• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2014-15 ║

Jorge

Alfrescian
Loyal

Espanyol 1 Cordoba 0: Abraham goal secures the points

27 February 2015

796190header.jpg

Abraham's goal shortly before half-time saw Espanyol earn all three points with a 1-0 win over La Liga's bottom club Cordoba.

Espanyol inflicted further misery on La Liga's bottom side Cordoba with a 1-0 home win on Friday.

Abraham proved to be the match-winner, with a well-taken goal two minutes prior to the interval.

The former Barcelona man ran on to Felipe Caicedo's knockdown and thumped a low drive into the bottom left-hand corner from just outside the area.

Victory lifted Espanyol up to eighth, while Cordoba remain rock bottom, having lost six matches in succession.

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona are the club of my life, says Busquets

1015092_heroa.jpg

By Joe Wright
Feb 27, 2015 18:29:19

The midfielder has signed a new contract which could keep him at the club until 2020 and he says he is in the right place to win every trophy available

Sergio Busquets has described Barcelona as the club of his life after signing a new contract at Camp Nou on Friday.

The 26-year-old, who made his debut in 2008, has put pen to paper on a new deal until 2019, with the option of a further year.

And the Spain international believes he can challenge for every trophy going with the current squad after committing his future to his boyhood side.

"I'm happy, this is the club of my life," he told the club's official website.

"I'm 26 and I have plenty of my future left at Barca. I hope injuries are good to me and that with my work and with the team we can continue the dynamic we've had in recent years.

"I have the example of Xavi, [Carles] Puyol and Andres [Iniesta]. The important thing is to be well and enjoy things - that's essential for me.

"I'm happy with the confidence of the club and the staff, I hope to respond with hard work and sacrifice. I'm in the right place and with the right people to fight for every title."

Busquets has made 30 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring once.

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Suarez: Barcelona must win every remaining game to reel in Real Madrid

1001852_heroa.jpg

By Tom Webber
Feb 28, 2015 07:46:54

The Uruguayan striker feels that the Blaugrana can close the gap to los Blancos, with a victory over their rivals in front of their own fans sure to supply them with three points

Luis Suarez says Barcelona must win all of their remaining Liga games in order to usurp Real Madrid at the summit of the standings.

The second-placed Catalans fell four points behind the Primera Division leaders after suffering a shock 1-0 loss at home to Malaga last week - a result which ended a run of 11 consecutive victories in all competitions.

Consequently, Suarez believes that Barca can ill afford any more slip-ups in La Liga and feels that their March 22 meeting with Madrid at Camp Nou has now taken on even greater significance.

"Real Madrid are Real Madrid, so they won't drop many points, but they still have to come to the Camp Nou, which is a chance for us to close the gap," the striker s quoted by Marca.

"They'll have to drop some more points along the way, while we must win every remaining game."

Barca bounced back from their Malaga disappointment by beating Manchester City 2-1 in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday, with Suarez scoring both of the Blaugrana's goals at the Etihad.

The Uruguay international, who endured a tough start to his Camp Nou career, is thus in a bullish frame of mind as Luis Enrique's men approach the business end of the season.

"I want to win everything," the attacker added. This is the wish of both the team and myself. I don't think about having a preference between one or the other [of the Champions League or La Liga]."

Barca travel to 19th-placed Granada on Saturday, with the chance to temporarily move to within just one point of Madrid, who host Villarreal on Sunday.

Modric

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bartomeu should face trial over Neymar signing, prosecutors say

893572_heroa.jpg

By Ben Hayward
Feb 27, 2015 18:03:00

A Spanish judge has been urged to charge the Barca president in court for tax fraud in relation to the signing of the Brazilian forward from Santos in 2013

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu is set to face a legal trial for fiscal fraud in the controversial deal to sign Neymar from Santos in the summer of 2013 after prosecutors urged a Spanish judge to press charges on Friday.

Bartomeu has claimed that previous president Sandro Rosell. who resigned over the transfer in January last year, was solely responsible for the terms of the deal.

