• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman is an ignorant finance minister

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those clowns in GIC are paid millions, yet they have only produce 5 percent return over the long term, way below the industry average.

Tharman thinks those millionaire clowns in GIC are fabulous. Tharman is definitely a frog in the well. He should hire people like this trader.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101864683

Sodastream trader makes 3,000% profit in two hours

Was it skill, dumb luck—or something more sinister? That's what traders are asking about a big, longshot bet on Sodastream that returned some 3,000 percent in just two hours.

Two minutes before 10 a.m. ET on Thursday, one options trader bought 500 weekly 30-strike calls in Sodastream for 15 cents each (or $15 per contract, given that each contract controls 100 shares) that expire Friday. It was by far the biggest Sodastream trade of the day in terms of the number of contracts. The purchase gives the trader the right to buy Sodastream shares for $30 at the close of Friday trading. The reason those options were so inexpensive is that the stock was trading at about $29.50 at the time, meaning the chance of the stock closing Friday above $30 was considered to be especially low.

But then, shortly before noon, Bloomberg reported that the company is in talks with an investment firm about taking the company private. After a halt, the stock sailed as high as $36.

The news created an instant windfall for the trader, as these options, which were bought for $7,500, became worth as much as $250,000.

Read More SodaStream reportedly in talks to go private, shares spike

"Prior to the halt, calls had already traded more than two times their average daily volume," commented Dan Nathan of RiskReversal.com. "The fact that the most active option of the day was an out-of-the-money call that expired tomorrow suggests someone knew something, as there were no scheduled events."

The trade, which could end up drawing insider-trading-related scrutiny, joins other recent suspicious options trades, such as the "fishy" action in Puma Biotechnology ahead of that company's announcement of positive test results.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would expect nothing less from the Chosen People, arguably some of the smartest people on the planet.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its definitely criminal insider trading....i mean the gamble is ridiculous,the options they bought were so cheap because it literally expires in 2 days....that means they just bet $7500 that the stock was going to jump up sharply in the next 2 days.....stocks dont do that unless on there was something big on the horizon....its obvious the traders knew what was going on.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its definitely criminal insider trading....i mean the gamble is ridiculous,the options they bought were so cheap because it literally expires in 2 days....that means they just bet $7500 that the stock was going to jump up sharply in the next 2 days.....stocks dont do that unless on there was something big on the horizon....its obvious the traders knew what was going on.

It is not definite insider trading. There are people who trades in this manner.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not definite insider trading. There are people who trades in this manner.

im sorry when u buy a option that expires within 2 days,at the very most u expect the stock to go up or down 1 or 2%....and u make a tiny modest profit(which is very hard to do when u have 500 options that expires in 2 days and cost $7500)......not jump up by $6.....that is something seriously wrong.....and who buys 500 options that expires in 2 days?thats literally suicide....when i buy a call option on citibank,i normally choose 90 days or 180 days or 360 days or more.....because im making a prediction it will go up over the course of time,that is during the next 3 months or 6 months or 12 months....im not gonna make a insane bet that citibank is going to jump up 20%+ in the next 2 days.....if i can do that i must be the hand of God.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im sorry when u buy a option that expires within 2 days,at the very most u expect the stock to go up or down 1 or 2%....and u make a tiny modest profit(which is very hard to do when u have 500 options that expires in 2 days and cost $7500)......not jump up by $6.....that is something seriously wrong.....and who buys 500 options that expires in 2 days?thats literally suicide....when i buy a call option on citibank,i normally choose 90 days or 180 days or 360 days or more.....because im making a prediction it will go up over the course of time,that is during the next 3 months or 6 months or 12 months....im not gonna make a insane bet that citibank is going to jump up 20%+ in the next 2 days.....if i can do that i must be the hand of God.

Just take a look at TSLA and AAPL monthly options for example. Lots of trading going on even on expiry day.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait for the days or weeks when we can start on that yumsengs and singing dancing on table tops and streets

THEN WE WATCH THE HOOTING START

AND WE FINISH BY DANGLING ALL THOSE PAPs AND THEIR COLLABORATORS WITH PIANO WIRES UNDER LAMP POSTS FOR THEM TO DANCE
OR GARLAND THEM WITH BURNING CAR TYRES SO THEY CAN INCARNATE AS BLOWFLIES OR TICKS OR BEDBUGS

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait for the days or weeks when we can start on that yumsengs and singing dancing on table tops and streets

THEN WE WATCH THE HOOTING START

AND WE FINISH BY DANGLING ALL THOSE PAPs AND THEIR COLLABORATORS WITH PIANO WIRES UNDER LAMP POSTS FOR THEM TO DANCE
OR GARLAND THEM WITH BURNING CAR TYRES SO THEY CAN INCARNATE AS BLOWFLIES OR TICKS OR BEDBUGS

Hang all those PAP bastards from piano wires, upside down or right way up.

image-6-for-dictators-meet-their-demise-gallery-813635594.jpg