• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today I Was Attended To By A Doctor From The 8th Ranked Medical School In Pinoyland

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Today I Was Attended To By A Doctor From The 8th Ranked Medical School In Pinoyl

If cost is the issue they should let ITE produce doctor. If competency and saving life is the concern, than cost is out of the equation.

An old neighbor whose daughter has grades that can't even make it to NTU, got into NZ uni and came back as a doc. Has been in CGH for at least 5 years now. Quite a good doc based on feedback. Nearly all NUS produced doc has straight As in A level. But many are f up. Even many so called senior consultant are f up.

Medicine is a trade that needs in born talent. Today, we have docs who diagnose through elimination testing. Any layman given the algorithm can also do it. The most recent case I heard - a friend with growth in prostate. Fist doc said usually it is both sides. His is only on 1 side and is likely bad. He panic dare not go for op until someone recommend him a doc, took a look and immediately told him, it's ok, very common, just swollen gland. Immediate op and he is well the next day.

If we need a doc, make sure we know the his past performance, not his title or qualification. Not like my last experience where the doc is a head who is in the team that operated the twins. He only know how to carry out more tests to earn more money. If I had done what he recommended, may not be typing now. By doing nothing, nothing has happened all these years.

All foreign doctors have years of experience behind them while local medical students are still undergoing training. It is obvious we should simply hire the foreigners. Why wait when you can have as many doctors as we want in an instant?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Today I Was Attended To By A Doctor From The 8th Ranked Medical School In Pinoyl

You weren't a medical student back, in the 70's & 80's...if not, you do not know what you are talking about....the PAP f$#$$^$ all those wanting to study for medicine here...many have to go abroad to study that...I know a couple classmates...they never returned...

So, try not to bluff too much huh!.... they are people like me of that generation who went through the system....& still around & many still around scattered all over the world...

You see, the PAP is trying to help them. What happens if there are too many doctors and not enough patients? Their wages will be depressed!

Kudos to the PAP for their great foresight. Medicine is an important profession, and we should not underpay them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

There about 2000 Singaporeans studying medicine abroad. It cost their family about $250k a pop for the course and other incidentals. Straight away, most. Singaporeans who have the grades to enter these universities can't afford it. Only rich Singaporeans can. There are some bold Singaporeans their homes and use it to find their kid.

This is how the gap in the gini coefficient gets wider.

Excellent rebuttal, bro!

I have 2 nephews who were scored straight As for the A levels and yet were denied admission to our medical school here. Both had to study abroad and their respective university assessed them to so very good after their first and second year that they were both granted scholarships for the remaining years of the course. Now both of them are practicing overseas and really doing very well. Asked them if they ever want to come back to practice in Spore, they both said "tell the PAP government to go fuck itself". They very much prefer to contribute to the overseas country that treated them so much better than Singapore.

My 2 nephews are just tip of the iceberg. I am sure many many more Singapore students who even better than them have been denied entry by PAP to medicine school here. The PAP would instead open their assholes to freely let Pinoys, Ah Nehs and Burmese with fake degrees in. And as a side point, if one ever get attended by a Pinoy doctor, be very very careful as almost 100% he or she is a quack. Of all foreign trash here, the Pinoys are the biggest bull shitter, even worse than Ah Nehs.

jw5

Loyal

You can afford that easily!

Your children are easily worth $50 million each.

Anyone who needs financial help or advice on any topic under the sun, please contact Scroobal.

Huat Ah! :biggrin:

There about 2000 Singaporeans studying medicine abroad. It cost their family about $250k a pop for the course and other incidentals. Straight away, most. Singaporeans who have the grades to enter these universities can't afford it. Only rich Singaporeans can. There are some bold Singaporeans their homes and use it to find their kid.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here is the second part of a sad story.

Every year, various medical cluster sends a team to various overseas universities to meet final year Singaporean medical students. They are enticed to come back. They know that many will remain overseas so they roll out the red carpets. They are lucky for the next few years. These university are unable to place all their graduating class in hospitals so many have little choice but to return

I told this story 2 years ago in this thread. One of the Health cluster met the Singaporean students in an overseas university and spotted a Malay Singaporean. He was the only who was asked what his father was working as and how his father could afford the tuition. No other Chinese or Indian student was asked that question.

