• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1965: MY Tengku Called Old Fart Power & Glory-Mad Dictator, But Didn't Get Sued. WHY?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]How Malaysia’s old Tengku saw Lee Kuan Yew[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
July 25th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

LKY-209x300.jpg
Lee Kuan Yew

In the past, many were illiterate, too young, frightened or hoodwinked into believing that LKY was a good leader. Today, more lights were shed, thanks to the Internet, but still very few believe what had actually transpired.
After Singapore was kicked-out of Malaysia, LKY became very annoyed and started his ‘revengeful acts’. He became hostile and said many things that angered our neighbour, Malaysia.

This is just one of those revealing stories (see below) in the past about LKY. The story is revealed by Malaysia’s then PM Tengku Adul Rahman.

Following story was published in Straits Times on 30 Oct 1965 [Link]. At the time, ST is quite independent with many independent minded journalists and editors working for ST.

In 1974, LKY introduced the Newspaper and Printing Presses Act, which requires that no newspapers be published without a permit. This permit is granted, refused or revoked upon the government’s discretion. Furthermore, it limits the issuing and transferring of management shares of newspaper companies to only individuals who have been approved by the government [Link].

The media industry underwent rapid consolidation after the Act was introduced, and many newspapers critical of the government merged or folded. Today, of course, SPH and Mediacorp survived and both are linked to the Govt. Mediacorp is wholly owned by Temasek and currently SPH’s chairman is Dr Lee Boon Yang, a former govt cabinet minister.

Edmund
* Submitted by TRE reader
* * * * * * * * *​
The Straits Times, 30 October 1965, Page 1
The Tengku defends position of Malay Rulers

(Kuala Lumpur, Friday) - Tengku Adul Rahman today strongly defended the position of the Malay Rulers in view of recent remarks made about them by the Singapore Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

In an interview with Inche Othman Abdullah M.P., editor of Merdeka, the Umno’s official weekly, the Tengku said that in making critical and derogatory remarks about them, Mr Lee insulted the Malays and Malaysians who love their Rulers.

The Tengku said that Mr Lee had ridiculed the status of Malay Rulers by comparing them with African tribal chiefs and Indian Maharajas, and asked what benefit he derived from this.

Constitutional

The Tengklu said that the Malays’ custom of having Rulers was a centuries-old tradition. They had Rulers long before Islam came to this country. They were still there when Islam spread its influence and the British did not depose them, nor did the Japanese.

“Perhaps if Mr Lee comes to power, he will depose them,” the Tengku added.

The Tengku said that it was true the Rulers had absolute powers before the British came.

But times had changed and the Rulers had become constitutional monarchs while the Government was run by the people through their elected representatives.

“If we look at our governmental system, we can see that although we have a Yang di-Pertuan Agong elected as Head of State for five years by the Rulers, this does not mean the ra’ayat have no powers and democracy is not practised in this country.

“The government is run in the name of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong by Ministers elected by the people,” the Tengku added.

The Tengku said that the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and Malay Rulers were now regarded by Malaysians of all races as a symbol of unity.

They were not a handicap nor a hindrance to progress.

There was no other country in South-east Asia which had achieved spectacular progress and prosperity like Malaysia, and the three countries which preserved their monarchical system in this part of the world – Malaysia, Thailand and Japan – progressed far better than those countries which had deposed their Rulers, the Tengku added.

‘Dictatorship’

The Tengku then replied to those who had charged that civil lists for the Malay rulers were a mere wastage of public money by asking them:

“If this is so, why is it that those countries which have deposed their Rulers cannot achieve progress and prosperity? Where has the money previously allocated to their Rulers gone to?

“To Malaysia, the royal expenditure is for honouring centuries-old tradition and safe guarding the Islam religion.

“If the monarchical system is disposed of, I am sure this country will face a dark and chaotic period,” the Tengku said.

He added that Mr Lee wanted a dictatorial system of government in place of the monarchical system, and the person who was most suitable to become the dictator was Mr Lee himself.

“That is the reason why Mr Lee criticises our Rulers and tries to depose them,” the Tengku said.

The Tengku gave two other reasons for Mr Lee’s attitude towards the Rulers.

He said that Mr Lee was a highly ambitious man who felt Singapore was too small for his aspirations.

“Mr Lee wants a bigger stage for his dictatorial performance.

“I am confident that he will not get the support of the Malays and the Malays will not bow to his wishes. He will not be able to influence the non-Malay Malaysians, for Malaysians as a whole are usually polite, disciplined and friendly.

