• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Income Opportunity" Temasek Companies

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA became the second Temasek company to show wanton insensitiveness over an incident by suggesting a profit motive or actually stating a profit motive. Kudos to many SIA customers who immediately responded and SIA had to withdraw their web posting.

The first was when SMRT broadcasted to their taxi fleet that there is an income opportunity when their very own rail services came to an end. The intent was not to provide immediate transport relief but to make money.

Common sense will tell you that no cabinet minister or a Temasek board member would have the intestinal fortitude to speak to the boss about his wife. So what does that leave the country when the Govt holding company reflects poor corporate culture.

Should we not demand that the PM immediately find a replacement for his bedroom partner. I am not suggesting a divorce but change the captain at Temasek. Doing both might actually help everyone.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This isn't the fault of top level management. This is caused by lower level staff who don't have a good grasp of the nuances of the English language plus they probably also lack a vital factor that binds the human race... empathy.

This has nothing to do with the PAP, you have to blame Singaporeans themselves. The lack of empathy is on display on a daily basis as Singaporeans go about their daily lives. For example, the scene of a fatal accident is nothing more than an opportunity to gather 4D numbers. Sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones is secondary.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is just plain ludicrous and ridiculous to deflect the top mgmt responsibility for this PR debacle. People in the PR dept normally reflects the attitude and culture of the corporate leadership. These people in PR are not anyhow chosen, but are carefully selected based on their ability to convey top mgmt's pov. Rarely do we see public announcements from a company without them being approved or endorsed by top mgmt. If there is a lapse, then SIA top mgmt should be screwed; if there isnt any, they are nevertheless screwed.

This isn't the fault of top level management. This is caused by lower level staff who don't have a good grasp of the nuances of the English language plus they probably also lack a vital factor that binds the human race... empathy.

This has nothing to do with the PAP, you have to blame Singaporeans themselves. The lack of empathy is on display on a daily basis as Singaporeans go about their daily lives. For example, the scene of a fatal accident is nothing more than an opportunity to gather 4D numbers. Sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones is secondary.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i blame PAP for creating this dog eat dog environment,where sinkies are forced to their limits everyday looking out for their own subsistence and survival everyday,being constantly on guard from attacks from their greedy government,greedy corporations and foreigners who only care about their own survival and gain agenda and motives.

how can a population develop empathy when they are literally being forced to their limits of endurance,being abused night and day verbally,mentally,being constantly put down and told they arent good enough......how can a nation develop empathy when they are being treated like cattle like inconsequential numbers......when they are literally forced to swallow bullshit that they are happy and satisfied,how do u develop empathy when a government has no concern at all about ur welfare....its every man for himself,u die ur business,where they are only concerned with their own profits and bottomline and how much money they can siphon suck gourge scrape off the top of society.

how do u develop empathy from a government that sues its own citizens over a bunch of inconsequential words????and hides like a coward behind the humonguos machinery of the state and government and justice system...afraid of even standing man to man in a full and fair trial?????COWARDS AND BULLIES!!!!!

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That is just plain ludicrous and ridiculous to deflect the top mgmt responsibility for this PR debacle. People in the PR dept normally reflects the attitude and culture of the corporate leadership. These people in PR are not anyhow chosen, but are carefully selected based on their ability to convey top mgmt's pov. Rarely do we see public announcements from a company without them being approved or endorsed by top mgmt. If there is a lapse, then SIA top mgmt should be screwed; if there isnt any, they are nevertheless screwed.

In the old days, press releases had to be officially released. Now they are just a tweet away and are not subject to the same controls.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Companies with poor quality leadership will blame their staff rather than take responsibility. Even a lowly porter will be screened by a good company big or small at the time of recruitment and thereafter provided training and support to ensure that the corporate culture is upheld.

This is not about a staff that is stealing or embezzling from the company. Whoever wrote that statement for SIA has nothing to gain personally. He or she was poorly guided, trained or that the corporate culture was sub-standard or has been deteriorating for sometime. It has to be last because when the old guards were alive, these things were unheard of.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the old days, press releases had to be officially released. Now they are just a tweet away and are not subject to the same controls.

wait theres still a difference between releasing a statement representing the corporation and some tom dick and harry employee tweeting or facebooking his opinion......obviously i have to be instructed by superiors or i have to have sufficient authority or ranking to speak on SIA's behalf.....not just some low ranking employee....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not true. Staff having access to company's social media are trained and have to follow strict rules for engagement. The occasional boo boos do occur but the SIA statement was an issue complete insensitiveness. That's reflects corporate culture. As it happened again to a Temasek company and no other company, it reflect poorly on. Temasek, Ho Ching and her husbands the Prime Minister.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes i agree with scroobal,not only the corporate culture is fucked up from the top.......u dont even need staff to screw things up and release such moronic statements.....just listen to the ceo of singtel and smrt and various temasek directors talk.......everyone can board the mrt....its whether u choose to.....

or that moronic singtel director who make it sound like the customers owe them a living..........customers can choose whether or not they can take it or leave it,i have better things to do.....its these fucking elites like LHL who have their heads stuck up their ass and think the world revolves around their precious ass.....they think they some corporate elite or government elite they project it to the outside world the whole world has to prostrate themselves and lick their feet....FUCK U CHEEBYE LOONG!!!

these people have no concept of what it means to serve ur customers,or serve the public or serve the country....they think the world is there to serve them!!!