However, prosecutors insist the current chief - who was in court over the controversial move earlier in February - is also accountable for fraud in the Brazilian's signing and Judge Ruz has been instructed to bring Bartomeu to trial to answer charges of fraud in the transfer.

Barca paid Santos just over €17 million in the summer of 2013, but claimed the official fee was €57.1 m and later revealed - after Rosell's resignation - that the total operation had in fact cost €86.2m, which included a €40m payment to the players' parents, while the overall amount could yet rise to over €100m with unpaid taxes.

Prosecutor Perals has written to Judge Ruz stating that Bartomeu "undoubtedly took part in acts with apparent signs of criminality", arguing that the payments involved had to be "authorised by the president of the club, with his signature".

The payment in question is for €5m paid by Barca in January last year, after Rosell had quit as president.

Perals believes Barca neglected to pay tax of €1.9m to tax authorities and Bartomeu is now expected to return to court later in 2015.

Modric

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez summoned to court

557861_heroa.jpg

By Tom Webber
Feb 28, 2015 11:29:58

The 67-year-old has been cited by a judge for information on his relations with an organisation that has been embroiled in a corruption investigation

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez will testify in a corruption case after being called upon by a judge.

Reports emerged that the Blancos director would be required as a witness as judge Eloy Velasco investigates the behaviour of businessmen, individuals, clerks and councilors from various municipalities about alleged payments for the awarding of contracts.

As a result, the European and world champions have released an official statement confirming that their president will comply fully with the court order.

"Given the reports in the last hours, Real Madrid wish to state that next Monday president Florentino Perez will attend to testify before judge Eloy Velasco. This is in relation to the services provided to the club for one year by an analytic research company in the digital domain, owned by Alejandro de Pedro, the accused in Operation Punica," read the press release on their official website.

The investigation comes after Swiss authorities reportedly alerted Spanish officials to their suspicions of money laundering in connection to the crimes of Francisco Granados - the former secretary general of the People's Party (PP) of Madrid,

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Perez to testify in corruption case

28 February 2015

796388header.jpg

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is to take to the witness stand in a corruption case.

Real Madrid have confirmed that president Florentino Perez is to testify in court in a corruption case.

The news comes following reports in Spain that Perez would be called as a witness by judge Eloy Velasco, who is investigating the practices of business, clerks and councillors from various regions such as Madrid, Murcia, Leon and Valencia regarding alleged payments for the awarding of construction contracts.

A statement on Real's official website read: "Given the reports in the last hours, Real Madrid wish to state that next Monday president Florentino Perez will attend to testify before judge Eloy Velasco, in relation to the services provided to the club for one year by an analytic research company in the digital domain, owned by Alejandro de Pedro, the accused in Operation Punica."

The investigation began after Swiss authorities informed Spanish officials of their suspicions of money laundering relating to the crimes of Francisco Granados, a former deputy president of the Madrid region and ex-secretary general of the People's Party.

Mandzukic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ancelotti: Isco place is non-negotiable

28 February 2015

Real-Madrid-C.F.-manager-Carlo-Ancelotti-has-suggested-Iscos-place-in-Los-Blancos-starting-XI-is-non-negotiable-if-the-player-maintains-his-current-form.1.jpg

Real Madrid are soon set to be boosted by the return of three key players, but Carlo Ancelotti has no intention of dropping in-form Isco.

Carlo Ancelotti stated that Isco's place in Real Madrid's starting XI is "non-negotiable" even with several top names set to return from injury.

The Liga leaders have endured injury frustrations this term with the likes of Luka Modric, James Rodriguez and Sami Khedira all having spent time on the sidelines.

Spain international Isco has subsequently shown his versatility, with head coach Ancelotti employing him in several different areas of Real's midfield.

"If he [Isco] keeps playing like he has been, his place is non-negotiable," Ancelotti said ahead of Sunday's encounter with Villarreal.

