• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IPPT failure 3SG Lim to vote for PAP.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I WILL VOTE FOR PAP BECAUSE I AM SO HAPPY THAT IPPT IS REDUCED TO 3 STATIONS!

I want to share with you that I am really happy that the MINDEF finally changes the IPPT stations. I am a very fit guy, I love running but I always fail my standing broad jump. I always feel that standing broad jump does not equate to my body fitness at all and it is a stupid station because even fit people will fail standing broad jump. If you have longer legs you jump further, thats all! Seriously, I have never understood how standing broad jump is a test of fitness. So you can jump like a frog, well hooray for you I guess, but I know so many other guys who are as strong as a bull but can't jump far enough to pass the station. I also never got the point of shuttle run, you run to and fro like a headless chicken for... what again? There is the 2.4km run to test both your stamina and speed anyways

I think its a good change, because under the old system, just because I fail standing broad jump, I fail overall, and people think I'm not fit.

"Now that standing broad jump is gone, I'm quite sure I can get at least a silver. I am glad that the PAP government is also listening to us NSman because honestly NSman is really discriminated in the workforce with all the reservists and if you still fail your IPPT you still must go for RT. I lost my first job because my boss told me that they prefer to hire a foreigner since they don't have to pay for my CPF as well as they are able to commit more to the work project on task since they won't suddenly disappear like me to attend Reservists or RT.

I think NS men should be very happy! I will definitely cast my vote for the PAP in the next election because it shows that the government really did listened to us average Singaporeans.

According to Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen, he believes that "This new format will make it simpler for NS men to train for IPPT, and for more to pass. Many other militaries use 3-station tests to keep their forces fit."

Furthermore, the new test will not require a NS men to meet a passing mark in order to pass the test.

Minister Ng Eng Hen said: "We will also have more age bands and a new scoring system. Instead of a pass mark for each station, points will be awarded and the combined points from the 3 stations will be used. This way, soldiers can make up through more sit-ups, if they are weak in push-ups and running, or vice versa. There’s a limit to how much you can make up, but I like this counting system because it encourages NSmen to max out on each station and it plays to the individual’s strengths."

This is very good because I can use my 2.4km fast running skills to compensate for my weaker stations such as sit-ups.

I can't find any flaws in this new IPPT system except for praises.

Good job MINDEF!

Good job Singapore government!

Orgasm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another stupid clock emerged just because IPPT stations are reduced to 3 and wanted to cast his vote for the Pee ah Pee in 2016. Sinkies are really easy to get con, especially the 60.1

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another stupid clock emerged just because IPPT stations are reduced to 3 and wanted to cast his vote for the Pee ah Pee in 2016. Sinkies are really easy to get con, especially the 60.1

Broad is a very important aspect of the test and I sad to see MINDEF took it out. Army needs to jump and many times it is just standing broad jump because there is no room and no time for the soldier to back off and jump in a fire fight. That applies to police and even gangsters.

I remember about 40 years ago when I was in the N.S. I always top the camp in standing broad jump. That was also in school.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This 3SG Lim could be a troll and not a real person. Just saying.

If you have longer legs you jump further

Nope. But then again you profess to want to vote for the PAP, so ignorance from you isn't a surprise.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, most of the IPPT failures are from the 2.4km run. Most give up at the start and take about 18 minutes to walk the entire distance. Others tried to run but gave up at around 1.5km.

SBJ failures are a very select minority.

The annoying thing about IPPT is RT. 20 sessions? Really?

If you attempt IPPT three times and still fail, you don't get the money. Is that not 'punishment' enough? Why force the people who fail to go through the disruptive and degrading RT (or IPT)? So what if you get a marginal increase in the number of people who pass IPPT after RT sessions? Do you honestly think you are 'operationally ready' to fight a war because of that? :rolleyes:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is a war in Singapore, Singaporean male will all be dead.

NS and Ministry of Defence is all about big money transfer from government to their preferred contractor. It is never about defending Nation. Look,like the physically defending of nation, this part we have outsource to USA. We had been buying every shit weapon from F16 to their JSF.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP is sucking hundreds of thousands out of him and he doesn't mind at all. He is so happy and will vote for the PAP because the HEN made it easier for him to pass IPPT.

Looks like the HEN is smarter than this guy.