• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Serie A Season 2014-15 ║

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NbvI0mi.png

ekZcmWZ.jpg

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

AC Milan must rely on youth, says Berlusconi

417881_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Jul 23, 2014 12:31:00

The Rossoneri supremo says the club must concentrate on helping academy products to flourish as they aim to "start a new cycle" at San Siro

Silvio Berlusconi claims AC Milan must turn their attention to their youth academy talents in order to return to the summit of Italian football.

Milan have gone without silverware since winning the Serie A title under Massimiliano Allegri in 2010-11 and finished short of the European places last season after a dismal campaign.

Club president Berlusconi believes youth could be the key in their attempts to become a major force on the continent once again.

"We have to start a new cycle and start winning again like we did in the past," the Milan supremo told Oggi.

"We have to appreciate and rely on the youngsters coming through our own youth academy as well.

"Let's not forget that Milan are still the most successful club in the world."

Mattia De Sciglio is one of the few players in Filippo Inzaghi's squad who came through the ranks of the Milan academy, along with Bryan Cristante.

Much is also expected of creative midfielder Hachim Mastour, who came close to making his official first-team debut at the tender age of 15 last term.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Conte rubbishes Paris Saint-Germain report

435614_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Jul 23, 2014 23:55:00

The 44-year-old coach is mystified by reports that his 'entourage' have been in contact with the Ligue 1 champions given he does not employ anyone to represent him

Former Juventus boss Antonio Conte has dismissed a report linking him with Paris Saint-Germain.

The 44-year-old coach surprisingly parted company with the Bianconeri last week and it was claimed that he had been approached by the Ligue 1 outfit about usurping Laurent Blanc at the Parc des Princes.

However, Conte, who has only just returned from holiday, insists that neither he, nor anyone representing his interests, has spoken with the French champions.

"I read about alleged contact between PSG and what was described as my 'entourage'," the ex-Italy international told ANSA.

"Not having agents or an entourage, I can say that the alleged news is devoid of any truth and I remain truly amazed by the ease with which this news was published."

Conte, who led Juve to three successive Serie A titles in his three seasons at the helm in Turin, has also been linked with the vacant Italy job.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MLS doesn't want 'ignorant' Cole - Nicol

435559_heroa.jpg

By Keith Hickey
Jul 24, 2014 09:26:00

The former Liverpool stalwart and New England head coach has slammed the ex-Chelsea full-back, claiming his comments on US football betray his arrogance

Former Liverpool defender Steve Nicol has rejected the implication by ex-England international Ashley Cole that playing in the MLS would constitute an "easy" time.

The left-back, who signed for Serie A giants Roma this summer after eight seasons with Chelsea, had told his new club's official channel: "I have had other offers from USA, but I didn't want to sit on the beach yet" when asked about his decision to move to Italy.

He also later tweeted that he opted to join Roma in order to enjoy "a more demanding place and team" rather than move to North America.

Nicol, who played for Liverpool for 13 years and coached the New England Revolution from 2002 to 2011, took exception to the remark and claimed Cole has betrayed arrogance with his comments.

"Ashley cole said if I wanted an easy ride I would have gone to MLS. Such an ignorant comment. MLS does not want you thanks," tweeted the 52-year-old, who won the 1983-84 European Cup and five league titles in his playing days.

In a later reply, Nicol subsequently tweeted about Cole: "he was good but he ain't as good as he thinks he is".

Had Cole moved to MLS, he would have joined former team-mates Thierry Henry, of the New York Red Bulls, and Frank Lampard, who is set to sign for New York City.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Roma must sign another defender - Garcia

413929_heroa.jpg

By Matt Jones
Jul 24, 2014 15:35:00

The Giallorossi coach is eager to bring in another centre-back this summer, though he says they will take their time to chose the right player

Roma coach Rudi Garcia has confirmed that the club are looking to bring in another defender before the start of the season.

