• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

increase in food prices again!!

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come supermarket can anyhow raise prices?? Never give notice??

Just saw the price of local brand peanut butter rise from $3.30 to $3.80

plain local brand ramen noodles rise from $1.05 to $1.55

mooncakes used to be $40+ now $60+

Singapore grand prix tickets from cheapest at $48 now $68??

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is no law that states that notice has to be given before prices are jacked up. :rolleyes:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Price of MacDonalds went up, this means the economy is doing well.

How come supermarket can anyhow raise prices?? Never give notice??

Just saw the price of local brand peanut butter rise from $3.30 to $3.80

plain local brand ramen noodles rise from $1.05 to $1.55

mooncakes used to be $40+ now $60+

Singapore grand prix tickets from cheapest at $48 now $68??

jw5

Loyal
If you drive, you can load the boot with bags of groceries and food supplies. If you take the bus, can hand-carry one bag of your favourite food. :wink:

Yep, I already go to JB for makan & to relax. I've room for some peanut butter.:smile:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the food products you buy nowadays belong to a handfull of suppliers. They have acquired smaller competitors and now they are in a position to dictate price.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you go to Joo Chiat NTUC now, they have a promotion for Pillows and Bolsters.

It says "XXX" pillow. Up $88 Now $49 and "XXX" Bolster. Up 77 Now $39.

Knn, I have been to this NTUC almost everyday, but never seen them selling this brand before.

So where is "Up" price from ???

I am quite sure this amount to "cheating" regardless whether they have been selling this brand in other branches. Where is CASE?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you go to Joo Chiat NTUC now, they have a promotion for Pillows and Bolsters.

It says "XXX" pillow. Up $88 Now $49 and "XXX" Bolster. Up 77 Now $39.

Knn, I have been to this NTUC almost everyday, but never seen them selling this brand before.

So where is "Up" price from ???

I am quite sure this amount to "cheating" regardless whether they have been selling this brand in other branches. Where is CASE?

caveat emptor