• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking NEWS: New IPPT System. No more chin-up

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Inconvenient Personal Precious Time

The FT's are laughing themselves hoarse reading this....& all the PR's too...they do not have IPPT to worry about & freedom to earn, every cent, 24/7 365 days a year...while the "privileged" SINgaporeans, have to go reservists & IPPT... ha ha ha ha...what a joke!!!

My foreigner colleagues & PR in the place of work, used to laugh at me, for my reservist, in-camp reporting, IPPT, I feel so PRIVILEGED that I had became a PARIAH in my own country....:p

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only station that is still valid is 2.4 km.
forget about how muscular your arms is
forget about those silly sit up
in time of war,your survival depend on
how fast you run away,as quick as possible
tonychat will protect singapore because got many of his fellow citizens working here

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I wonder what they'll do with their high tech state-of-the-art equipment for chin ups, shuttle run and standing broad jump? They must have invested a lot of money, with all those fancy sensors and LED displays. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the only station that is still valid is 2.4 km.
forget about how muscular your arms is
forget about those silly sit up
in time of war,your survival depend on
how fast you run away,as quick as possible
tonychat will protect singapore because got many of his fellow citizens working here

Yeah, we can learn a thing or two from Mas Selamat. Let the gong kias report for patriotic duty in a war. They want to be like Yue Fei that's their business.

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
7 out of 10 fail the IPPT. That's why they are lowering the standards.

The war now will be fought with computers so ah gua peng is okay.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed. But was happy they took out shuttle run. The older you get the worst it is for joints and shuttle run is rubbish

If you play tennis or badminton regularly, shuttle run is a piece of cake. In fact, the footwork and braking in shuttle run is almost identical with those racquet sports.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed. But was happy they took out shuttle run. The older you get the worst it is for joints and shuttle run is rubbish

some ppl have problems bending down and picking up the block and you have to stop really quick obviously the running part is ok. ya some ppl with joint problems probably would find that difficult.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you play tennis or badminton regularly, shuttle run is a piece of cake. In fact, the footwork and braking in shuttle run is almost identical with those racquet sports.

he means some ppl la usually older ppl. You play basketball or football also shuttle run is a piece of cake in fact if you do exercices that make you react quickly and turn fast etc you can do it easily.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some ppl have problems bending down and picking up the block and you have to stop really quick obviously the running part is ok. ya some ppl with joint problems probably would find that difficult.

Shuttle run involves lunging and twisting movements that you see in badminton and squash. Puts a lot of impact on the knee and ankle joints. Over many years it predisposes a person to osteoarthritis of the knee and ankle.

I think chin-ups should stay. You need upper body flexor strength (lats dorsi, teres major, rear deltoids, biceps) to rapel, scale walls, climb rock surfaces which are required in basic combat skills.

Also, training with push-ups alone – upper body extensor strength (pecs major/minor, triceps, front deltoids) – will lead to unbalanced upper body development.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imo, having balls is the most important. So what if can do 20 chin-ups, 8 min for 2.414km etc. Marksman also no use if no balls.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shuttle run involves lunging and twisting movements that you see in badminton and squash. Puts a lot of impact on the knee and ankle joints. Over many years it predisposes a person to osteoarthritis of the knee and ankle.

I think chin-ups should stay. You need upper body flexor strength (lats dorsi, teres major, rear deltoids, biceps) to rapel, scale walls, climb rock surfaces which are required in basic combat skills.

Also, training with push-ups alone – upper body extensor strength (pecs major/minor, triceps, front deltoids) – will lead to unbalanced upper body development.

aiyah the point is just to pass the test the rest you have to train yourself.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As you get older, the only exercise one do is PCC, that strengthen the wrist & arm muscle, not to mention a certain muscle. The other exercise would be humping...:biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The shuttle run and the SBJ are silly exercises that our armed forces inherited from the colonial era. Those exercises were design for British athletes and coopted into the British military. Our SAF copied them wholesale without considering whether they serve any use in the military context. The answer: they don't.

In the battlefield you need guts first and endurance second. Agree with Goldendragon that if no balls you are useless no matter how physically fit. The battlefield is 95% mental and 5% physical.

We should adopt the standard physical test used for most militaries and special ops forces worldwide: Have a 1.5 mile run (that's your 2.4 click), sit ups, push ups and chin ups.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As you get older, the only exercise one do is PCC, that strengthen the wrist & arm muscle, not to mention a certain muscle. The other exercise would be humping...:biggrin:

You'll be surprised that tennis and badminton, being social sports, allows you to mingle with the ladies which may lead to some happy time.

Another good activity is ballroom dancing.