‘Dream world’

“I am sure that Malaysians will reject any person who is dictatorial and this dictatorial attitude of Mr Lee will forever be a barrier between a polite people and a power and glory-mad dictator,” the Tengku said.

The Tengku alleged that Mr Lee became prouder when the outside world acclaimed him as a wise and clever man.

He was now living in his world of dreams, the Tengku added.

The Tengku said that Mr Lee did not get the approval of his Cabinet colleagues for the remarks he made about the Malay Rulers.

Except for one or two of them, the Singapore Ministers were not against the Malay Rulers as Mr Lee was, the Tengku added.

The Tengku describe Mr Lee’s recent proposal to resume barter trade with Indonesia as a challenge to Malaysia and likened this challenge to Castro’s challenge to the United States.

Mr Lee had said that he did not wish to consult Malaysia about the proposal, but when Malaysia raised this matter, Dr Goh Keng Swee, (Singapore Defence Minister) replied it had to be negotiated first with this country.

It was obvious that the two leaders did not see eye to eye, the Tengku said.

Another “funny” proposal by Mr Lee was to impose taxes on lorries and buses from the mainland because Singapore roads would be damaged by them.

“I am sure that Mr Lee will soon come out with other proposals, ideas and theories. All these reflect his restlessness since the isolation of Singapore from Malaysia.

“We should be on the alert for all the actions taken by him are hostile to Malaysia and he is now following the footsteps of Soekarno in launching confrontation towards Malaysia,” the Tengku said.

The Tengku recalled how Mr Lee came to see him about the merger of Singapore with Malaya.

“He praised me sky-high. He tried everything possible to win me.

“I realise that he was not sincere in what he did,” the Tengku said.

The Tengku added that now that the people of Sabah and Sarawak knew Mr Lee, they should keep their distance from him.

He asked Mr Lee to ponder deeply the fact that his hostility to Malaysia could not destroy or divide this country.

He emphasised that the security of Singapore was linked with Malaysia and therefore it was no use for the peoples of the two countries to quarrel with each other.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1965: MY Tengku Called Old Fart Power & Glory-Mad Dictator, But Didn't Get Sued.

He only learnt the art of Sueing later on...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 1965: MY Tengku Called Old Fart Power & Glory-Mad Dictator, But Didn't Get Sued.

And that's after his cronies picked up his PLP skills? Talk about staying ahead of the game!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

And that's after his cronies picked up his PLP skills? Talk about staying ahead of the game!

In those days, he had not yet installed the judges that would give the verdict in his favour. Imagine he sue Tengku during the British rule? He would e the one paying damages.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

He learned from you... the Suesiffu 0f papzi guard dogs! Very chun... sure bankrupt one!

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

How com brunei sultan trust lky so much?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

At that time Tengku is more tuakee than oldfart. Actually overtime oldfart also not more tuakee than any other Malaysia PM.

The reason why oldfart is so tuakee is only tuakee in sinkieland because sinkies bohpian, over time under PAP become more and more suaykee.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

The traits of bullying is u only bully people weaker than yourselves!!

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Old fart did not have kangaroos then, anyway as his local pets.

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whatever said....I do agree that all the tengkus, sultans, agong are knn waste of public money...and they do abuse/override the rule of law every now and then....Malaysia will be much better getting rid of them....

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whatever said....I do agree that all the tengkus, sultans, agong are knn waste of public money...and they do abuse/override the rule of law every now and then....Malaysia will be much better getting rid of them....

All the idiots and losers in this forum support the tengku who openly supports racist policies than has turned malaysia into a shithole it is tdy since the british left.

I am no fan of LKY but such idiocy that exists in the country makes me worried about the future of the country.

Quoting malaysian royalty as some sort of divine observation / advice ; might as well learn from mugabe.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

i would rather have an ambitious leader run the country than a useless leader ( malaysian type)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All the idiots and losers in this forum support the tengku who openly supports racist policies than has turned malaysia into a shithole it is tdy since the british left.

I am no fan of LKY but such idiocy that exists in the country makes me worried about the future of the country.

Quoting malaysian royalty as some sort of divine observation / advice ; might as well learn from mugabe.

By the way, Singapore is also a racist country. Just because you and I belong to the ethnic majority doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you think so, perhaps you need to open your eyes. :rolleyes:

The verses on the Singapore pledge 'regardless of race, language or religion' can be safely ignored, along with other nice-sounding myths e.g 'based on justice and equality'.

Before you bash the bumiputra policy across the Causeway, just remember that the Malaysian govt, despite its imperfections, never openly said that Malaysians are no good and thus Malaysia needed to import a horde of 'foreign talents'.