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That's not true. Staff having access to company's social media are trained and have to follow strict rules for engagement. The occasional boo boos do occur but the SIA statement was an issue complete insensitiveness. That's reflects corporate culture. As it happened again to a Temasek company and no other company, it reflect poorly on. Temasek, Ho Ching and her husbands the Prime Minister.

I actually like the Temasek style of PR. It's straight to the point and does not waste time beating about the bush with touchy, feely hogwash that the West is so fond of.

All this "... our hearts go out to the bereaved etc" are nothing but a load of bull. We all know that SIA doesn't give a shit about what happens to MAS and its passengers so what's the point of pretending.

Same applies to the SMRT announcement you referred to. The SMRT breakdown was indeed a money making opportunity for the taxi service so why pretend it isn't.

When you have lived in NZ for many years and have grown sick and tired of having to pander to sensitivities of everyone serial killers included, you'll begin to appreciate the Temasek way.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
At a simplistic level, why do we even dress up when we turn up for work. It's about class, social graces and feeling good.

Here is another analogy. Why would anyone be a pimp unless he is desperate. We all know that pimps are necessary to meet the base needs of humanity. There is a demand, and it is profitable. And they also are popular when they deliver and keep you engaged.

In essence, you cannot buy class and you cannot buy friendship. You earn it by your conduct and the style of interaction that you adopt with people.

No one is saying that Temasek is not profitable. Just saying that others are more profitable and yet have class and show social graces while making money.

I actually like the Temasek style of PR. It's straight to the point and does not waste time beating about the bush with touchy, feely hogwash that the West is so fond of.

All this "... our hearts go out to the bereaved etc" are nothing but a load of bull. We all know that SIA doesn't give a shit about what happens to MAS and its passengers so what's the point of pretending.

Same applies to the SMRT announcement you referred to. The SMRT breakdown was indeed a money making opportunity for the taxi service so why pretend it isn't.

When you have lived in NZ for many years and have grown sick and tired of having to pander to sensitivities of everyone serial killers included, you'll begin to appreciate the Temasek way.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
At a simplistic level, why do we even dress up when we turn up for work. It's about class, social graces and feeling good.

Here's my analogy.. compare the US East Coast vs the California way.

IBM was full of class, oozing social graces. They had a strict dress code.

Apple employees wore jeans and T shirts to work.

Give me the laid back West Coast environment anytime.

I'm sick and tired of PR taken to the extreme in this day and age.

In NZ, the police attempt to stop a drunk teenager at a road block. He chooses to make a run for it and ends up wrapping himself round a tree. The next day the headlines scream... "Tragedy strikes promising young man in the prime of his life....". Police are forced to issue a statement expressing their grief over the "unfortunate incident".

What happened to calling a spade a spade? "Reckless drunk meets a deserving end" is what's on everyone's lips. Why can't we say it?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In essence, you cannot buy class and you cannot buy friendship. You earn it by your conduct and the style of interaction that you adopt with people.

Not true. Among gays it's possible. Just look around these parts. I bet my bottom dollar the one who fucked up was a gay.

I am a full blooded testosrone filled male heterosexual as evidenced by the flag hanging and waving proudly at the end of my meat pole.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

In NZ, the police attempt to stop a drunk teenager at a road block. He chooses to make a run for it and ends up wrapping himself round a tree. The next day the headlines scream... "Tragedy strikes promising young man in the prime of his life....". Police are forced to issue a statement expressing their grief over the "unfortunate incident".

What happened to calling a spade a spade? "Reckless drunk meets a deserving end" is what's on everyone's lips. Why can't we say it?

The laid back T shirt and jeans persona is Apple's PR. Jobs used to handpick Apple's PR agencies who were not small names.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
because thats not how u deal with customer or public relationship,a snake even a indian shitskin snake will smile at u and whisper sweet nothings to you before screwing u in the ass.

but sadly like u said the people running temasek and this country are like the typical bunch of daft and stupid sinkies.....their brains operate on a very simplistic and neanderthal like fashion,almost reptilian like fashion.....they have poor grasp of the naunces of english language......they seldom express themselve gracefully...they have poor eq and have no concept of humanity,empathy,sociology or human relationship.....in their minds exist only one thought,how much money can i make and how can it benefit me and show off my superior status......

just compare the bozos in our parliaments to the those in british or australian parliament and how they talk and articulate and interact with other humans.....u would think singapore is a society of homo neaderthalus or homo erectus....

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see nothing wrong with your perspective. You succeeded in life profiting from 2 of the 7 sins. Greed and lust clearing shown in ads and domain .com similarity.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see nothing wrong with your perspective. You succeeded in life profiting from 2 of the 7 sins. Greed and lust clearing shown in ads and domain .com similarity.

greed and lust is dangerous combination....watch the movie "se7en"....

rOqD0P6.jpg

9gc99Li.jpg

6emnOls.jpg

4u0VTzp.jpg