• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Line Broke Down Again. Massive Crowds on Platforms.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DELAYS OVER 1 HOUR LONG SEEN ON EAST WEST LINE YESTERDAY EVENING[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
15 Jul 2014 - 6:55am

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

A train brake fault resulted in slower speeds of trains going toward Joo Koon on the East West line yesterday evening.
The delays occurred just after 6pm when passengers on board the affected train were told to get off the train and wait for the next one.
After passengers disembarked, there was little information given to them and they were forced to simply stand on the platform and wait.
SMRT explained that the delays would be about 20 minutes of extra travel time, only to revise this later explaining that it would actually be about 60 minutes.
No alternative modes of transport were deployed.
Although ‘normal’ train operations resumed about half an hour later at 6:40pm, the congestion and large number of stranded commuters meant that most of the trains were full and passengers on the affected trains still had to add about an hour to their travel time.
Huge crowds were seen at Buona Vista where commuters complained that it was almost dangerous just to move up and down the escalators.
Overall, it appears that SMRT has not learned how to better handle train delays despite having experienced them on so many occasions.
Do you think SMRT should build better contingency plans seeing as their trains are so unreliable?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
At last my prayer has been answered.

I pray that more breakdowns occur this year, next year, the year following next, etc....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A train brake fault resulted in slower speeds of trains going toward Joo Koon on the East West line yesterday evening.

As usual, your thread title is misleading and mischievous.

There was no breakdown on any sort. The trains were just moving at slower speeds. <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
for such massive crowds, SMRT must implement separate subway carrriage for women only, as well as ,....LGBT (else they be having a "field day"!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As usual, your thread title is misleading and mischievous.

There was no breakdown on any sort. The trains were just moving at slower speeds. <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style>

Slower speed, means there is breakdown ahead, there or behind..." a rose, is a rose, by any other name"....ok! slow down!! sounds good?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for such massive crowds, SMRT must implement separate subway carrriage for women only, as well as ,....LGBT (else they be having a "field day"!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

A carriage for elderly, a carriage for pregnant women, a carriage for OTHERS....must wear pink, a carriage for disable, unable...a carriage for PAP members....& the rest for "other, than the above"...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Slower speed, means there is breakdown ahead, there or behind..." a rose, is a rose, by any other name"....ok! slow down!! sounds good?

I usually drive at 100kph. Today, because my brakes were faulty, I drove at 60kph. I don't go around saying my car broke down because it didn't. It just had to be driven at a slower speed.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope those nearest to the edge will get pushed off machiam like penguins.....
Nothing like a few commuters getting legs cut off like Thai teenager for dumbfucks 60.1% to wake up

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The delays occurred just after 6pm when passengers on board the affected train were told to get off the train and wait for the next one.
After passengers disembarked, there was little information given to them and they were forced to simply stand on the platform and wait.

SMRT explained that the delays would be about 20 minutes of extra travel time, only to revise this later explaining that it would actually be about 60 minutes.

If the next train comes after 60 minutes, might as well just chase everyone out, close the station and focus on the repairs. Even I can walk from one station to another within 60 minutes.

KNNBSCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I usually drive at 100kph. Today, because my brakes were faulty, I drove at 60kph. I don't go around saying my car broke down because it didn't. It just had to be driven at a slower speed.

You don't drive when your brakes are faulty. You send the car to the garage! :biggrin:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please try driving at 60kmh on 110kmh lane.
Then, you know you are breaking the other cars down .