• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which internet set-top box to buy?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Need some advice on internet box.

Any advice on which internet set-top box to buy?

I have heard of MINIX but are there other brands?

Also, where to buy them? It seems online may be even cheaper than buying at Sim Lim.

What is the difference between a set-top box like MINIX and a device like Roku or Chromecast?

Thanks

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
similar to buying android smartphone
highest/fastest proceesor (octo core if available) as well as highest ram (2gb current), shenzhen now 4gb ram

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any recommendation? I like the oppo N1 but it is not dual sim...
if you are frequent traveller, better get a dual sim phone.
i am using 6.5" hd octo core 2gb ram bought in shenzhen 6 months ago for S$280.
very fast but only drawback is needing to charge everynite.
so far only 1 shop selling octo-core in simlim for $399 when i was there early last month.
the rest are quad core at +-$200
most in simlim are actually 'unbranded' models but make sure you get the 2gb ram version.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the tip...most ah tiong phones r dual sim. But I dont understand why the oppo n1 is not. Have all I want. Big screen. Good camera and big battery. But no dual sim...
if you are frequent traveller, better get a dual sim phone.
i am using 6.5" hd octo core 2gb ram bought in shenzhen 6 months ago for S$280.
very fast but only drawback is needing to charge everynite.
so far only 1 shop selling octo-core in simlim for $399 when i was there early last month.
the rest are quad core at +-$200
most in simlim are actually 'unbranded' models but make sure you get the 2gb ram version.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oppo N1 have good spec with a good quality rotateable lens for selfie.
remember enquring price in malaysia at around S$600-700??? equivalent.

http://global.oppo.com/products/n1/specs/

too pricey for me after using china phones for more than 10 years.
after using the 6.5" for web surfing as well, there is no going back now.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't need Android Tv to watch free TV!

PC also can watch. Mobile phones also can watch. Just plug them to your TV hdmi outlet.

Build your own Rasberry Pi!

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get a NAS, program it to download shows.. stream to TV using network... no need to buy any android stick...