• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigner in sg: I work more than 12hrs and always get told that i can be sent home

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]FOREIGNER IN SG: I WORK MORE THAN 12HRS AND ALWAYS GET TOLD THAT I CAN BE SENT HOME[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
21 Jul 2014 - 1:03pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am a foreign worker living in Singapore. I recently receive a warning letter from my boss for coming late to work. I have already been working 12 hours every day and always go back late due to the need to arrange all the merchandise booking to store. It also takes an additional 1 hour to close door after working hours. Technically, working more than 12 hours is illegal as I am taking a fixed pay and my boss ask me not to tell anything to MOM or else he will cancel my visa and send me back home.

On top of the warning letter, my boss also cut $700 from my salary for causing a minor bump accident on the road. I told him I can't work 12 hours anymore because it is causing me to be very tired as I do not have enough sleep at night.

Then yesterday I receieve this warning letter (see photo below):

Ah7og0W.jpg

I feel very stress at work because I always get threatened to be sent home if my performance is not good. But working 12 hours is not right.

I have to write a 500 words reflections to tell my boss why I am late and also why I caused the accident the other day on the road. I feel like writing all this down in the reflections but I can't because I am afraid I will get sent home to my home country.

I really want to earn money in Singapore.
What should I do The Real Singapore?

Sincerely,
Anonymous Sad TRS reader

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Foreigner in sg: I work more than 12hrs and always get told that i can be sent ho

good job employer, never let ah neh to have too much free time and energy. they will either rape or post online as white man to get free sex.
i will buy you a tiger.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreigner in sg: I work more than 12hrs and always get told that i can be sent ho

"I feel very stress at work because I always get threatened to be sent home if my performance is not good. But working 12 hours is not right.

I have to write a 500 words reflections to tell my boss why I am late and also why I caused the accident the other day on the road. I feel like writing all this down in the reflections but I can't because I am afraid I will get sent home to my home country."

Cheaters like you are best sent home where you can also make decent living by cheating....& raping!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Cheaters like you are best sent home where you can also make decent living by cheating....& raping!

Please do not quote the whole post unnecessarily as it makes reading the forum that much more tedious for everyone else.

I have edited your post to remove the quote.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Workplaces with a punch card system are, in all honesty, not very pleasant places to work in. It reflects the mindset of the management. I consider it a red flag.

Your threshold for employer's oppression may be higher depending on your personality and the amount of remuneration to compensate for such indignity. :wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Workplaces with a punch card system are, in all honesty, not very pleasant places to work in. It reflects the mindset of the management. I consider it a red flag.

Without the punch card system, he would have got away with his tardy attitude.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Match made for heaven.

Local employer who wants cheap employee, but drives dangerously and comes in late often.

Foreign worker who needs a job that pays more than his own shitty homeland.