• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SingTel & StarHub to ban Android Internet TV box.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might as well say the time is up for Smart phones too, anyone can hook up an android phone and use it as a set top box, then what?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parallel importing without the telcos getting their pound of flesh is always a crime.

Don't you already know the modus operandi of the PAP govt by now? If it isn't licensed, it's illegal because the govt doesn't get a cut of the cash. :wink:

Yes the whole basis of govt is based on taxes n cream off........... they dun do anything productive
So your hv GLC, TLC following their fucking example!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes it's illegal if the copyright owners file lawsuits here in Sinkieland.

Take for example Hongkong's TVB.

Some of its most recent TVB drama series haven't been licensed to authorized Sinkie distributors.

If someone streams the most recent TVB drama series to their home through their Android set top boxes, they are in breach of both copyright and broadcasting rights.

There're no way to stream paid tv channels and anyway, the onus of protecting the rights of the contents fall on the owner's lap. Tell me how the android box can stream TVB paid channels if it is protected by their technology and no descrambling or thieving is done?

Hulu and Pandora are just two examples. They can protect their contents anyway they can, but if it is on the internet, it can be streamed. Unless they make it paid by membership. Then no one can stream, if they're not registered. Streaming is different from downloading the whole fucking movie onto your hard disk. That's why streaming can never be illegal. It is just impossible to stop, if the content is already available on the internet.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes it's illegal if the copyright owners file lawsuits here in Sinkieland.

Take for example Hongkong's TVB.

Some of its most recent TVB drama series haven't been licensed to authorized Sinkie distributors.

If someone streams the most recent TVB drama series to their home through their Android set top boxes, they are in breach of both copyright and broadcasting rights.

Parliament recently passed the amended Copyright Act. When it becomes effective in October this year and foreign copyright owners file lawsuits here, the time is up for Android set top boxes.

You could just log onto dozen of websites to see current TVB series. TVB can spend lots of money to protect their copyrights with little success or just live with the new environment and find a way to monetize from it.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laws maybe cannot suka suka change everytime la....that will be too unsophisticated.
Pappies can interprete the law anyhow they like to their benefit....
When they have pet kangaroos to control everything this is what happens to the law.
Judicial review indeed....you have more blind faith than CHC zombies haha
You forgot about the teleportation into the voting center?

You like to mix all sorts of scenarios into one fucking big rojak pile, that only serves to project fear and more fear, even though
the laws never say it is illegal, even if they choose to interpret the laws to their advantage, it can be challenged. Teleportation stupid matter can be fought and raised up till kingdom cometh, it is just cos the weak of heart cannot go the extra mile to expose it and expose it with self-immolation or some shooting down of airplanes. Dun blame the faithful if your faith is weak.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You like to mix all sorts of scenarios into one fucking big rojak pile, that only serves to project fear and more fear, even though
the laws never say it is illegal, even if they choose to interpret the laws to their advantage, it can be challenged. Teleportation stupid matter can be fought and raised up till kingdom cometh, it is just cos the weak of heart cannot go the extra mile to expose it and expose it with self-immolation or some shooting down of airplanes. Dun blame the faithful if your faith is weak.

When they declare it illegal then I hope to see you fight it and try to win.
It's not fear mongering or self intimidation....whatever pappy says in illegal goes...it's just a fact of life in sinkieland.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you can still buy it off the web. You can declare it illegal all you want. If the dam is leaking all over, one finger will not plug the holes. They never learn, do they?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When they declare it illegal then I hope to see you fight it and try to win.
It's not fear mongering or self intimidation....whatever pappy says in illegal goes...it's just a fact of life in sinkieland.

More fear mongering from you. Tell me how they can make it illegal. As I've said, they complain about the android box, but frankly, only the internet challenged goons will buy the android box from those piranhas @ sim lim square. I can watch all the tv channels on the internet of the whole fucking world on my TV any day any time if I choose to, without that dumb android box.

