• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The face of a woman 300,000 years ago

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Experts reconstruct face of woman from 300,000 years ago

2014-07-18 09:13:43 GMT2014-07-18 17:13:43(Beijing Time) Xinhua English

U211P5029T2D719671F24DT20140718171343.jpg
Experts give a face to an ancient Nanjing woman. (Photo: file photo)

Experts have succeeded in giving a face to the ancient Nanjing Man from 300,000 years ago, but it's no man.

Based on the appearance of the reconstructed face, it has been identified as a woman about 30 years old, according to Zhao Chengwen, criminalist and archaeologist at the National Police University of China, which led the reconstruction work.

Zhao said the reconstruction was based on the No. 1 skull of Nanjing Man, which lacked a lower jaw and right cheekbone.

Experts repaired the skull's defective parts on a computer, selected a lower jaw from skull banks to match it, and made up the base of the ancient Nanjing woman's face, Zhao added.

The reconstructed face is scheduled to be on exhibit in August in Nanjing, Jiangsu province, when the Youth Olympic Games are held in the city, according to an earlier report from Xinhua net.

Nanjing Man is a subspecies of Homo erectus found in China. Fossils of it were discovered in 1993 in Tangshan cave near Nanjing.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky I was borned 300,000 years later. There are better selections as long as I stay away from the Lee family.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very accurate artist's impression of Alamaking.

Nanjing Man is a subspecies of Homo erectus found in China. Fossils of it were discovered in 1993 in Tangshan cave near Nanjing.
[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Okay. Blame Narong if you puke at the picture.:biggrin:

Another face of woman today

If the ancient people, have woman looking like that, we can account for the many tribes that had gone extinct...one look at the face, the desire to mate is ZERO!:biggrin: every with low light or no light!!!

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, when i saw the small picture in the xinmin newspaper yesterday from across the coffeeshop table, my first thought was boss sam's picture....

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the ancient people, have woman looking like that, we can account for the many tribes that had gone extinct...one look at the face, the desire to mate is ZERO!:biggrin: every with low light or no light!!!

Agree, probably also explains why and how some men took to mating with their domesticated animals instaed