"He's played well in every position. I think we should use him more going forward than in defence, although the key to his current run of form has been his defensive attitude."

Ancelotti also praised the performance of forward Gareth Bale in last weekend's 2-0 win over Elche.

The Welshman has bore the brunt of criticism from the Santiago Bernabeu faithful at times this season, but Ancelotti feels Bale is playing an important role for the team.

"He [Bale] has shown a very good attitude, fighting, winning, sacrificing for all of you," he added. "He had a very important performance last week."

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luis Enrique angered by Granada pitch

28 February 2015

796636header.jpg

Barcelona moved back to within a point of the Liga summit with a 3-1 win at Granada, but Luis Enrique was not pleased with the pitch.

Luis Enrique gave a scathing assessment of Granada's pitch after the surface proved problematic in Barcelona's 3-1 win on Saturday.

The Catalan club ultimately ran out comfortable winners, with Ivan Rakitic, Lionel Messi and the impressive Luis Suarez getting the goals to take them back to within a point of pacesetters Real Madrid at the summit, with Carlo Ancelotti's men due to face Villarreal on Sunday.

But Luis Enrique focused much of his attention on the state of the turf at Estadio Nuevo los Carmenes.

"First of all, I'm very happy and satisfied with my team's performance with such special circumstances surrounding the game," he was quoted as saying by AS.

"We must congratulate the players for putting three passes together on that turf.

"The two teams attempted to pass the ball to each other and it was remarkable."

Not only did Suarez score his fourth goal in as many games, the Uruguayan also had a hand in Barca's other two goals, as he finally appears to be settling after a slow start in Spain.

Luis Enrique, though, insisted he has been happy with the former Liverpool star's work ever since he joined at the beginning of the season.

He added: "Perhaps he [Suarez] is now more prominent, but since he started with us he has been at a high level.

"For us his work is special and very interesting."

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rakitic feeling better after ending goal drought

1 March 2015

796805header.jpg

Ivan Rakitic was delighted to break his goalscoring drought as Barcelona beat Granada on Saturday.

Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic said he felt better after a goal and an assist in his team's 3-1 win at Granada on Saturday.

The Croatia international was on the scoresheet for the first time since December last year, netting the opener at the Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes.

Rakitic also set up Luis Suarez's goal to make it 2-0, and said it was good to contribute in a big way to his side's victory.

"When you score and make an assist you feel better, but I have always felt good here," he was quoted as saying by Barcelona's website.

The win moved Barca back within a point of La Liga leaders Real Madrid, who host Villarreal on Sunday.

Rakitic, 26, said it was a key victory and believes his team were deserved winners – with Lionel Messi sealing the three points after Granada had pulled a goal back.

"It is important to keep getting points," he said.

"It was a very difficult match and Granada created a lot of problems for us, but we did a good job and I think we deserved the win.

"The pitch wasn't easy to play on but we managed to make our identity show and worked hard from start to finish. We have to keep improving but we’re on the right track."

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Simeone satisfied with Sevilla point

1 March 2015

diegosimeone-cropped_jr7uzp4i4wm01qaj1fixahztq.jpg

Diego Simeone expressed satisfaction with his Atletico Madrid side's performance at Sevilla, despite seeing them stumble to a 0-0 draw.

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone insisted he was happy with a point following Sunday's 0-0 La Liga draw at Sevilla.

Simeone's third-placed side turned in a disappointing performance at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

The fiery contest featured 11 yellow cards, with seven being shown to Atleti players. However, Simeone was far from disappointed.

"I found it a very exciting match," Simeone said. "I loved the efforts of whose who played.

"We go game by game. It's a good point because we compete against a direct rival."

Sevilla are now seven points behind fourth-placed Valencia in the race for UEFA Champions League qualification. But coach Unai Emery echoed the sentiments expressed by Simeone.

Emery said: "We are not leaving happy, but we are satisfied, considering work we put into the game."

AtleticoMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stubborn Villarreal impress Real´s Pepe

1 March 2015

797287header.jpg

Real Madrid's Pepe claimed Villarreal "ran themselves into the ground" to claim a 1-1 draw in La Liga on Sunday.

Real Madrid defender Pepe paid tribute to Villarreal's work ethic after the La Liga leaders were held to a 1-1 draw at The Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday.

Gerard Moreno's snap-shot from the top of the box cancelled out Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty in Madrid and although the home side finished the match with 22 shots to Villarreal's six, they could not find a winner.

Pepe was impressed with how Villarreal defended and labelled the visitors "a very good team".

"We wanted to win but Villarreal fought a lot and they ran themselves into the ground," the 32-year-old said, according to AS.

"We fought and we came up against a very good team; we have to keep fighting. We're still top and we have to keep working until the end of the season."

Pepe claimed Villarreal blocked up the middle of the pitch with their 4-4-2 formation.

"We put in a lot of crosses and they had two lines of four, so it was practically impossible to get through in the middle," he said.

"We conceded a goal on a counterattack but that's football."

The draw left Real on 61 points at the top of La Liga, just two points ahead of second-placed Barcelona, who defeated Granada 3-1 on Saturday.

MarceloVieira

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti defends Isco substitution

2 March 2015

797343header.jpg

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti defended his decision to replace Isco during Sunday's 1-1 draw with Villarreal.

Carlo Ancelotti stood by his decision to substitute Isco after Real Madrid fans reacted angrily to the midfielder's withdrawal against Villarreal on Sunday.

Locked at 1-1 with 12 minutes remaining at The Santiago Bernabeu, Ancelotti swapped Isco for Asier Illarramendi, much to the frustration of Real fans as a chorus of whistles echoed around the stadium.

Isco has become an integral part of Real's star-studded line-up, with Ancelotti claiming the Spaniard's place is "non-negotiable".

However, Ancelotti felt his decision to substitute Isco on Sunday was in the best interests of the team, even if it was not a popular one.

"A manager is down there on the pitch to make changes, because he thinks that they are for the good of the team," Ancelotti said afterwards.

"If the fans don't understand it, well I'm sorry, but I made the decision in order to give more balance to the team."

A lacklustre Real were far from their best against Villarreal in the capital as their lead atop of La Liga was cut to two points.

The home side took a 52nd-minute lead courtesy of a successful Cristiano Ronaldo spot-kick but Villarreal hit back through Gerard Moreno 12 minutes later.

Villarreal were a threat up until the final whistle as Ancelotti lamented his side's lack of intensity throughout.

"There were two parts. The first, in which we played at too slow a rhythm, we didn't create the chances apart from crosses into the centre, the ball moved around too slowly," the Italian said.

"In the second half things picked up a little; we had chances, but weren't effective converting them. But we had our opportunities."

Jorge

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barca must not be distracted by Clasico, says Busquets

2 March 2015

797484header.jpg

Sergio Busquets has warned his Barcelona team-mates not to let the upcoming Clasico distract them from making further progress in La Liga.

Barcelona must ensure they are still in touch with Real Madrid going into the Clasico later this month, says Sergio Busquets.

The Catalan giants host their fierce rivals on March 22 to cap a crucial month in their season as they look to stay in contention for three trophies.

Saturday's victory over Granada – combined with Real's draw with Villarreal – moved Barca within two points of the leaders.

However, Busquets says they cannot let the Clasico take their attention away from the four games prior to it, otherwise their season could unravel.

"There's still a couple of games before then, but let's hope it is decisive for us," said the midfielder. "A lot depends on what happens in games before it.

"We know we've got to win every game. Being two points behind doesn't change anything about way we think, we always try to win all our games.

"Last week they [Real] were four, now it is just two, it means we don't have to depend on other results going our way, but it won't change way we play football."

Ahead of the Madrid clash, Barca travel to Villarreal in the Copa del Rey semi-final second leg on Wednesday, before facing Rayo Vallecano and Eibar in the league, and Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League.

