• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2014-15 ║

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

jC8hok4.jpg

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reus could return to team training 'in two or three weeks', says Klopp

395883_heroa.jpg

By Matt Jones
Jul 24, 2014 18:30:00

The Borussia Dortmund boss claims the 25-year-old could return to action quicker than expected but has stressed he will not rush his recovery

Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Marco Reus could return to full team training as early as next month.

Reus suffered a ligament tear in Germany's World Cup warm-up match against Armenia in June, ruling him out of the tournament, and sporting director Michael Zorc has said this week that the player is still expected to return to action in September.

Klopp feels that Reus could make a return to team training in a matter of weeks after his ankle has shown positive signs of progress.

Speaking to Bild, Klopp said: "It's always a good feeling to see the guys running again. This is great. So far, the healing process has been optimal.

"Maybe Marco can get into the team training again in two or three weeks."

Reus scored 23 goals for Dortmund last season, helping BVB to a second-placed Bundesliga finish behind Bayern Munich.

However, Klopp added that there would be no rush for the forward to return to action.

"We will not put Marco under pressure. We will give him all the time he needs," he said.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp: Immobile is already showing his ability

438256_heroa.jpg

By Matt Jones
Jul 24, 2014 14:30:00

Both Dortmund's head coach and captain have believe the Italian striker has made a big impression since his arrival from Torino

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has praised new arrival Ciro Immobile, admitting he has been impressed by the striker's pre-season so far.

Immobile signed for Dortmund from Torino for €18.5 million in June after the 24-year-old scored 22 goals to become the top scorer in Serie A last season.

Despite a delayed start to pre-season after his inclusion in Italy's World Cup campaign - meaning he has only managed 45 minutes against Osnabruck so far - Klopp stated that Immobile has already made an impression at the club.

"He has hardly trained and has already shown his goalscoring ability," said Klopp to reporters.

Immobile, who was signed as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski after his free transfer to Bayer Munich, also received encouraging words from club captain Sebastien Kehl team-mate Oliver Kirch.

"We expect a lot from him. It has been seen that he is a true poacher, if he has the chance," said Kirch.

Kehl added: "It has been noted already in the first few day, that he is a really open, accessible type. In the training camp we will get to know him even better."

Immobile is expected to make his competitive debut for Dortmund in their Bundesliga opener against Bayer Leverkusen on August 23.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: We tried to convince Kroos to stay

385954_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
Jul 24, 2014 18:21:00

The Spaniard admits he can understand the midfielder's desire for a new challenge and insists fans must be patient to see the best of Robert Lewandowski

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola says the club did everything they could to convince Toni Kroos to sign a new deal.

The 24-year-old moved to Real Madrid this month after talks with Bayern over a new deal at the Allianz Arena had stalled earlier this year.

Guardiola admits the Bundesliga champions did their utmost to convince the World Cup winner to stay but has wished him well in his new career in Spain.

"We tried to convince him to stay at the club but I understand. He is young and wants new challenges. It is his decision and we have to respect that," he told a press conference.

"I hope he is happy in Madrid. It was an honour to be his coach. I wish the very best to him and his family. At the same time I want to say thank you for what he did last season."

Guardiola went on to call for patience from supporters concerning new striker Robert Lewandowski, despite the Poland international scoring on his debut in pre-season.

"Maybe he will need some time but he has the quality, he did everything to come to this club," added the former Barcelona boss.

"I am here to support him. He will have the opportunity to have a good life with his family over here in Munich. The rest will come by itself but we will need time - a change like this is never easy.

"He will get the time that he needs here."

Guardiola guided his side to the domestic double in his first season in charge of Bayern, while a number of his first-team stars went on to lift the World Cup with Germany in Brazil this summer.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge claimed Guardiola would have few problems motivating the squad to achieve even greater success in 2014-15, but the 43-year-old has conceded it could be a tough task.

"If you have won some titles, you become a little bit more loose and relaxed," he added.

"That is the challenge for a coach - and it is a big challenge. We have to maintain the level of last year with this team.

"That is going to be quite difficult as a lot of important players were at the World Cup. It is a huge challenge, but I want to take it."

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ribery ready to return, says Guardiola

406700_heroa.jpg

By Matt Jones
Jul 24, 2014 16:04:00

The Bayern Munich boss has confirmed the winger could feature against Borussia Monchengladbach this week after recovering from back surgery

Franck Ribery could make his return from injury for Bayern Munich this weekend, Pep Guardiola has revealed.

The Frenchman missed the World Cup due to a back injury but, after training with the German champions this week, he could have some involvement against Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday in the Telekom Cup.

"Ribery has trained well this week, I think he can play a couple of minutes in Hamburg," said Guardiola in a press conference.

