• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP: No SGs Good Enough to Manage Town Councils! So Must Hire Ang Mohs Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]WHY ARE AMK, CCK AND TAMPINES TOWN COUNCILS MANAGED BY AUSTRALIANS?[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
25 Jul 2014 - 8:07pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

<click the image to see a larger version>
Dear The Real Singapore

I have attached ACRA details of CPG FACILITIES MANAGEMENT PTE LTD, CPG CORPORATION and finally CPG HOLDINGS PTE LTD which is owned by a DOWNER GROUP FINANCE PTY LTD from Sydney Australia.

I understand that CPG Facilities Mgt is assisting Ang Mo Kio GRC, Tampines and Chua Chu Kang in their Town Council Management for many years.
I am confused and maybe you will like to enlighten me:

1) Why do we need to appoint a Australian company from Sydney who indirectly run CPG Facilities Mgt to management our Town Councils ??

Why the need to award contracts to CPG Facilities Mgt which is 100% owned by CPG Corporation Pte Ltd, which again is 100% owned by CPG Holdings Pte Ltd and finally the real owner is an Australian finance company Downer Group in Sydney??

2) In case CPG Facilities Mgt breached any contracts, will Downer Goup/Australia liable?

3) CPG Corporation Pte Ltd, the 100% shareholder of CPG Facilities Mgt Pte Ltd and based on ACRA record is managed by two officers, namely Grant Anthony Fenn and Craig Setter. Both are Australians and again is CPG Corporation legally accountable for failures if for the contracted company CPG Facilities Mgt Pte Ltd??

4) Town Council is funded by public funds and why they need to qualify contractors that have many layers of ownerships not different from businesses which do not allow transparency of ownership and financial transactions?? Why the need to allow such Cayman Island or Turks and Caicos type of organizations that utilized our public funding?

5) Are profits taken away to main holding company and as a result we may suffer tax losses over many years?

I am confused and very concern with this company CPG and their groupings. I thought this can happen only in the private sector.

I hope you will investigate since you are new in this ministerial portfolio

My regards and Happy Hari Raya Puasa.
<iframe width="100%" height="780" src="http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=therealsingapore.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Farticlepics%2Fcpgtc.pdf&embedded=true" style="border: currentColor; border-image: none;"></iframe>
Bibi Baba

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Peng Leng · Top CommenterFor your info, this is a result of SG selling their GLCs to the foreigners. These sales include the power plant etc. Remember PWD? Try searching the link between a corporatised PWD and the CPG! Conspiracy theories? You decide!
Reply · Like<form class="fbUpDownVoteAfterLogin" id="u_0_1l" action="#" method="post"><input name="lsd" type="hidden" value="AVpofCNi" autocomplete="off"><label class="uiLinkButton fbUpDownVoteAfterLoginOption"><input class="uiLinkButtonInput" type="submit" value="Like"></label></form> · <a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="http://therealsingapore.com/content/why-are-amk-cck-and-tampines-town-councils-managed-australians?fb_comment_id=fbc_798213096889553_798239596886903_798239596886903" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><abbr title="Friday, July 25, 2014 at 6:22am" class="timestamp" data-utime="1406294574">about an hour ago</abbr>

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its either an ang mor company or a GLC company or a 2 buck company set up by ex pap members...not much choices,,,,

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it a coincidence that Choa Chu Kang has the highest incidence of dengue in Singapore with CCK Ave 5 alone having 172 cases!
Last year it was Tampines-also another coincidence?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australians want to learn from our world class town council to apply to their boondock towns

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see no reasons why Singaporeans keep asking questions. Just make your voice heard at the ballot bpx.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I remember the history. CPG is actually the old PWD. It was "sold" to Temasek. Temasek sold it to the Australian company in early 2000. It has nearly all the contracts from the various ministries.

Also remember it was one of the first thing the PM's wife sold.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes sold here and there,but in the end we still buying electricity from PUB or SP so literally we are paying two middleman for nothing.....aussie sells electricity to PAP,PAP sells electricity to us.....we pay 25 cents per kwh for them to fuck around with each other.

Now I remember the history. CPG is actually the old PWD. It was "sold" to Temasek. Temasek sold it to the Australian company in early 2000. It has nearly all the contracts from the various ministries.

Also remember it was one of the first thing the PM's wife sold.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, CPG was sold to the Aussie. It is a commercial thing not a political one. If you want to see how oppo manage their wards, go to punggol east and aljunied which are transforming into kampungs. Hougang never progress much from a laid back kampung with HDB flats.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the downer group has sold cpg to ah tiong a couple of years back. the internal rife to wrestle control from the angmoh resulted in a nos of heads -local honchos rollling.