For now, their performances will only involve musical instruments without any sound amplification devices, so that volume levels will not be excessively high.

The move to implement this pilot programme came after a two-day trial in late May this year. LTA says its officers will be at the five selected stations to monitor public feedback.

Busker Daniel Beng believes it will take some time for people to get used to the idea, but he says the the initial reactions, in his experience, have been positive. “I believe there are people who enjoy the music and they hang around and listen a bit and actually forego their train ride to enjoy the music,” he said. “So I think it's a wonderful start."

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is only meaningful if the busking licences or permits are issued only to singaporeans, not foreigners and SPRs. There are many locals who are more than willing to showcase their talents and they should be encouraged to perform.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another great idea. I wonder if the rest of the world can learn from this and introduce buskers in your MRTs. It will provide vibrancy to a busy city.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
how much rent they pay? i see a lot of MRT shop spaces empty. SMRT try to make more money this way?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their train service so poor with frequent breakdowns and they think commuters have time to watch and listen to their music.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
add vibrancy to the stations!!! ROFL. Imagine if the trains didn't work and it gets jammed with the busker in there. Yup sure will be vibrant.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
no sound amplification devices for now, thank goodness!

Pls solve your transportation problems before deviating to all these non-core activities??

:mad:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will commuters stop to watch their performance instead of rushing to work?

If high quality definitely will stop to listen
Tune is by group called One Republic
Which is of course not same as One Party
Sinkies won't drop money in the hat
For musicians live on love and fresh air

[video=youtube;YPYGeELPpno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYGeELPpno[/video]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys you have to be patient. First the phone chargers, now the buskers and tomorrow Patrick Nathan the new comms chief will announce elevator music in carriages. Life is not all about working trains and scheduled services.

no sound amplification devices for now, thank goodness!

Pls solve your transportation problems before deviating to all these non-core activities??

:mad:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another great idea. I wonder if the rest of the world can learn from this and introduce buskers in your MRTs. It will provide vibrancy to a busy city.

Guys you have to be patient. First the phone chargers, now the buskers and tomorrow Patrick Nathan the new comms chief will announce elevator music in carriages. Life is not all about working trains and scheduled services.

It's sad that 90% of readers won't catch the sarcasm. Product of the PAP MoE education and all. Singapore is like the water of the Colorado River when it meets the Pacific. You can't filter it for use anymore no matter what. It's just pure toxic shit.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember in the early days of SBF, satire and sarcasm was quite entertaining because of the quality of readers.

It's sad that 90% of readers won't catch the sarcasm. Product of the PAP MoE education and all. Singapore is like the water of the Colorado River when it meets the Pacific. You can't filter it for use anymore no matter what. It's just pure toxic shit.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember in the early days of SBF, satire and sarcasm was quite entertaining because of the quality of readers.

You want quality readers you need quality thread starters with quality contributions. Online ass grabbing doesn't cut it. Just look at these parts.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a recommendation for Patrick Nathan to take up. We all know that the CEO's wife is well known socialite and attention seeker. Why not flash vignettes tastefully done of her in leotards going thru her Gym routine. I am sure we can move some resources from engineering to get this going real fast. If their engineers are good, they can time it when the doors open at station, the mike can pick up the tempo of the buskers music and syn with her video vignettes.

If we can't get the trains to run properly, let's at least have a fall back plan.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ayah, threads with the. Bangkok pimp asking all sorts of questions to Horlick tablets makes the forum richer. It goes with the flow.

You want quality readers you need quality thread starters with quality contributions. Online ass grabbing doesn't cut it. Just look at these parts.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SELF PRAISING EACH OTHER WITH CLONES

come post my trial photos agin and call me cunt again lor....

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SELF PRAISING EACH OTHER WITH CLONES

come post my trial photos agin and call me cunt again lor....

I will support your application for a busking license. A freak show with you as the central and the only display. The incredible and unbelievable "Cunt face!"