With pre-season well underway, Guardiola also rejected claims that the late return of Germany's World Cup winners, including Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Manuel Neuer, could have a detrimental effect on the squad.

"We have to adjust ourselves to the current situation," Guardiola added. "We will grow step by step."

Bayern return to competitive action in the German Super Cup against Borussia Dortmund on August 13.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern: We'll never fire Guardiola

412867_heroa.jpg

By Ed Dove
Jul 27, 2014 10:53:00

Club chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has guaranteed that the German giants will not suffer a World Cup hangover

Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has reassured fans that Pep Guardiola will "never be fired" by the Bavarian giants.

The five-time European champions have often stuttered in the seasons following a World Cup: Felix Magath was fired in January 2007, while Louis van Gaal was dismissed in April 2011, as both men struggled with a squad fatigued after an insubstantial summer break.

Rummenigge has assured fans that a similar malaise will not befall the club this season and that Guardiola, whom was hired last summer, need not fear for his future.

"Bayern Munich will never fire Pep Guardiola," the club chief affirmed to Morgen Post. "I give you that in writing.

"He will be our coach until at least June 30, 2016, when his contract ends.

"Admittedly, for the players it is not easy to begin again after a short holiday due to the World Cup, but thankfully we have a coach who is very relaxed in dealing with this situation.

"This week, he told me, 'I know what I must do and how we manage it' - Pep knows this very situation from 2010, when Spain became world champions and World Cup stars then barely recovered before returning to Barcelona."

Rummenigge, who starred for West Germany and Bayern in his playing days, also spoke of his own pride at seeing his compatriots lift the World Cup in Brazil.

"I have rarely enjoyed such a tournament like the Brazil one," he continued. "After the final, I was happy because our players were unharmed, unlike Franck Ribery at the Euro 2008 or Arjen Robben at the 2010 World Cup.

"But also because the older players such as Philipp Lahm and Bastian Schweinsteiger finally had the title which they had been working for so meticulously for all these years.

"Germany longs for such heroes, Germany loves such heroes."

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dortmund offer Schweinsteiger singing lessons after offensive chant

429600_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Jul 28, 2014 12:09:00

The Bundesliga outfit have told the Germany midfielder that they accept his apology in the wake of his insulting chants

Borussia Dortmund have accepted Bastian Schweinsteiger's apology in the wake of the Bayern Munich midfielder's offensive chants aimed at BVB and have cheekily offered the Germany star singing lessons in order to improve his vocal abilities.

A video surfaced last week showing Schweinsteiger partaking in a chant featuring the lyrics "BVB sons of b*tches" while celebrating his country's World Cup success, causing uproar among Dortmund fans.

The midfielder consequently offered his apologies and BVB have now made it clear there are no hard feelings toward the 29-year-old Bavarian star.

"Dear Bastian Schweinsteiger," began a statement on the club's official Facebook page starts.

"It is absolutely no problem that you drink a few beers, let off some steam and sing a song without really thinking it through after winning the World Cup.

"We have always seen you as a fair guy. We would never have kicked up a fuss over your chants and we obviously accept your video apology. We wish you a pleasant holiday in Croatia.

"P.S.: It is possible for you to get your singing right. If you need any singing lessons, just let us know. We are happy to help you out."

Dortmund face Bayern for the first time in the forthcoming season on August 13 in the DFL-Pokal - BVB beat Pep Guardiola's men 4-2 in the fixture a year ago.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

We want Reus to become a Dortmund icon - Watzke

437530_heroa.jpg

Jul 30, 2014 11:15:00

The Bundesliga giants have no intention to sell the highly rated attacker amid ongoing reports linking him with a summer transfer

EXCLUSIVE
By Stefan Doring

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has made it clear that the Bundesliga outfit are determined to hold on to Marco Reus and want the Germany international to become a club icon.

Reus has been linked with clubs such as Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Arsenal in the past few months, but Dortmund are not thinking about cashing in on the versatile attacker any time soon.

"Marco is a boy from Dortmund. His feet are on the ground and his heart is in the right place. Despite his success, he decided himself to stay," Watzke said when speaking to Goal after Reus finished 15th in the Goal 50.

"We hope that he becomes an icon in his hometown and that he can look back on many unforgettable moments and titles here at the end of his career.

"He is a worldclass player. He is quick, a real goal-threat and possesses great skills. Plus Marco is a leader."

Reus has a contract with BVB until June 2017, but has a limited fee release clause that allows him to leave for €35 million in the summer of 2015.