In any case, Starhub and Singtel do not make the laws. They can complain all they like. They'll only make themselves look like fucked up fools, just like you. Also, IDA can just administer the existing laws and only the relevant Ministry can debate the laws in parliament. You think suka suka change the laws or amend the laws? It's the blindness and stupidity of gong cheebyes like you that give tacit approval for schemers to manipulate the laws without objection.....because you're oredi defeated before the laws are ever changed. This is how fucked up you really are, gong cheebye of the highest order!!!

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal
This reminds back to the time when the singtel ceo talk about charging people using whatsapp which cause lesser people using SMS. Don't know how to innovate but often find ways to squeeze more money out of their own customers.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lidat oso mus ban Iphone, Andriod phone, pc, macbook, Ipad...moi hab a better idea...y not we ban de fucking papies? All problem solve...:biggrin::biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Once upon a time, when Napster first came out, the recording industries raged and raved against piracy and used legal action to shut it down.

After that, came forth plenty of P2P file sharing software, all of which became the precursor to digital content downloads (e.g. Steam, iTunes, Netflix).

The middlemen are always made redundant as technology evolves. Legal action is the last refuge of the helpless. It achieves nothing and merely delays the inevitable. :wink:

Yeah rent-seekers like middlemen are the scum of society. Always making use of market inefficiencies, protectionism, human ignorance, and legal loopholes to milk the rest of mankind. Fortunately, technology is our salvage. I don't see artists, actors, content producers being pushed out of existence by technology. On the contrary, the creative brains and the artists are adapting to the times. It is the old-style monopolists and rent-seekers who are being squeezed, and that is surely good for all of humanity.

Fuck these bags of scum and poo!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying the android TV set box is not illegal. Watching the streaming content is not illegal either. The box does not unscramble any proprietary signal or steals content. Singtel and Starhub has nothing to do with this. It is just a PC that receives streaming content from the Internet.

Sure some of the content is meant for subscribers and has copyright but it falls within the realm of unenforceable action. Who is going to enforce it? IDA coming to your house seizing it and sending to the lab to find out which streaming content has copyright. The box owner can claim that he only watch free content. This is not like Radio and TV licence where if you own a working radio orTV , via geography you are required to pay. Very enforceable.

This is not the cable TV set top box which is a dead give away that you have intent to steal content as the access is encrypted.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More fear mongering from you. Tell me how they can make it illegal. As I've said, they complain about the android box, but frankly, only the internet challenged goons will buy the android box from those piranhas @ sim lim square. I can watch all the tv channels on the internet of the whole fucking world on my TV any day any time if I choose to, without that dumb android box.

In any case, Starhub and Singtel do not make the laws. They can complain all they like. They'll only make themselves look like fucked up fools, just like you. Also, IDA can just administer the existing laws and only the relevant Ministry can debate the laws in parliament. You think suka suka change the laws or amend the laws? It's the blindness and stupidity of gong cheebyes like you that give tacit approval for schemers to manipulate the laws without objection.....because you're oredi defeated before the laws are ever changed. This is how fucked up you really are, gong cheebye of the highest order!!!

Fucktard you are losing the plot.
Please re read my post before you jump around like a mad dog.
My point is vile pappies can declare anything illegal if they want to....to benefit themselves.....it's always been like that.
You insist its not ILLEEGAL....and announce your blind faith in pappy going by the book with the law....and thinking you have a say in this.... that's plain gong cheebye because reality check your case however strong dun worth shit because pappies own the telcos and the kangaroos.
Pappies does what is best for themselves.

Bottomline....Me not bother to argue with you legal or illegal got more merits....me am sure pappies can declare illegal anytime to safeguard their interests. Me lost whatever faith with kangaroos in charge. Me just waiting to see show how they enforce when/if declared illeegal. You can carry on suck thumb harping on your faith in going against the pappy law and judiciary review

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clear cut case - Android box not illegal.

Recent Strait Times report quoted lawyers saying no law covering it.

If they want to make it illegal, they have to pass a new law.

For now, not illegal.