• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only in S'pore- 3 Defence Ministers sit down to talk about how many stations in IPPT!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What a joke this makes of the SAF. It tells you how stupid the whole defence establishment is. $12 billion defence budget annually and these clowns talk about how many stations in the IPPT? No wonder no one takes the SAF seriously.

Singapore’s Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen announced a new format for the Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) on Wednesday — it now constitutes only three stations instead of the previous five.

The three stations are: 2.4 km run, push-ups and sit-ups.

Previously, the IPPT comprised of standing broad jumps, chin ups, shuttle run as well as the 2.4 km run and sit-ups — the latter two remain in the new test format.

Changes made to the newly improved physical test, which applies to National Servicemen in Singapore, “will make it simpler for NSmen to train for IPPT, and for more to pass”, Ng said in a Facebook post on the same day.

The new format also comes with more age bands and a new scoring system that allows participants to combine points from all stations instead of obtaining a pass mark for each of them.

“This way, soldiers can make up through more sit-ups, if they are weak in push-ups and running, or vice versa,” Ng said, adding that there is a “limit” to how much you can make up.

Adjustments have also been made to the pass mark for NSmen. For NSFs, regulars and awards, they remain about the same.

At the end of his post Ng reminded those taking IPPT to continue taking effort and having regular exercise to pass, which he said is the idea of the test – “keeping healthy and fit”.

The announcement came after the Committee to Strengthen National Service completed their review of the test.

The 20-member CSNS was set up in March 2013 to examine how the NS system can be strengthened.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Only in S'pore- 3 Defence Ministers sit down to talk about how many stations in I

The PAP government, had made us a stupid , laughing sock to the world, by importing mass numbers of foreigners. I have to endure, HR displeasure with my SAF 100, " RESERVIST AGAIN"...& inconveniences with "REPORTING", "IPPT"....& "MOBILIZATION"...where my company filled with FT, do not have to worry anything, they can, work in comfortable "peace", enjoy their rest days & weekends, not having to worry about the above-mentioned.

What the f%$%&%& do I have to waste my time, with all these.....sure, I am PRIVILEGED to be a SINgaporean....that you PAP.:mad:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Only in S'pore- 3 Defence Ministers sit down to talk about how many stations in I

It's not the passing or failing that is the problem... it is the extra shit (IPT and RT) for those who fail which is disruptive.

As far as I'm concerned, if you pass, you pass. If you fail, you fail. There's no need to force those who fail to attend mandatory 'remedial lessons' in physical training.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

SAF indeed failed badly in "fitness doctrinism" in its soldiers.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually they did not decide. They just followed the direction of the North Star.:o:cool:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I would have thought that pull ups are one of the most important stations not just for the army but for your own survival. If you're hanging over the edge of a cliff, you need to be able to save yourself.

I can do 20 pull ups with ease.

cliffhanger2.jpg

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

which other country has ippt and rt training for the reservists ? singapore might be the only country. damn this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I would have thought that pull ups are one of the most important stations not just for the army but for your own survival. If you're hanging over the edge of a cliff, you need to be able to save yourself.

cliffhanger2.jpg

The only thing you can pull is your lancheow when u jerk off.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I would rather 3 Defence Ministers sit down and explain to the country why they need a $12 billion defence budget, and how they arrived at this number. The changes to IPPT can be explained by a brochure given to all incoming NSF or Reservist reporting for ICT. Not a justification of their huge salaries.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only thing you can pull is your lancheow when u jerk off.

Ha ha ha ha!
Provided he got a langcheow and not a withered towgay and a perineum tiudouhoifar

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's not the passing or failing that is the problem... it is the extra shit (IPT and RT) for those who fail which is disruptive.

As far as I'm concerned, if you pass, you pass. If you fail, you fail. There's no need to force those who fail to attend mandatory 'remedial lessons' in physical training.

Oh great laksaboy why not you tell the SAF about your concerns. Sure they will implement it.

Btw why does someone who fails not need to attend the remedial? What's the point of testing? Everyone would just fail if saf followed your way of thinking.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hamas needs to take over part of Singapore. See how the SAF reacts. If they act like the Israelis All BGs and MEs can get promoted.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

cliffhanger2.jpg

Boss, clearly you havent watched the road runner. 20 pull ups would pull the car down on top of him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am surprised you haven't figured out why pull-outs have been excluded.

cliffhanger2.jpg

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would rather 3 Defence Ministers sit down and explain to the country why they need a $12 billion defence budget, and how they arrived at this number. The changes to IPPT can be explained by a brochure given to all incoming NSF or Reservist reporting for ICT. Not a justification of their huge salaries.

they nneed to pay all the paper generals. last i counted should have over 12 paper generals including (NS) generals who all have million dollar salaries. very expense.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

cliffhanger2.jpg

That nigger there is doing a dead hang. For him to save himself he needs to do more than pull ups. Probably do a muscle up and try to climb unto the car but his bodyweight might topple is over. Best he try to find a grip unto the mountain side grass instead.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you're hanging over the edge of a cliff, you need to be able to save yourself.

when I was in my early teen this was the kind of cliff that we would jump off into the sea below

I'm surprised this goondu did not jump

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hahaha, remedial lessons.....sounds so secondary school to me when one failed PE test.
Adults shouldn't be treated this way. This lack of respect also spreads to other parts of life with pappies calling sinkies daft, ungracious, etc.

For those in government sector the superiors see it as norm for men to go through reservist shit. Some may not even mind failing and stay for remedial. However, this shit can be a form of disturbance and stress to those in private sectors or are self employed.