The attacker has scored 30 goals in 62 Bundesliga appearances since his return to Dortmund from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2012.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hummels will stay at Dortmund for a long time – Zorc

435331_heroa.jpg

Jul 30, 2014 11:30:00

The BVB chief has shot down all talk of a summer transfer after the World Cup winner was linked with a number of Europe’s biggest clubs

EXCLUSIVE
By Stefan Doring

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has insisted there is no chance of star defender Mats Hummels leaving the club for a long time.

Hummels, who finished 21st in the 2014 Goal 50, is admired by a number of Europe's top clubs following his brilliant performances at the World Cup.

New Manchester United coach Louis van Gaal is a particular fan, but the chances of the 25-year-old moving look slim.

"We did not just find out at the World Cup that Mats Hummels is one of the best centre-backs in the world,” Zorc told Goal while commenting on the player's inclusion in the Goal 50.

“Mats can lead a team, he is superb in building the play and he is a great professional.

“We are happy and also a bit proud that he has decided to commit to BVB for a long time without any conditions."

Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp recently laughed off suggestions that Hummels may join United in a €20 million deal.

"Mats joining Manchester United? For €20 million? For such little money you can forget that immediately!," he sniped.

Hummels, who scored two goals for Germany on their road to World Cup glory this summer, has been at Dortmund since 2008 - winning two Bundesliga titles.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks to Klopp, we're always under pressure - Blaszczykowski

369184_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu
Aug 1, 2014 08:10:00

The former Mainz coach has won two Bundesligas and one DFB-Pokal in his six years at Signal Iduna Park and the Polish winger says his side are now obliged to perform well

Borussia Dortmund winger Jakub Blaszczykowski believes the success they have tasted under Jurgen Klopp increases the pressure on them every year.

The former Mainz boss has delivered two Bundesliga titles, one DFB-Pokal and led his side to the Champions League final during his six years in charge at Signal Iduna Park.

The Poland skipper says that there are more and more expectations on his team-mates with every passing year, thanks principally to the achievements of their head coach.

"After we won two titles, a lot has changed," he told Ruhr Nachrichten.

"In 2007, when I started here, we had no pressure. Finishing fifth of sixth was okay. Now we have to qualify for the Champions League every year as our duty.

"Our success wouldn't have been possible without Klopp. Without passion, quality just isn't enough.

"I'm glad I'm able to play at such a big club. Dortmund is a second home for me and my family and BVB will always be my number one."

Blaszczykowski is set to be fully fit for the start of the 2014-15 campaign after being sidelined since January with a cruciate ligament injury.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sahin to miss Dortmund opener

413073_heroa.jpg

By Alec Fenn
Aug 1, 2014 14:01:00

The 25-year-old left BVB's training camp in Switzerland on Thursday after complaining of pain in his knee

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Nuri Sahin will miss his team's Bundesliga opener due to tendonitis in his knee.

The midfielder left Dortmund's training camp in Switzerland on Thursday to have his knee checked in Munich and the Bundesliga club later confirmed that the Turkey star will miss three weeks of training to recover.

The 25-year-old played 45 minutes in Dortmund's friendly versus Rot-Weiss Essen on July 27 - wearing the captain's armband - but has apparently been struggling with pain in his knee for some time.

The problem will see Sahin miss the DFL-Supercup against Bayern Munich on August 13, as well as Dortmund's DFB-Pokal tie against Stuttgart Kickers two days later.

He will also be on the sidelines for his team's first Bundesliga fixture of the season against Bayer Leverkusen on August 23.

Sahin played 34 Bundesliga matches for Dortmund last term, starting 31 games and scoring two goals.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Immobile must adapt to Dortmund intensity - Klopp

437669_heroa.jpg

By Alec Fenn
Aug 1, 2014 16:29:00

The 24-year-old is tasked with replacing Robert Lewandowski's goal haul and his coach expects a period of adaptation as he gets used to the club's intense training regime

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp says Ciro Immobile is still getting to grips with the intensity of the club's training sessions as he bids to fill Robert Lewandowski's boots.

The 24-year-old signed for the club on a five-year deal from Torino for €19 million following Lewandowski's decision to join Bayern Munich when his deal expired at BVB at the end of last season.

However, Klopp believes Immobile is still undergoing the adaptation process that comes with signing for a new club and noted the differences facing the Italy star from the environment he was used to in Serie A.

He told reporters: "For him, the following applies: He is currently heavily loaded. The extent to which we train is high.

"In addition, he is in a new environment. He must embark on our special sequences that differ significantly from those in Turin from now."

Dortmund defender Neven Subotic is continuing his recovery from a serious knee injury, suffered back in November, but Klopp revealed the 25-year-old is making good progress.

"He came out of the summer break in a superior state; much better than I had hoped for after a long period in which he was gone," said the 47-year-old.

"Of course, he is now heavily burdened by the rehabilitation, but overall he's in a very, very stable condition. He has had up to this point little problems, neither muscular nor other. Neven is in a top way."