Last season's Serie A runners-up have already signed Ashley Cole and Urby Emanuelson this summer, along with experienced midfielder Seydou Keita and attacker Juan Iturbe.

The Giallorossi have been linked with Manchester City's Matija Nastasic and Davide Astori of Cagliari, and Garcia was blunt in making his intentions clear after his side's friendly win over Liverpool on Wednesday.

"We all know that we need another central defender," the Frenchman said, speaking to reporters.

"This is why I have brought many youngsters along to see if more than one can help us in the season."

He added: "[Sporting director Walter] Sabatini is working on this and we need to find the right man to be even stronger this season.

"We will see later, but there is no rush to find this central defender, but if there is an exciting opportunity then we will take it."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Roma swoop for Barcelona teenager

438339_heroa.jpg

Matthew Rogerson
Jul 24, 2014 22:33:00

The Paraguay international was close to joining the club in January and has at last sealed a move to Stadio Olimpico

Roma have confirmed the long-awaited signing of Paraguay striker Antonio Sanabria from Barcelona on a five-year deal.

The 18-year-old was widely tipped to join the Stadio Olimpico club during the January transfer window but the deal was halted by regulations surrounding non-EU players.

Roma are permitted to sign two players from outside the EU per season - with Gervinho and Maicon arriving last term.

Therefore, Sanabria was bought by Roma's Serie A rivals Sassuolo at the start of the year, where he featured just twice as the club narrowly avoided relegation.

A move to Roma was always on the cards, though, and Sanabria has agreed a contract with the Serie A runners-up until 2019.

He will become the latest close-season signing to arrive at the club after Ashley Cole, Salih Ucan, Leandro Paredes and Juan Iturbe.

Roma will pay an initial fee of €2.5 million for Sanabria, which could rise to €7m based on bonuses.

The striker made his Roma debut in Thursday's friendly win over Liverpool in Boston - replacing captain Francesco Totti after an hour.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sunday July 27 2014

Report: Callejon kicked out of training

By Football Espana staff

callejon-benitez490ai_0.jpg

Jose Callejon was kicked out of Napoli training by Rafael Benitez because of problems with his attitude, reports in Italy and Spain claim.

Mundo Deportivo cite a story by La Gazzetta dello Sport that alleges Callejon was told to leave the session early.

Callejon is said to have looked unhappy at being ordered away. He had previously been linked with a Napoli exit, Atletico Madrid thought to be interested in giving Callejon a return to La Liga.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Manchester United bid €100 million for Strootman we'll think about it - Garcia

408373_heroa.jpg

By Liam Twomey
Jul 27, 2014 14:07:00

Louis van Gaal is an avowed admirer of the 24-year-old but the Roma boss insists it would take a "three-digit offer" for him to even consider selling his injured talisman

Manchester United must bid €100 million to even stand a chance of signing Roma star Kevin Strootman, according to boss Rudi Garcia.

New United manager Louis van Gaal is a big fan of Strootman and made him a key figure during his time in charge of the Netherlands national side, though the 24-year-old missed this summer's World Cup with a serious knee injury.

Speculation has been rife ever since Van Gaal's arrival at Old Trafford that he will make a move for the former PSV midfielder, but Garcia is adamant that any deal would not be cheap.

"What can I say about the rumours [about Strootman joining United]..." the Roma boss wondered after his side's 3-2 defeat to United in Denver on Saturday.

"Maybe after a three-digit offer [€100m], then we will sit down and think about it."

Strootman did not feature in Saturday's match as he continues his rehabilitation from the anterior cruciate ligament injury he sustained in March, but Garcia is optimistic that the process is going well.

"Kevin is following a normal recovery programme," he added. "He is fine. He will start running soon."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Galliani confirms Robinho offers from Olympiakos and Brazil

438576_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
Jul 28, 2014 18:01:00

The AC Milan chief says the club are assessing potential signings to replace the Brazilian but insists Mario Balotelli will not be leaving San Siro

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has confirmed the club have received offers from Greek champions Olympiakos and clubs in Brazil for Robinho.

