• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia will not implement RM50 entry fee for Singapore Cars

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of thrash talk across the causeway recently - the only reason being the need to appear patriotic and "protecting their people".

I have a colleague who asks me about Iskandar investment all the time and when Najib came out with his RM50 talk the other day, this colleague was similing ear to ear. In the end i found out he actually invested most of his money in bonds. I told him for his risk profile, he should give Iskandar a miss.

So the most likely scenario: MY will proceed to implement RM50 fee, businesses suffer, interest groups start lobbying, the plan gets dropped after a few months, or the fee gets reduced.

Second most likely scenario: Singapore give some concession, adjust the fees or make some exceptions... MY win back some face and back out of their thrash talked plans.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of thrash talk across the causeway recently - the only reason being the need to appear patriotic and "protecting their people".

I have a colleague who asks me about Iskandar investment all the time and when Najib came out with his RM50 talk the other day, this colleague was similing ear to ear. In the end i found out he actually invested most of his money in bonds. I told him for his risk profile, he should give Iskandar a miss.

So the most likely scenario: MY will proceed to implement RM50 fee, businesses suffer, interest groups start lobbying, the plan gets dropped after a few months, or the fee gets reduced.

Second most likely scenario: Singapore give some concession, adjust the fees or make some exceptions... MY win back some face and back out of their thrash talked plans.

Invest in Iskandar..???

LKY said at the stroke of a pen, they can take it all back as the land is theirs..

Most of us forgot about the CLOB saga, where the prince has a hand in wanting to take your investment at 10% value.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Invest in Iskandar..???

LKY said at the stroke of a pen, they can take it all back as the land is theirs..

Most of us forgot about the CLOB saga, where the prince has a hand in wanting to take your investment at 10% value.

10% also dun have. A relative lost S$250K in clob and never recover from it.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
10% also dun have. A relative lost S$250K in clob and never recover from it.

Tikam pbank during e clob saga...best tikam ever.
My uneducated mum told my dad stop buying clob shares, afraid that Dr M will close down e clob, few days later..it happened.

Remembered all auntie, uncles are 赌神! during tat time

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well, we shall see about that.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

By allowing them to work freely in Singapore, it is already protecting them.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Invest in Iskandar..???

I lost money in CLOB n properties ard that time//////// who wants to stick his neck out again???