• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Open letter from a singaporean political refugee, ho juan thai

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's not an argument it's a fact and almost every government website I've surveyed emphasises this point and contains a reminder that passports can be withdrawn at any time.

Understood. I thought you were arguing that because passport legally belongs to the state, the state can arbitrarily withdraw the entitlements without due process

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Understood. I thought you were arguing that because passport legally belongs to the state, the state can arbitrarily withdraw the entitlements without due process

Yes that is what I am saying. Take the UK for example... https://www.gov.uk/british-passport-eligibility

Having British nationality doesn’t guarantee you a passport. For example, you may not get a new passport (or your existing passport may be taken from you) if:

• you’re suspected of a serious crime and an arrest warrant has been issued
  • a court order stops you having a UK passport or restricts your travel
  • you’re on bail and bail conditions mean you can’t leave the UK
  • you’ve been brought back to the UK before at the government’s expense and haven’t repaid what you owe
  • you’ve received a European Union or United Nations order which restricts your travel
A passport can also be cancelled or not renewed if it’s for a child and there’s a court order in place stopping the child from leaving the UK.
Your eligibility and entitlement to a British passport will be considered when you apply.

Notice the words "for example" and "may" which is frequently used by the Pappies when drafting rules and regulations. They obviously learned this tactic from their former white masters.

What is means is that if someone in the home office does not want you to have a passport, then it will be very difficult for you to get one.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a farce.The MIW has been dishing out PRs and Sinkee citizenships to foreigners like toilet paper and here our true blue native Singaporean was deprived of his Singapore Citizen and Passport for more than 30 years.
KNNCCB to the MIW !!!
Retribution to the MIW !!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You must be gullible to believe this government. Every citizen has the right to leave and enter this country if they have not committed any crime or they do not pose a security threat. Why should it be a privilege.

This is the same bullshit I keep hearing about dual citizenship forbidden by law.

There is no law that says that it is privilege for getting a passport and that you must bend down and thank the Minister of Home Affairs for giving you a passport.

The word privilege has been happily used by the PAP for the last 2 decades. It does mean it is right. You have no right to enter the Istana but that privilege might be extended to you. Can you tell the difference now.

proof it then, dun just talk!!!!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is valuing too much entry to sinkapore. He can always meet his family in Johor lah. Sinkee citizenship is too cheap to be afforded such high value by this refugee. After spending so long outside sinkapore, he should just embrace Britain as his new home. To hell with sinkapore.

Yeah don't know why he want to come back after so long. I think he doesn't know Spore today is so different from the past. Maybe his elderly family members cannot travel at all and he misses them.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both you and Scroobal fighting in different boxing rings or what? Scroobal said that unless there is a valid reason to hold back yr passport, you have all the rights to one. What you have shown proved what he said. The examples you showed all are reasons valid enough to hold yr pp, so you are essentially agreeing that it is a right except....

A right with exceptions doesnt turn it into a privilege. Freedom to travel is a constitutional right. If you are a wanted man, you cant leave the country. That didnt mean there is no right. Only that the right has been withdrawn.

Yes that is what I am saying. Take the UK for example... https://www.gov.uk/british-passport-eligibility

Notice the words "for example" and "may" which is frequently used by the Pappies when drafting rules and regulations. They obviously learned this tactic from their former white masters.

What is means is that if someone in the home office does not want you to have a passport, then it will be very difficult for you to get one.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Both you and Scroobal fighting in different boxing rings or what? Scroobal said that unless there is a valid reason to hold back yr passport, you have all the rights to one. What you have shown proved what he said. The examples you showed all are reasons valid enough to hold yr pp, so you are essentially agreeing that it is a right except....

A right with exceptions doesnt turn it into a privilege. Freedom to travel is a constitutional right. If you are a wanted man, you cant leave the country. That didnt mean there is no right. Only that the right has been withdrawn.

Yes, exactly the point. That's why I asked Leongsam pointedly what kind of argument are you making.

Comprehension skills a little slow today.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam is playing the foil. This privilege bullshit was picked up by the old man from the British.

Take the case of Ho JuanThai. He was served notice that his citizenship was going to revoked. JBJ acted for him. As he was not holding any other country's citizenship, and he was not convicted they had zilch on him. They were stuck. Quietly they withdrew it. Jeyaretnam enacted the law in 1985 and it was subsequently repealed because it was a bad law. How can you deprive someone of his citizenship just because they had not returned to Singapore for more than 10 years and had not renewed their passport. No one has such a crappy law.

If we do not understand what our rights are , we deserve to be stopped on by the PAP.

Yes, exactly the point. That's why I asked Leongsam pointedly what kind of argument are you making.

Comprehension skills a little slow today.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he has a misplaced sense of political importance. Looks like he travels to JB to meets the WP old guards etc. he should look after his family. After all he is in the Uk.

I also found it amusing that he claims that the UK govt offered him citizenship number of times and he turned it down. Uk does not operate like Citibank and Singapore where they send you offer letters for credit increase / citizenship every few months. They already struggling to process the mountain of applications that they receive unsolicited, let alone find time to make such offers. Unless he is working on their space programme.

Yeah don't know why he want to come back after so long. I think he doesn't know Spore today is so different from the past. Maybe his elderly family members cannot travel at all and he misses them.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a bit of a drama queen. He is also not truthful. He did not become a UK citizen not because dual citizenship is illegal but the govt will use that a pretext to deprive him of his citizenship and bar him from entering Singapore. This govt is as vindictive as they come. If he was arrested, a few months in and then out or sued.
Hahaha..... Minister stated clearly in parliament that dual citizenship is not allowed and the idiot keep repeating his bullshit..... This is the type of person that can spout such bullshit without blinking his eyes......
Even with documentary evidence, scroobye can still claimed otherwise........
He is really god's gift to mankind with his Tamil English