The 30-year-old is expected to leave San Siro this summer, with MLS outfit Orlando City long linked with a move for the player, having already tied up a deal for compatriot Kaka.

Robinho's former club Santos have also admitted they would be keen to bring the player back to Brazil, though they stressed the ex-Real Madrid forward would need to lower his wage demands.

Galliani has since revealed that offers from Brazil and Olympiakos have been received for the player and indicated Milan are already pursuing replacements, with Alessio Cerci a reported option.

"There's no offer from Besiktas, there is something from Brazil and Olympiakos. We just finished a meeting, we will update tomorrow," he told Sky Italia.

"The market at the moment is geared towards a wide player if we part with Robinho. [Head coach] Pippo Inzaghi wants left-footed players on the right side."

Galliani also underlined his determination to keep Mario Balotelli at the club and insisted the team's defenders need time to adjust following the 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Manchester City.

"I'll update the chances of him staying to 99.999 per cent," he said of Balotelli. "I liked the way he played when he came on last night. He is our centre-forward and will stay.

"Defeats are certainly not something to be pleased with. In defence the centre-backs need time to get into shape, but Alex and [Adil] Rami are a great pair, as are [Daniele] Bonera and [Philippe] Mexes."

Galliani also insisted Italian Football Federation (FIGC) presidential candidate Carlo Tavecchio is not a racist following his remarks on the influx of foreign players in Serie A.

"Tavecchio? It was certainly an unhappy joke, but it ends there. Tavecchio's life has always been devoted to institutions, it's certain he is no racist and it was just a little joke," he added.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Marotta: We will not sell Vidal unless he asks to leave

437233_heroa.jpg

By Jay Jaffa
Jul 28, 2014 19:09:00

Manchester United look set to miss out on a key target as the Juventus director insists they intend to keep hold of the €54 million-rated Chile international midfielder

Juventus CEO Guiseppe Marotta is adamant that Arturo Vidal will not be sold as long as the Chilean is happy in Turin.

The 27-year-old has been one of Manchester United's top targets this summer, with a €54 million bid being prepared, and Goal understands that Vidal met with his agent and senior officials on Sunday evening to discuss the possibility of a transfer to Old Trafford.

However, after Vidal stated that he is "not going to Manchester" on Thursday, the move looks even more unlikely following Marotta's comments.

Marotta told Sky Italia: "We have clear ideas. We renewed [Vidal's] contract a few months ago just because we knew we could count on an important element.

"We don't want to sell Vidal, there are only rumours because he is a player among the best in the world. We never activated a clause to try to sell him - if he doesn't show an intention to leave, our position won't change."

United had hoped to tempt the goalscoring midfielder into a move to the Premier League by offering a wage package of €316,000 per week and had made the Chile international one of their key targets this summer as Louis van Gaal's overhaul begins to take shape.

Despite United's interest, though, Vidal looks almost certain to remain with the Scudetto holders.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vidal to Man United? He’s irreplaceable, says ex-Juventus man Tacchinardi

435816_heroa.jpg

Jul 30, 2014 09:00:00

The 1996 Champions League winner believes that the Goal 50 star has no equal in his position, admitting that the midfielder is his favourite player in world football

EXCLUSIVE
By Romeo Agresti

Alessio Tacchinardi believes that Goal 50 star Arturo Vidal is “irreplaceable” at Juventus, as Manchester United continue to hover over the Chile international.

Vidal, who finished ninth in Goal’s annual list of the 50 greatest footballers from the past season, is a summer target of the English giants and his future in Turin has come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks.

Tacchinardi, though, says that former club Juventus need to pull out all the stops to hold onto Vidal, who he believes is the best midfielder in the world.

"The Chilean has proven himself to be almost irreplaceable," Tacchinardi told Goal.

"He is the true leader on the field, with the ability to construct the play but also destroy it through his dynamism, strength and physical explosiveness.