P.S: You are worried about idiocy and the harm it may cause to the country? Look no further... take a mirror and look into it. There's your idiocy staring back at you. :cool:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

By the way, Singapore is also a racist country. Just because you and I belong to the ethnic majority doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you think so, perhaps you need to open your eyes. :rolleyes:

The verses on the Singapore pledge 'regardless of race, language or religion' can be safely ignored, along with other nice-sounding myths e.g 'based on justice and equality'.

Before you bash the bumiputra policy across the Causeway, just remember that the Malaysian govt, despite its imperfections, never openly said that Malaysians are no good and thus Malaysia needed to import a horde of 'foreign talents'.

P.S: You are worried about idiocy and the harm it may cause to the country? Look no further... take a mirror and look into it. There's your idiocy staring back at you. :cool:

its retards like you who like to take on fashionable positions that make democracy look bad.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Drag that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY from his bed or wheel chair to hang him from lamp posts
LKY do not deserve to die in bed.

Or stuff his head below water line of unflushed public toilet bowl in Farrer road with the turds and diarrhea of banglas
And when he in that position, use a chain saw to rape his arsehole

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

LHL is the PM and a BG in the SAF, without Daddy O LKY he
be a nobody, deh!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let's just observe what the tengku had said. My replies are in red.

The Tengku said that Mr Lee had ridiculed the status of Malay Rulers by comparing them with African tribal chiefs and Indian Maharajas, and asked what benefit he derived from this.

Can someone tell me why comparing a m&d ruler to an african tribal chief or an indian maharaja is ridiculing them? What is the difference. In all 3 cases of the m&d ruler, african chief and the maharaja they all practice absolute power same as most monarchies the world over.

Constitutional

The Tengklu said that the Malays’ custom of having Rulers was a centuries-old tradition. They had Rulers long before Islam came to this country. They were still there when Islam spread its influence and the British did not depose them, nor did the Japanese.

The Tengku said that it was true the Rulers had absolute powers before the British came.

But times had changed and the Rulers had become constitutional monarchs while the Government was run by the people through their elected representatives.

“If we look at our governmental system, we can see that although we have a Yang di-Pertuan Agong elected as Head of State for five years by the Rulers, this does not mean the ra’ayat have no powers and democracy is not practised in this country.

“The government is run in the name of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong by Ministers elected by the people,” the Tengku added.

The Tengku said that the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and Malay Rulers were now regarded by Malaysians of all races as a symbol of unity.

Oh yes not a handicap or hindrance when the sultan of johor or his son can just whack anyone up in mudland for fun and he even flew his helicopter into singapore in the middle of the turf club. Yup not a handicap indeed.

There was no other country in South-east Asia which had achieved spectacular progress and prosperity like Malaysia, and the three countries which preserved their monarchical system in this part of the world – Malaysia, Thailand and Japan – progressed far better than those countries which had deposed their Rulers, the Tengku added.

A statement like this doesn't make sense and i don't know the term for it but it has totally 0 correlation with one another. What does the progress of a country have to do with a reigning monarch? Do you know cambodia still has a king norodom but cambodia is fucked up. If you follow his line of thinking isn't he wrong since cambodia has a monarch but is poor. Overall unless he can prove having a monarchy makes a country better his statement is totally false. Perhaps america should have a monarchy so that it can be even more powerful than it is.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Old man was good in bully peasant & opposition! Defamation was his caning!
when comes to Malaysian counter part, he'll pretend as though nothing
has happened!! see no evil, hear no evil, talk no evil!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's just observe what the tengku had said. My replies are in red.

Can someone tell me why comparing a m&d ruler to an african tribal chief or an indian maharaja is ridiculing them? What is the difference. In all 3 cases of the m&d ruler, african chief and the maharaja they all practice absolute power same as most monarchies the world over.

Constitutional

Oh yes not a handicap or hindrance when the sultan of johor or his son can just whack anyone up in mudland for fun and he even flew his helicopter into singapore in the middle of the turf club. Yup not a handicap indeed.

A statement like this doesn't make sense and i don't know the term for it but it has totally 0 correlation with one another. What does the progress of a country have to do with a reigning monarch? Do you know cambodia still has a king norodom but cambodia is fucked up. If you follow his line of thinking isn't he wrong since cambodia has a monarch but is poor. Overall unless he can prove having a monarchy makes a country better his statement is totally false. Perhaps america should have a monarchy so that it can be even more powerful than it is.

Bro, most idiots in this forum are so anti-PAP that they have become as retarded as the MY rulers themselves!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

He comparing MY with the Japanese!!!!!
WAHAHAHAHA!!!