Modric

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Celta Vigo 1 Elche 1: Controversial late penalty gives visitors a point

2 March 2015

797769header.jpg

A controversial late penalty gave Elche a smash-and-grab 1-1 draw at Celta Vigo in La Liga on Monday.

Michael Krohn-Dehli went from hero to villain for Celta Vigo in their disappointing 1-1 draw with struggling Elche.

Eduardo Berizzo's Celta dominated proceedings from first whistle to last at a sodden Balaidos on Monday, and were set for a deserved win when Krohn-Dehli gave them the lead with a well-taken finish on the hour mark.

However, controversy was to follow, as referee Carlos Velasco adjudged the Dane to have tripped Elche striker Victor Rodriguez in the area with five minutes remaining.

The decision appeared harsh, but David Lomban was on hand to send Sergio Alvarez the wrong way from the penalty spot to earn Elche an unlikely draw that moves them two points clear of the relegation zone.

Modric

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kroos happy with deeper role

3 March 2015

797857header.jpg

German midfielder Toni Kroos has no qualms about playing in a deep-lying midfield role for Real Madrid.

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos insisted he is happy with his defensive role in Spain.

Kroos has been deployed as the anchor of a three-man midfield since joining Real from Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich at the start of the 2014-15 La Liga season.

The 25-year-old's role in Madrid is a little different to what was seen during his time in Munich, where he was often the more advanced midfielder in Pep Guardiola's starting line-up.

Kroos also played as a number 10 en route to Germany winning the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

But Kroos, who was originally schooled as an attacking midfielder, has no problem with his role under Real boss Carlo Ancelotti.

"At the end of the day the important thing is that you’re able to work well in the team," Kroos told FIFA.com.

"We tend to play with three central midfielders and at the moment I have the more defensive role, and have done since the beginning of the season.

"I very much enjoy playing there. Of course the coach sets out certain demands for playing in that position, but those coincide with my own interpretation of how to play there.

"So in that regard I'm delighted with how things are going. Over the years I've been moving further back bit by bit, and that's fine by me.

"In Madrid it's important that we have the right balance. Normally we have a lot of very attack-minded players on the pitch, so for me it's almost of secondary importance to get forward.

"Instead, I focus on how the game is going in the middle of the park and that we're well positioned."

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

No early Barca return for Tello

3 March 2015

797921header.jpg

Cristian Tello will not return to Barcelona early from his loan spell at Porto, according to his agent Jose Maria Orobitg.

Barcelona will not exercise their right to recall Cristian Tello from his loan spell at Porto at the end of the season, according to the player's agent.

Tello moved to the Primeira Liga in July on a two-year loan, with Barca having an option to bring him back halfway through the deal, but Jose Maria Orobitg does not expect the 23-year-old to head back to Spain early.

A hat-trick against Sporting Lisbon on Sunday saw Tello take centre stage for second-placed Porto, the treble securing a 3-0 victory and moving his side eight points clear of their rivals.

"He was loaned out to Porto on a two-year deal," Orobitg told Marca. "Barca could call him back after just one, but don't worry, that isn't going to happen.

"I can't see them spending money to get him back.

"[So] he won't return next season, but will be back the year after."

Tello was given the opportunity to get regular first-team football in Portugal after only starting in two of his 22 Liga appearances for the Catalan giants last season.

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luis Enrique: Barca on course for the treble

818382_heroa.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Mar 3, 2015 14:13:57

The Catalans are one game away from reaching the Copa del Rey final and the coach believes his side can win La Liga and the Champions League too

Luis Enrique says Barcelona are on course to win a domestic and European treble this season.

Barca take on Villarreal in the second leg of their Copa del Rey semi final on Tuesday, taking a 3-1 lead into the clash from the first match.

The Catalan side are also two points behind Real Madrid in La Liga and have a 2-0 lead over Manchester City heading into the return game of their Champions League second round tie.

And the coach is sure his team can win every competition this season.

"The objective is always to win," he told reporters. "We want to win all the matches and at the end of the season we want to have chance to win every title, we are on course, our objective is to achieve the best possible results."

Villarreal are currently sixth in the league and are fresh off of a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid and Luis Enrique insists his side must go out to attack them on Wednesday.

"Villarreal are one of the best teams in the league and I'm sure we'll see the most attacking version of them during this game.

"They have resources to make it hard for any team, their potential is there, nobody can deny that. We need a strong performance and we must be superior to them.

"Scoring a goal is very important for us but the objective is to win the match. We need the ball even to defend, that's our objective, having the ball and having it as far as possible from our goal as possible."

The coach has denied that his side are too reliant on their front three of Luis Suarez, Messi and Neymar.

"The strikers need the midfielders, defenders and goalkeepers, my objective is to have everything work in all the aspects."

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luis Enrique vows to attack Villarreal

3 March 2015

798056header.jpg

Luis Enrique expects a tough test against Villarreal in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday as Barcelona look to progress to this season's final.

Barcelona will not sit back on their 3-1 lead when they travel to Villarreal in the Copa del Rey semi-final second leg on Wednesday, says Luis Enrique.

Victory at Camp Nou last month puts Barca in a good position to reach their fifth final in seven seasons, but Villarreal's away goal gives them a glimmer of hope.

With that in mind, head coach Luis Enrique intends to attack at El Madrigal and take advantage of any gaps caused by Villarreal's need to score.

"With the 3-1 first-leg win, at some point they must come forward," he said. "Our goal is to win the match, and ensure there are no surprises.

"I guess they will be a more offensive version tomorrow.

"Villarreal have a very balanced squad with a great coach. He has resources to make life difficult for any team. We know we need to play well and go win the game.

"We are at an optimum time for results and form, and I hope that this will lead to titles."

Barca lost the final to Real Madrid last season, going down 2-1 at the Mestalla.

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Busquets: Mascherano not a threat to me

842482_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 3, 2015 07:41:57

The 26-year-old is not afraid he will lose his place in the starting XI to the Argentine and believes Barcelona hold the edge over Villarreal

Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets does not see Javier Mascherano as a threat to his position in midfield.

The Argentina international has recently featured in midfield again a number of times, having mostly been used as a defender since his move from Liverpool in 2010.

However, Busquets is not worried about losing his starting berth to the Argentine international.

"Mascherano is not a threat to me in midfield. I don't have to win a starting berth," the Spain international said at a press conference.

"The coach is the one who makes the decision and I can only do my best. Luis Enrique calls the shots. All of us want what's best for the team.

"I feel comfortable playing alongside Mascherano, too."

Busquets then went on to discuss Wednesday's Copa del Rey match versus Villarreal, with the Catalans defending a 3-1 lead from the first leg of the semi-final.

"Clearly it will be a difficult game. We are one step away from the final and everyone wants a good result.

"We start with an advantage because they have to score. They were a bit more closed in the league match and now they will have to open up and hopefully we can take advantage of that."

Barcelona last won the Copa del Rey in 2011-12, when they beat Athletic Bilbao in the final.

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boateng turned down Barca offer

4 March 2015

798578header.jpg

Jerome Boateng has revealed he rejected an offer from Barcelona as he felt he is equally capable of winning European titles at Bayern Munich.

The former Manchester City and Hamburg man has been key to Bayern's recent domestic dominance and also won the UEFA Champions League in 2013.

"I really don’t know exactly how much Barcelona offered for me in detail, but it’s true that I received an offer [from them]," Boateng told Sport Bild.

"If a club like Barca shows interest in you then of course it’s a huge honour.

"I never really considered it, at this time I was preparing for the new season with Bayern.

"Today, you no longer have to go from Bayern to Barcelona if you want to win the Champions League."

Pep Guardiola's side are on course for a treble this term as they remain in the running for Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and UEFA Champions League titles.

"I play at one of the top four clubs in the world," Boateng added.

"I'd be delighted to continue my career at the club for a long time and, some day, retire here after [winning] more titles."