"Today he has no equal. When I am choosing players for my perfect squad, I look not only for leaders but also for plenty of goals, tactical balance and spirit.

"In short, he is an athlete and an incredible footballer. He is my favourite player."

Tacchinardi played for Juventus from 1994 until 2005, winning five Serie A titles and the Champions League.

Another former Bianconeri legend, Franco Causio, has echoed Tacchinardi’s view that Vidal could not be replaced were he to be sold this summer.

"He is the absolute leader in midfield, a great scorer, and he is able to galvanise his team-mates," he enthused.

"He is a born fighter and an indomitable warrior. He is a symbol and certainly one of the best players in the world in his role.

"With Paul Pogba and Andrea Pirlo, he forms probably the strongest midfield in Europe. He never gives up and he knows how to sacrifice himself until the end. He is truly exceptional."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Lazio sign De Vrij

436828_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Jul 30, 2014 18:48:00

The centre-back was rumoured to be a target of Manchester United but has now completed a move to Serie A

Lazio have confirmed the €9 million signing of defender Stefan de Vrij from Feyenoord.

The 22-year-old started all seven of Netherlands' games in Brazil this summer and has now completed a move from Rotterdam to Rome, with the Serie A club revealing the news on their official Twitter account.

The centre-back completed his medical on Tuesday morning at the Paideia clinic, with Lazio's director of communications, Stefano Di Martino, describing De Vrij as "the best defender at the World Cup" and an "international signing".

De Vrij himself admits the decision to join the Serie A outfit required a great deal of thought but believes he will become a far better player in Italy's top flight.

"I had to think for a long time about the decision to choose Lazio," he told Feyenoord's official website.

"After a lot of talks with the people in Rome, Lazio gave me a superb feeling and now I have signed it feels only better. I am very happy with this step in my career.

"In Italy I hope to become a versatile defender. I will play against world class strikers. I am proud of being part of the Feyenoord family, but after many years here I am looking forward to the next challenge."

Lazio had been pipped to the signing of Cagliari's Davide Astori by city rivals Roma prior to bolstering their defence with the signing of the Feyenoord star.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A - Genoa sign Falque from Tottenham

Tottenham have confirmed that Iago Falque has signed for Genoa.

31 July 2014 16:11 FootballItalia

800118-20722396-2560-1440.jpg

Iago Silva Falque (PA Sport)

He has joined the Marassi outfit permanently after his contract at Spurs expired.

Tomas Rincon is also expected to sign for Genoa shortly.

He was released by Hamburg in the summer and has been training with the Grifone for a few days. The club have agreed a deal with the midfielder, and are likely to formally confirm the deal over the weekend.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serie A - Samp: 'Mustafi available for €15m'

Sampdoria said they’ll sell World Cup winning defender Shkodran Mustafi “if someone offers €15m.”

1 August 2014 FootballItalia

1283063-27653924-2560-1440.jpg

Angebote für Mustafi aus der Bundesliga

The centre-back had been something of a flop at Everton, but his career has sky-rocketed since joining Samp in January 2012.

The 22-year-old earned a call-up for Germany’s World Cup squad and lifted the trophy in Brazil.

“For now he is not for sale, but if someone arrives with a €15m offer then I’ll sell him and bring in 10 players who can become just like him,” President Massimo Ferrero told Secolo XIX.

It would be quite a coup for Samp, who took him on a free transfer from Everton.

Juventus and Borussia Monchengladbach have been linked with a summer bid for Mustafi.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Keita: Garcia reminds me of Guardiola

439871_heroa.jpg

By Martin Macdonald
Aug 2, 2014 10:51:00

The Malian believes that the Roma coach shares many similar coaching traits to the current Bayern Munich boss and praised the talent at the Stadio Olimpico this season

Roma midfielder Seydou Keita has claimed Rudi Garcia's coaching methods remind him of his former Barcelona boss, Pep Guardiola.

