• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Are They Getting Smaller?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Speaking from where all these are coming from past 3 weeks seems like this season small is in fashion. Markets selling all the smaller rambutans and mangosteen at 25 baht per kilo while the larger ones same price per kilo but if 5kg for 100 baht. I have to admit the smaller ones tastes better.

KNNBXCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speaking from where all these are coming from past 3 weeks seems like this season small is in fashion. Markets selling all the smaller rambutans and mangosteen at 25 baht per kilo while the larger ones same price per kilo but if 5kg for 100 baht. I have to admit the smaller ones tastes better.

Don't pretend lah. Between a full C cup and a barely A cup, which one more tasty? :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
When grown naturally, some fruits will be smaller, some will be larger. There will be some deviancy from the average size. That's nature, it comes with its faults. Should be okay for consumption. What is frightening is when they are all exceptionally large. I once came across a batch of strawberries the size of apples (regular red delicious size) and were put off by them. It struck my mind then they could very well be genetically modified, courtesy of Monsanto.

Cheers!

Drove by Geylang on Sat nite. Stopped to buy friuts near Lor 17. Was surprised to see small rambutans and mangosteens for sale. Never seen them so small. Anyone with similar observation?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When grown naturally, some fruits will be smaller, some will be larger. There will be some deviancy from the average size. That's nature, it comes with its faults. Should be okay for consumption. What is frightening is when they are all exceptionally large. I once came across a batch of strawberries the size of apples (regular red delicious size) and were put off by them. It struck my mind then they could very well be genetically modified, courtesy of Monsanto.

Cheers!

I spotted some mangoes at Cold Storage. Huge. Never seen such huge mangoes before. I prefer normal size fruits.

SichuanMeiMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spotted some mangoes at Cold Storage. Huge. Never seen such huge mangoes before. I prefer normal size fruits.

xas7pg.jpg

This size ok for you? :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drove by Geylang on Sat nite. Stopped to buy friuts near Lor 17. Was surprised to see small rambutans and mangosteens for sale. Never seen them so small. Anyone with similar observation?

depend on weather. dun you learn farming in sec school geography.