• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are there laws to contain religious organizations from getting too big?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When they get too big, corruption usually sets in.

The Catholic Church has pedophiles for priests. City Harvest Church has Kong Hee.

I think we should set up laws such that religious organizations when their combined assets is more than for example $10 million dollars, the excess money must be distributed to recognized charitable organizations.

Religious organizations do not exist for wealth accumulations. They should be forced to do some charity work when they get too rich.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Religious organizations do not exist for wealth accumulations.

What planet are you from??? :rolleyes: Of course religious organisations exist for wealth accumulation. That has been the sole purpose of organised religion from the dawn to time.

You really need to climb out of your bubble so you know what goes on in the real world.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All religious organizations serve to take your money and time (usually both), for the assurance of a wondrous life after death as promised by their respective religious doctrines.

Donation box in a mosque or temple... they all serve the same purpose.

Did you also not notice that plenty of believers also cheerfully volunteer for free in churches, temples and mosques? In the secular world, try getting people to work for multiple hours, week after week, even on weekends, with no pay. See if there's no rebellion against that. :rolleyes:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they get too big, corruption usually sets in..
let's work on how to limit the white scums from getting anymore bigger then think of ways to cut off its arms and legs so that true pink singaporeans and their children can breath free again ok?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
All religious organizations serve to take your money and time (usually both), for the assurance of a wondrous life after death as promised by their respective religious doctrines.
that sounds almost identical to what the white scums are.......

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's work on how to limit the white scums from getting anymore bigger then think of ways to cut off its arms and legs so that true pink singaporeans and their children can breath free again ok?

Totally agree with you, Temples, Mosques and Churches dont point a Gun to say you must donate
you give on your own free will.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Donation box in a mosque or temple... they all serve the same purpose.

Did you also not notice that plenty of believers also cheerfully volunteer for free in churches, temples and mosques? In the secular world, try getting people to work for multiple hours, week after week, even on weekends, with no pay. See if there's no rebellion against that. :rolleyes:

Agree. It also forces you to be compliant with their norms and mores. You dont see church goers smoking in church. You dont hear devotees in temples kpkb and knn here and there etc. It is a powerful tool.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all organisations and corporations are a form of religion or cult......if u work for Google or Apple or Microsoft,u will notice a form of fanaticism among the employees and corporate culture where employees believe in whatever it is they are doing or the ideology or vision is the best to the point where they will even ignore any feelings of doubt or misgivings or guilt about any wrongdoing that might arise in the course of duty......

PAP is a religion,Hitlerism is a religion.we are surrounded by religion......HEIL KUAN YEW!!!!

jw5

Loyal
Yes, always watch out for the overbearing, manipulative yet needy wannabe leader................................... :wink:

all organisations and corporations are a form of religion or cult......if u work for Google or Apple or Microsoft,u will notice a form of fanaticism among the employees and corporate culture where employees believe in whatever it is they are doing or the ideology or vision is the best to the point where they will even ignore any feelings of doubt or misgivings or guilt about any wrongdoing that might arise in the course of duty......

PAP is a religion,Hitlerism is a religion.we are surrounded by religion......HEIL KUAN YEW!!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. It also forces you to be compliant with their norms and mores. You dont see church goers smoking in church. You dont hear devotees in temples kpkb and knn here and there etc. It is a powerful tool.

I have attended a couple of wedding dinners where no alcohol was served because both the bride and the groom were hardcore Christians. :rolleyes:

Not a big deal for me, I downsized the ang pow money accordingly. :wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Political parties too

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have attended a couple of wedding dinners where no alcohol was served because both the bride and the groom were hardcore Christians. :rolleyes:

I would do the same. Years ago, I made the mistake of requesting then to buy duty free cigs when they return from overseas. Kena long lecture. KNNA.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

agreed. its all a con job. a waste of time and money to benefit paedophiles, con men and crooks masquerading as clergymen, pastors, monks, ulamaks, etc. ALL stupid people does so because of fear and greed. greed because of empty promise of heavens and virgins....... end up heavens and virgins ONLY for these paedophiles, con men and crooks . fark them all

jw5

Loyal
Why go in the first place? :biggrin: