• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP MP says he is not in active politics

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY said "I did what I thought was right".

Isn't that total crap? He did what was right for him, not for the sinkapore. He knew that sinkapore's survival would be tough as it has no resources. But that didn't bother him because he wanted to be chief honcho. If he couldn't rule Malaysia, he would rule sinkapore. So, he engineered the departure of sinkapore.
LKY took a gamble with the lives of millions of sinkees. It was lucky that he succeeded BUT ...we are now facing the constraints of a tiny island. That's why we can't progress any further. From high growth, we now have to settle for 2 percent!

Let history show that as the truth. Enough of LKY's bullshits.

Tel that to hades, the good n evil deeds book holds all his undoing.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spin. Old fart is a good spinner. And he was pro-US when there was a fear of communism in Southeast Asia.

Yes, the supporter of the "dominoes effect"....China, was the communist evil at that time...now PRC is now, 'our brother', our 'countrymen"....what a difference MONEY makes.! Have this not being repeated throughout Chinese history? & it will continue to repeat...:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the supporter of the "dominoes effect"....China, was the communist evil at that time...now PRC is now, 'our brother', our 'countrymen"....what a difference MONEY makes.! Have this not being repeated throughout Chinese history? & it will continue to repeat...:rolleyes:

Not really surprising when you look at his resume. Worked for the Japanese. Worked with the communist until he betrayed them. Same thing with other activists, nationalists,....

He has simply been looking after his own interests.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have great respect for LKY. He single handedly built the country from swampland to first world Metropolis.

Without him, we'd be no better off than the rest of SEA.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without LKY, singapore would have been like a Hong Kong with Malays......

is HK any worse than Singapore?

In fact, they are happier and even have higher salaries.......

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Agree.

Here, the endless flow of migrants are depressing wages !!:mad:

They are not depressing wages. What migrants do is keep Singapore competitive.

If foreigners were not allowed in, the resulting labour shortage would result in wages skyrocketing without a corresponding increase productivity and companies would soon find business overheads would be far too high for businesses to remain viable.

They'd move their operations elsewhere and Singapore Inc would collapse and never recover. The resulting mass unemployment would cause widespread unrest and the country would descend back to 3rd world status.

The property market would crumble and the homes you paid $400,000 for would end up worthless.

You should all thank your lucky stars that you have a government that understands what it takes to keep an economy vibrant.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
984158_785166031533749_7956530433981508571_n.jpg
i can agree "that's finished, done. i move forward" but never ever "you keep on harking back, it's just wasting time".

if 1 dun look back and reflect then it shows that such an individual has an inflated sense of his importance, thinks he is always right. even a donkey, a monkey, an ant can make new discovery by looking into the past, the history, its experience.

come to think of it, maybe mr rabbid goh ms aka i-am-always-right aka i-always-have-the-last-word is trying to emulate old white scum? he seems to repeat "i have no regret" more often these days.........

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder his ward has so many beggers. Poor old people have to beg on the streets because their million dollar MP is not active :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The day LKY is being inactive in politics is when his body has assumed room temperature.

He is the embodiment, the personification of politics. A very bad brand of politics Singaporeans had to put up with.

Just die already, I want my special holiday. :rolleyes:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dedicated to lee con you at chinatown constituency

[video=youtube;tXCwHGqxVLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCwHGqxVLU[/video]

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have great respect for LKY. He single handedly built the country from swampland to first world Metropolis.

Without him, we'd be no better off than the rest of SEA.

There's no LKY in Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan. Are the people in these countries worse off than the rest of SEA?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has given his life for a successful Singapore?
What is success? Where locals have to fight tooth and nail with foreigners from jobs to hospital beds to subway trains?
Did he build up the country all by himself?
What the Fcuk.