• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking NEWS: New IPPT System. No more chin-up

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Army has completed their review for the new IPPT. Instead of the current five, there will be 3 stations – 2.4km run, sit-ups and push-ups.

This new format will make it simpler for NSmen to train for IPPT, and for more to pass. Many other militaries use 3-station tests to keep their forces fit.

We will also have more age bands and a new scoring system. Instead of a pass mark for each station, points will be awarded and the combined points from the 3 stations will be used. This way, soldiers can make up through more sit-ups, if they are weak in push-ups and running, or vice versa. There’s a limit to how much you can make up, but I like this counting system because it encourages NSmen to max out on each station and it plays to the individual’s strengths.

Pass Mark? For NSFs, Regulars and Awards, about the same as before. For NSmen, some adjustments based on past data.

Even though the new IPPT is simpler to train for, it will still take effort and regular exercise to pass. And that’s the idea – keeping healthy and fit should be a lifestyle and it’s good for you. We expect more to pass the new IPPT, as a result. Look out for training apps and programmes to help you.

Chief of Army Perry Lim will provide more details tomorrow.

- Ng Eng Hen

From His Facebook Page

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Definitely less angst with the new system.

Back in my time, chin-ups were the biggest killer for overweight recruits, even more so than the 2.4 km run. Most of the fatsos couldn't even do a single chin-up, but could run 2.4 km under 11 min. For reservists who don't have time to train, the 2.4 km is the one that sends them to RT every year.

And then I knew one joker who could get 5 points in every category but couldn't pass standing broad jump.:smile:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever. NS has lost all its meaning after this island has been overrun by foreign pests of all kinds.

The IPPT is an annual annoyance, doesn't matter if you pass or fail it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Definitely less angst with the new system.

Back in my time, chin-ups were the biggest killer for overweight recruits, even more so than the 2.4 km run. Most of the fatsos couldn't even do a single chin-up, but could run 2.4 km under 11 min. For reservists who don't have time to train, the 2.4 km is the one that sends them to RT every year.

And then I knew one joker who could get 5 points in every category but couldn't pass standing broad jump.:smile:

SBJ requires good buttock and calf muscles, and a good technique.

Hint: there's no point swinging your arms wildly like a monkey before you jump.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i was a NSF, passing with a silver was a breeze. after ROD and going to work, party and entertaining all day long, i can hardly pass my 2.4km and chin-up.

Whatever. NS has lost all its meaning after this island has been overrun by foreign pests of all kinds.

The IPPT is an annual annoyance, doesn't matter if you pass or fail it.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SBJ requires good buttock and calf muscles, and a good technique.

Good technique is half the battle won. Some flexibility helps – allows you to stretch your legs in front with your trunk flexed low. I observed this in sec sch where my friend consistently topped 3 m despite being only 1.68 m tall. And courage: many of us are afraid of pushing off hard for fear of landing on our faces.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They sould have 4 stations, 2.4k run, push-ups, chin-ups and fuck -ups. One could fail the first 3 stations but still garner enough points at the last one to pass the IPPT.

The Army has completed their review for the new IPPT. Instead of the current five, there will be 3 stations – 2.4km run, sit-ups and push-ups.

- Ng Eng Hen

From His Facebook Page

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i was a NSF, passing with a silver was a breeze. after ROD and going to work, party and entertaining all day long, i can hardly pass my 2.4km and chin-up.

When I was a kid in school, I could easily get NAPFA gold. My favourite station was the sit and reach, I had a flexible body and could easily reach beyond my toes. Not sure why they scrapped it in IPPT.

It's important to put exercise time into your schedule and make it part of your lifestyle. Treat it as a form of entertainment or meditation time to clear your head. Don't just exercise for the sake of passing IPPT. Fuck the IPPT, and have pride in your own body.

I'll keep doing chin ups because I want a V-shape torso and upper body strength. Chin ups or pull ups are one of the best bodyweight compound exercises, no gym machine can replace it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They sould have 4 stations, 2.4k run, push-ups, chin-ups and fuck -ups. One could fail the first 3 stations but still garner enough points at the last one to pass the IPPT.

All those who failed the static stations will be put into a wrestling ring. Last man standing will be considered as having passed his IPPT.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was a kid in school, I could easily get NAPFA gold. My favourite station was the sit and reach, I had a flexible body and could easily reach beyond my toes. Not sure why they scrapped it in IPPT.

It's important to put exercise time into your schedule and make it part of your lifestyle. Treat it as a form of entertainment or meditation time to clear your head. Don't just exercise for the sake of passing IPPT. Fuck the IPPT, and have pride in your own body.

I'll keep doing chin ups because I want a V-shape torso and upper body strength. Chin ups or pull ups are one of the best bodyweight compound exercises, no gym machine can replace it.

Chin ups are also good for the abdominal muscles, arms, triceps, shoulders.
good for posture too

J92bNp

Alfrescian
Loyal

NSF should get gold. Silver and below is for those unfit soldiers.