He of course refused to return and now is practicing medicine in his new country and to he home. While Singaporeans wait for their Pinoy and Indian doctor to examine them.

jw5

Loyal

Scroobal is sooooooooo rich. His wife and children are sooooooooo lucky.

However, the world and those who have to deal with his children are sooooooooo unlucky. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Scroobal is sooooooooo rich. His wife and children are sooooooooo lucky.

However, the world and those who have to deal with his children are sooooooooo unlucky. :biggrin:

TCSS is Scroobal strength...:biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

really sad case that Singaporean parents have to sell homes and car to finance children's education overseas while foreigner children just literally walk into the comfy positions after studying in unknown schools.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fired? In Sinkieland, getting 'fired' means getting transferred to the PMO. :rolleyes:

Sending them to a firing squad would be a better option.

Yeah never fired and no need to answer why not enough hospital beds and Singaporean doctors. It helps if have a kind religious image.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Know of a dentist who had twin daughters. $500k and they graduated 3 years ago. At the same time some Indian chap who graduated from Madras is attending to a retired civil servant.

really sad case that Singaporean parents have to sell homes and car to finance children's education overseas while foreigner children just literally walk into the comfy positions after studying in unknown schools.

jw5

Loyal

Shit Scroobal, I feel sorry for those people who have to deal with your manipulative shit children when they graduate and join their company. :biggrin:

Know of a dentist who had twin daughters. $500k and they graduated 3 years ago. At the same time some Indian chap who graduated from Madras is attending to a retired civil servant.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pap will take anyone as long as they borrow money and grow singapore economic. just go to some private hospital. those who do business with third world dictators.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sadly that is the operating model.

pap will take anyone as long as they borrow money and grow singapore economic. just go to some private hospital. those who do business with third world dictators.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

0507_a13.jpg

KNN! I cut cost also wrong ah? What's the problem with you? Not happy ah? Emigrate lah! *hee*hee*

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fake doctors means more business for HOTA !

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All foreign doctors have years of experience behind them while local medical students are still undergoing training. It is obvious we should simply hire the foreigners. Why wait when you can have as many doctors as we want in an instant?
Years of experience is of no use if that person does not have the talent nor attitude. A young doc can also be good. The last doc that I met is the head, he is in his 60s. Incidentally, he is also from another country but has become citizen. What he recommended to me was pure shit. A proper check of the doc's past performance should be the criteria before accepting them. However, it appeared that SMC is not doing that. Otherwise, a doc who was struck off the list in another country would not have made it to be the head in NUH, as posted in another thread in this forum.

It is better to have no doc than having doc that prescribe the wrong treatments. Cheap is good only apply to less sensitive profession where mistakes would not cause a life. It definitely cannot apply to the medical profession.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree with you.

There was a panel discussion on talent some years ago (Chatham House rules) and this academic cited the story about ACJC and swimming and SICC and Golf. He told us that rich parents got their kids into these sports at very early age, got them the best coaches and even sent them to selected universities with programmes fr swimming and golf and for years and nothing came of it. Th reason was that the pool where Singapore was fishing in was confined only to rich parents from these locations. 95% of the pool was never tapped.

Its will be the same for the medical fraternity.

Years of experience is of no use if that person does not have the talent nor attitude. A young doc can also be good. The last doc that I met is the head, he is in his 60s. Incidentally, he is also from another country but has become citizen. What he recommended to me was pure shit. A proper check of the doc's past performance should be the criteria before accepting them. However, it appeared that SMC is not doing that. Otherwise, a doc who was struck off the list in another country would not have made it to be the head in NUH, as posted in another thread in this forum.

It is better to have no doc than having doc that prescribe the wrong treatments. Cheap is good only apply to less sensitive profession where mistakes would not cause a life. It definitely cannot apply to the medical profession.