Dortmund open their Bundesliga campaign with a home clash against Bayer Leverkusen on August 23.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bender: I'm torturing myself in training to get fit

415483_heroa.jpg

By Martin Macdonald
Aug 2, 2014 12:23:00

The 25-year-old is fighting to get back to 100 per cent after a pelvic injury but has admitted that his new regime is taking its toll

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Sven Bender has claimed that he is going through a rigorous training regime in order to be ready for the new season.

The 25-year-old missed the World Cup due to a pelvic bone inflammation following a season with BVB that saw many of the club's first team stricken down with fitness problems as they finished second in the Bundesliga.

Bender has insisted that he is ready to get back to full fitness, despite the pre-season training schedule taking its toll, and he was happy with the way Jurgen Klopp's men defeated Chievo 1-0 in a friendly on Friday.

"I'm torturing myself throughout training," he told Ruhr Nachrichten. "Now we have begun training intensely.

"My legs are heavy today, but it's all the better that we have beaten Chievo.

"I am now four weeks into my full recovery and it feels very good to be back, even if it is not easy."

Klopp's men defeated the Italian side 1-0 thanks to a strike from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and will face Slask Wroclaw in their next friendly fixture on Wednesday.

Dortmund captain Sebastian Kehl announced at the end of 2013-14 that he will retire at the climax of the 2014-15 campaign and Bender is currently one of the frontrunners to replace the veteran midfielder in this role, having captained BVB during pre-season already.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

No rush decision on Reus from Bayern - Rummenigge

436242_heroa.jpg

By Martin Macdonald
Aug 2, 2014 09:27:00

The chairman of the Bundesliga champions has commented on speculation linking the Dortmund star to his club, suggesting that no move has been made as of yet

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has insisted that no rush decision will be made with regards to their pursuit of Marco Reus.

The Dortmund star has recently been mooted to follow former team-mates Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski to the Allianz Arena having starred for Jurgen Klopp's men for two seasons now.

However, the chairman of the Bavarian side has claimed that no agreement is in place yet and was vague regarding a future bid due to the topsy turvy nature of modern day football.

"I like to give myself a year in advance to make transfer decisions," the 58-year-old told Bild when asked about whether Pep Guardiola's men would bid for Reus. "But this cannot be done in the football of football any more.

"In the past we have tried to clarify our transfers early, but today the philosophy is different."

Reus was tipped to star for Germany at this summer's World Cup in Brazil, but an ankle ligament injury saw the 25-year-old miss the tournament altogether, which Joachim Low's men ultimately won.

The 25-year-old is currently back in training with Dortmund as they prepare for their assault on the Bundesliga in the forthcoming campaign.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga - Wolfsburg to bid €22m for Destro

German newspapers claim Wolfsburg are preparing a €22m bid for Roma striker Mattia Destro.

Aug 2, 2014 FootballItalia

1250223-26995434-2560-1440.jpg

2014, Mattia Destro, AP/LaPresse

This is not the first time the forward has been linked with a move to the Bundesliga, where Ciro Immobile already joined Borussia Dortmund this summer.

According to Bild, Wolfsburg are stepping forward for Destro and are ready to offer €22m.

Roma have been very active on the transfer market this summer, but could risk falling foul of Financial Fair Play unless they also sell.

Adem Ljajic has so far been the favourite to be sold, but Destro could well raise more funds.

Destro was injured for the better part of a year, but last season the 23-year-old scored 13 goals in just 20 Serie A games.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reus going nowhere despite Bayern interest - Watzke

437530_heroa.jpg

By Miles Chambers
Aug 3, 2014 14:38:00

The club's CEO has dismissed suggestions that the attacker, 25, will leave Jurgen Klopp's side this summer and says a contract renewal is possible

Marco Reus will not be leaving Borussia Dortmund for Bayern Munich or anywhere else in the near future, according to club CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke.

The 25-year-old attacker has been continuously linked away from Signal Iduna Park this summer, with his agent claiming many top clubs are vying for the Germany international's signature.

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge suggested that Pep Guardiola's men would not rush into a transfer for Reus, despite many suggesting he would follow Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski from BVB to the Allianz Arena.

And it seems that Reus will be clung on to by Jurgen Klopp for the 2014-15 campaign as the club's chief has claimed that a contract renewal may well be around the corner.

"We have said many times this summer that Reus will not leave," he told Kicker. "Marco will play with us next season.

"There is no possibility that he will play elsewhere. We will try to tie him to our club for longer and we are proceeding with peace of mind that he will renew his deal."

Reus has been with Dortmund since 2012, when he joined for around €17 million, and his current contract runs until June 30, 2017.