The Malian signed for the Giallorossi on a free transfer this summer after leaving Valencia and has already found similarities between his new coach and his former mentor at Camp Nou, under whom he enjoyed massive success between 2008 and 2012.

"Pep Guardiola spoke well of me because he has always recognised my work for the team," the 34-year-old recently told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Rudi Garcia is similar: he also likes his teams to play good football, to keep hold of possession and to be in control of the game."

Keita was also full of praise for his new Stadio Olimpico team-mates and insisted that the Giallorossi should be aiming to claim the Serie A title for themselves this campaign after coming up short behind Juventus in 2013-14.

"Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi, Morgan De Sanctis, Mehdi Benatia, Miralem Pjanic - I've found a great dressing room. Here there is everything to have a great season.

"After the second place last season Roma must now aim for the Scudetto."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Juventus seal Romulo loan deal

440653_heroa.jpg

By Alec Fenn
Aug 2, 2014 13:44:00

The 27-year-old impressed in Serie A last season and caught the eye of the Bianconeri, who have the option to buy the midfielder for €6 million next summer

Juventus have bolstered their midfield by completing the €1 million loan signing of Romulo from Serie A rivals Verona.

As part of the deal, Juve have the option to make the move permanent at the end of the 2014-15 campaign for €6million, which would be paid over the course of three years.

Verona only acquired full ownership of Romulo last month following a hugely impressive loan period with the club.

The former Fiorentina man made 33 appearances in that spell and scored six goals, which saw him named in Italy's provisional 30-man World Cup squad, though he didn't make the final cut.

The 27-year-old will now link up with Juve as they bid to claim a fourth consecutive Serie A title under new coach Massimiliano Allegri.

Juve have recruited extensively in the transfer window, bringing the likes of Alvaro Morata, Patrice Evra and promising former Paris Saint-Germain attacking midfielder Kingsley Coman to Turin.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Juventus announce QPR loan for Isla

437556_heroa.jpg

By Tom Davis
Aug 2, 2014 15:42:00

The 26-year-old right-back, who featured for Chile at the World Cup, is expected to complete a medical with the London club on Sunday ahead of a season-long loan

Queens Park Rangers have agreed a deal with Juventus for defender Mauricio Isla.

The 26-year-old, who can operate both in midfield and in defence, will finalise his move to Loftus Road once a medical is completed on Sunday, according to Juventus CEO, Giuseppe Marotta.

"We have reached a deal with QPR for Isla to move on loan. Tomorrow he will have medical with QPR," Marotta told reporters at a press conference.

The Chile international was a strong performer in his country's recent World Cup campaign but had failed to hold down a regular position at club level for Juventus, having joined from Serie A rivals Udinese in 2012.

Earlier in June, he conceded his future in Turin depended on then-manager Antonio Conte yet, despite since being replaced by Massimiliano Allegri, he has now been allowed to move to the Premier League.

Isla follows Rio Ferdinand and Steven Caulker through the door at Loftus Road as manager Harry Redknapp prepares his club for the new season, as they open their league campaign at home to Hull City on August 16.

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chiellini: Vidal won't ditch Juventus for Man Utd

365591_heroa.jpg

By Miles Chambers
Aug 3, 2014 15:49:00

The defender has no doubts that the Chilean will ignore overtures from the Premier League giants and admits that he was shocked Antonio Conte resigned last month

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is "convinced" that Arturo Vidal will ignore Manchester United's interest to stay in Serie A.

The Chilean has been heavily linked with a transfer to Old Trafford and, despite the Bianconeri publicly claiming Vidal is going nowhere, rumours are continuing to bubble that a move is in the offing.

However, his team-mate Chiellini has no doubt that Vidal will remain in Turin and insisted that he has no plans to depart Juventus either.

"I am convinced Arturo Vidal will stay with us," he told reporters ahead of the Turin club's pre-season tour of South East Asia.

"My contract is not formal, but I think it’s safe to say I will be a Juventus player for a long time yet."

