• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goodwill clinic rejected me because "sundays were for foreigners"

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DEAR TRS, GOODWILL CLINIC REJECTED ME BECAUSE "SUNDAYS WERE FOR FOREIGNERS"
Post date:
20 Jul 2014 - 5:07pm

Dear TRS,

This morning my wife was feeling ill so I brought her to Goodwill Clinic at racecourse road which is just below my block.
When I approached the counter, the Filipino staff (who is the doctor's wife) suggested that I bring my wife to Raffles Hospital because the clinic only caters to foreigners on Sundays.
I was shocked by what I heard and noticed that indeed, the whole clinic was filled with Indian foreign workers.
Still, I thought maybe the counter staff was just misinformed and so I asked her to check again with the Doctor. I was a regular patient at this clinic.
However, when the doctor came out, he also indicated that they were unable to see my wife today as they gave priority to foreign workers on Sundays.
I checked, but nowhere were there signs to indicate that Singaporeans are not allowed on Sundays. Why is there this type of discrimination happening in my own local clinic?
Being a Singaporean, I just felt that I have lost my recognition or privileges in my own country..what has happened to SINGAPORE?
Thangavelu Panneerselvam
TRS Contributor

Editor's Note:
Please do not jump to conclusions based on just one side of the story, we have forwarded this to the clinic for clarification. We have yet to get any response from them.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20070410_Lee-Hsien-Loong_0_5_0_1_0.jpg

You voted for it. Didn't you?

Words

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Of course they had to. Guess the nationalities and their color congregating at racecourse road :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the Filipino staff (who is the doctor's wife)

Wah, like that also can? :rolleyes:

That silly clinic could be one that specially caters to foreign workers... there are quite a number of them islandwide. :wink:

I think when foreign workers report sick and claim medical expenses, they can only do so if they're visiting certain clinics.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
DEAR TRS, GOODWILL CLINIC REJECTED ME BECAUSE "SUNDAYS WERE FOR FOREIGNERS"
Post date:
20 Jul 2014 - 5:07pm

Dear TRS,

This morning my wife was feeling ill so I brought her to Goodwill Clinic at racecourse road which is just below my block.
When I approached the counter, the Filipino staff (who is the doctor's wife) suggested that I bring my wife to Raffles Hospital because the clinic only caters to foreigners on Sundays.
I was shocked by what I heard and noticed that indeed, the whole clinic was filled with Indian foreign workers.
Still, I thought maybe the counter staff was just misinformed and so I asked her to check again with the Doctor. I was a regular patient at this clinic.
However, when the doctor came out, he also indicated that they were unable to see my wife today as they gave priority to foreign workers on Sundays.
I checked, but nowhere were there signs to indicate that Singaporeans are not allowed on Sundays. Why is there this type of discrimination happening in my own local clinic?
Being a Singaporean, I just felt that I have lost my recognition or privileges in my own country..what has happened to SINGAPORE?
Thangavelu Panneerselvam
TRS Contributor

Editor's Note:
Please do not jump to conclusions based on just one side of the story, we have forwarded this to the clinic for clarification. We have yet to get any response from them.

because foreign workers don't have other days free. Have a heart guys.
It is more likely that Singaporeans did not like mixing with FWs so they decided Sunday would be FW only.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
because foreign workers don't have other days free. Have a heart guys.
It is more likely that Singaporeans did not like mixing with FWs so they decided Sunday would be FW only.

We are not talking about mixing with FW's....do not try, once again to deflect the blame to the people...the point is, the person is sick, whether it is Sunday, Deepavali, Muslim end of Ramandan, Christmas, Easter....at least the good doctor, have the decency to serve...his own patient. Of course, it was good hearted of the doctor to treat only INDIAN WORKERS on Sunday, their day off...did he treat them for free??

His wife, a Filipino was his clinic worker, so she is in agreement to NO SINGaporeans allowed?, how about fellow Filipinoes, who needed emergency medical service?....does this mean, on SUNDAY....all SINgaporeans who needed medical service or dying at the door of the clinic, will not be attended to?? for it is SUNDAY for FW.

The SINgapore Medical Association, must look into this...but then again..."member" lah! only get a slap on the wrist...SINgaporeans are third class citizens in their own country.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans are assigned 6 days and foreigners only have 1 day. I think that is perfectly fair.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good teach the whites a lesson.

whites are seldom sick as they have healthy diets and drink soursop juice. natives such as maoris, inuits, eskimos, american indians, hawaiians require 6 days because they are fat, lazy, live on social welfare, eat junk food, and get drunk every night.

ang mo is still da bestest! :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Good teach the whites a lesson.

I don't know why you'd say that because thanks to the Whites, Maori have far better lives compared to their counterparts in other Pacific Nations which were not colonized.

Samoans, Tongans, Cook Islanders and Fijians all dream of gaining residency in NZ because the quality of life is so much better in comparison.

If the Whites were not an asset to the region, why would all the Browns want to move here?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know why you'd say that because thanks to the Whites, Maori have far better lives compared to their counterparts in other Pacific Nations which were not colonized.

Samoans, Tongans, Cook Islanders and Fijians all dream of gaining residency in NZ because the quality of life is so much better in comparison.

If the Whites were not an asset to the region, why would all the Browns want to move here?

As a Persian, are you happy with what the White people have done to your country?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans are assigned 6 days and foreigners only have 1 day. I think that is perfectly fair.

We are not talking about serving Maori's, Dark Indians, Martians on a certain day of the month. We are talking about the duty of the DOCTOR, when a sick arrives at your door, what happened to that??. That is the issue.

The Doctor has no sense of duty & should not be practicing....:mad: