• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Line Broke Down Again. Massive Crowds on Platforms.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have driven many times with faulty brakes. On my crap British Leyland Mini, it happened monthly.

you brought a car built in an era where the workers spent more time standing beside burning rubbish outside the factory than inside working and expect the damn car to work flawlessly?:rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
you brought a car built in an era where the workers spent more time standing beside burning rubbish outside the factory than inside working and expect the damn car to work flawlessly?:rolleyes:

In those days, nothing else was available. BTW the car was built in Singapore.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In those days, nothing else was available. BTW the car was built in Singapore.

spore assembled mini, that 60s rite?

maybe you just brought a lemon or kenna screwed by your "friendly" car mechanic.

where got nothing available in those days? the Bug was plentiful available. I remember parent brought one for one of my uncle and also a kombi for delivery which unfortunately caught fire because radiator run out of water.:(

what about the reliable Datsun 100A?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
where got nothing available in those days? the Bug was plentiful available. I remember parent brought one for one of my uncle and also a kombi for delivery which unfortunately caught fire because radiator run out of water.:(

I thought the bug was air cooled! :eek:

I bought a mini because I wanted to soup it up. I sold the Singapore made piece of shit after 2 years and bought myself a 2nd hand Cooper S with twin Weber carbs sticking through the dashboard.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spore assembled mini, that 60s rite?

maybe you just brought a lemon or kenna screwed by your "friendly" car mechanic.

Datsun 100A.......workhorse, my friend owned one till it cannot be used anymore, engine still damn good, fuel economical....but the bodywork is falling apart...had to be scrapped....we almost made a "funeral" for that car... ha ha ha ha....still remember how it looked like & the colour...RED! :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I bought a mini because I wanted to soup it up. I sold the Singapore made piece of shit after 2 years and bought myself a 2nd hand Cooper S with twin Webber carbs sticking through the dashboard.

I think the person is bullshitting, the VW Bug, used to be the family car, & the neighbours too, plus the VW Van....one was even painted with flowers...until back then...ROV disapproved....& it had to resprayed to white...!!....he VW is air cooled...still can hear the unmistakable engine noise it make, as it come dan the road....the kind of "chug, chug, chug"...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I bought a mini because I wanted to soup it up. I sold the Singapore made piece of shit after 2 years and bought myself a 2nd hand Cooper S with twin Webber carbs sticking through the dashboard.

I think my parents brought a water cooled VW kombi van, not aircool engine.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the person is bullshitting, the VW Bug, used to be the family car, & the neighbours too, plus the VW Van....one was even painted with flowers...until back then...ROV disapproved....& it had to resprayed to white...!!....he VW is air cooled...still can hear the unmistakable engine noise it make, as it come dan the road....the kind of "chug, chug, chug"...

uncle, I only a small boy when the van engine caught fire. parents said no water so engine burst into flame who am I to question them it aircool engine provided I even know what it mean. But VW van do have water cooled version, please google for it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
But got 2 carborator stick out of the bonnet ! It is so obiang !

It wasn't sticking out of the bonnet. It was sticking out of the DASHBOARD! Are you blind or illiterate? :rolleyes:

I bought a mini because I wanted to soup it up. I sold the Singapore made piece of shit after 2 years and bought myself a 2nd hand Cooper S with twin Weber carbs sticking through the dashboard.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blog post about this MRT breakdown:

ANOTHER MRT BREAKDOWN, 14 JULY 2014: “FIRST WORLD TRANSPORT SYSTEM”
http://thatboyhuman.com/2014/07/15/another-mrt-breakdown-14-july-2014-first-world-transport-system/

Pictures from near Clementi station:

bus1.png
bus2.png

Despite my frustration with this latest breakdown, I am secretly hoping for more breakdowns to push the frustration levels of Singaporeans to breaking point. Only then, shall we see the end of this regime.

The PAP govt couldn't even get its basics (housing, healthcare, public transport) right, and it wants to increase the population to 6.9 million? :rolleyes:
Clinically insane, no less. :cool:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please be polite. This forum is being transformed into a haven of civility and graciousness. The first step starts with all of us changing our attitude towards each other.

How are you today? May I help you? A thousand apologies if I have offended you.