Antonio Conte guided Juventus to three successive Scudetti but became frustrated with decisions at boardroom level and stepped down this summer.

Though Chiellini stressed his intent to impress under new boss Massimiliano Allegri, he admitted he was stunned by Conte's decision to part ways with the club he brought so much success.

"I totally did not expect Conte to leave," he added. "I was on holiday and there were rumours, but then it actually happened.

"After initially being shocked, we all put ourselves at the disposal of Allegri and we want to continue our winning era after three years of success.

"The fans are struggling to see it clearly and were shaken up, but they must understand that Allegri is a vastly experienced coach.

"We're reinforcing with good players and the unconditional support of the fans is important. This is still a winning team and Allegri’s arrival can even make us more unpredictable."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pjanic: Leaving Roma was never an option

440227_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Aug 4, 2014 12:21:00

The Bosnia-Herzegovina star has made it clear that he never considered a transfer and dreams of winning the Scudetto this season

Miralem Pjanic has stressed that he never thought about leaving Roma irrespective of interest from Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.

The 24-year-old was one of Roma's undisputed stars as they finished second in Serie A last term, catching the attention of the Ligue 1 champions and the Spanish giants in the process.

Neverthelss, Pjanic eventually opted to sign a new deal with Roma until June 2018 instead and he has now made it clear that a summer transfer was never an option for him.

"I signed a new deal because I believe in Roma's project, in this team and in this coach," the creative midfielder to Corriere dello Sport.

"It was an easy decision. Maybe I could have made more money elsewhere. But I want to play somewhere where I'm happy. I love the people at Roma, I love the club and I love the city. This is the perfect place to develop.

"I never thought about leaving. Negotiations over a new deal took a while because they took place during the season. There were a lot of rumours, but the people at Roma always knew what I wanted and that I wanted to sign a new deal before the World Cup."

Pjanic then went on to insist that Roma have set their sights on the Serie A title this term after last year's second place.

"We want to win this Scudetto. Is this the strongest Roma I've seen? I think so. We have had players arrive who have made us grow.

"And we have young players who understand football and also have so much talent. But above all, this year the group has changed with respect to the past.

"But we are not favourites. There is always Juventus, who deserved to win the league last year, and then Napoli. We are there next and in contention. The pitch will provide us with the answers."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lippi upset by Conte resignation as Juventus boss

435736_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 3, 2014 19:48:00

The ex-Bianconeri boss wanted to see the 45-year-old remain at the helm for many seasons to come but is in no doubt that the Lecce native will return to Turin one day

Marcelo Lippi has admitted that he has been left surprised and disappointed by Antonio Conte's resignation as Juventus coach but nonetheless has the utmost confidence in new boss Massimiliano Allegri.

Conte took charge of the Bianconeri in the summer of 2011 and led the Old Lady to three successive Serie A titles before sensationally parting company with the Turin club by mutual consent last month.

The former Juve midfielder declined to explain precisely why he believed it "might become more difficult to keep winning" and Lippi remains somewhat shocked by Conte's sudden exit.

"I'm a little surprised by his farewell," the ex-Bianconeri boss told Tuttosport.

"I always supported Conte. I hoped that he'd stay at Juve for many years. I would have been happy to see him at the head of more winning cycles.

"But if he had certain feelings, well, his choice has to be respected. But I hope to see Conte at Juventus again in the future."

However, Lippi still believes that Allegri will prove a worthy successor - despite the reservations of some Juve fans, who were less than impressed with the club's decision to turn to the former AC Milan trainer.

"I have great faith in him," the World Cup-winning coach stated. "When you coach Milan, Inter or Juve, it's always hard, not only because of the history.

"But Allegri has worked at a club of a very high level, at Milan, and he has also won the Scudetto [in his first season at San Siro].

"The fans will have patience. They are, before everything else, in love with their squad. And they had success with [two former Milan coaches in Carlo] Ancelotti and [Fabio] Capello."