• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'porean Couple heads to NZ

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got the news that the couple that I mentioned last week have successfully received their visa and moving to NZ. They plan to visit / recce sometime in the last 2 months of the year and make the final move early next year.

Is it better to live like a 2nd class citizen in your own country or move to one of the beautiful countries in the World. The choice is yours. Excuses are dime a dozen, vision is rare.

This couples came to this forum 2 years ago to consider their options amongst other places that they check to get guidance. Only a determined mind get over the hump and the inertia that we all face.

Make that decision now or live with a system and a future that we are all well aware of.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If they think that NZ is a better country than Singapore, they may end up rather disillusioned.

A lot will depend upon their expectations and their interests.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Did they get enough points for residency or do they have to find work in order to be granted PR?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From his mails, I sensed that he is a measured individual with realistic sense of expectation. He has done his research and prepared to give it a go. Aware of the challenges in terms of jobs tec.

I am glad that he is giving it is try.

The guy who surely must take the trophy for determination was our ever helpful forum Doc who finally made his move to Canada. I recall his various attempts including Geelong when the hurdles were high for a doctor and OZ then had demerit points for the profession. It dragged on for couple of years.

His story when he moved to Canada is also inspirational. Now on his way back to his field.

If they think that NZ is a better country than Singapore, they may end up rather disillusioned.

A lot will depend upon their expectations and their interests.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is prepared to go the distance. If one is prepared for 2 years mentally, it will be their new home. Besides the job, they will realise that they are not tourist and their lens will change quickly, they will miss the things back home especially the family. They have to support each other as both will have issues as the days go by.

From the stories that I have heard, inevitably the woman will tear and the man will pretend to be brave but they will eventually get thru.

One of the senior Mgmt exec in DBS reporting to the CEO went to Perth for a few months and gave up. That's nearly 20 years ago. It's shows that you need balls more than anything else. We all have it, just need to show it.

after 6 months in nz and if they change their minds, they can consider reverse emigration to sg....

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?185764-reverse-emigration-to-sg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the stories that I have heard, inevitably the woman will tear and the man will pretend to be brave but they will eventually get thru.

woman must learn to drive right away and do errands to keep busy. otherwise staying in small apartment all day waiting for hubby to come home can be daunting. unless they stay in a landed home with yard and within walking distance to town and amenities. loneliness, helplessness, and lack of mobility are the 3 greatest challenges in the first few months.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good points. I did not share this and hope he reads this.

woman must learn to drive right away and do errands to keep busy. otherwise staying in small apartment all day waiting for hubby to come home can be daunting. unless they stay in a landed home with yard and within walking distance to town and amenities. loneliness, helplessness, and lack of mobility are the 3 greatest challenges in the first few months.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do they know how to milk cows? Big business selling fresh produce to fake food China.

Otherwise, they should check what are their transferable skills.

Do they like rugby? Great for making friends with Kiwis.

Do they attend church? Great if they want those in their community to look after the kids on weekends.

Finally, I hope they are not bankers, the nearest financial centre is in Sydney, not NZ.
Just as Sinkapore does not need sheep farmers.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The important thing to learn to do is to keep busy with something, mentally and physically. Volunteer at the local library whatever. For NZ, Oz language is not a problem for Sinkies. If you are in a place like Montreal, you have to pick up French, and its not easy if you just attend classes. the best way to learn is to rub shoulders daily with the French-speaking locals, or move to an anglophone area like Westmount, West Island or Beaconsfield.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this day and age, we are all international citizens.

Spend a few months here and there.....travel and stay at one's whim and fancy and not be tied to any country. Work by the poolside or on the beach.

working-on-beach-007.jpg

Almost there ..... except the wife need her maids........

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got the news that the couple that I mentioned last week have successfully received their visa and moving to NZ. They plan to visit / recce sometime in the last 2 months of the year and make the final move early next year.

Is it better to live like a 2nd class citizen in your own country or move to one of the beautiful countries in the World. The choice is yours. Excuses are dime a dozen, vision is rare.

This couples came to this forum 2 years ago to consider their options amongst other places that they check to get guidance. Only a determined mind get over the hump and the inertia that we all face.

Make that decision now or live with a system and a future that we are all well aware of.

60%: Mai lah! Scaly no coolie rice to eat in NZ how? *hee*hee*

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent alternative approach especially for those who have retired. Let's the world work for you rather than the other way around. Used to be popular among the retirees especially from the civil service. Perth, London, Christchurch etc were popular in the 80s. Bali is now very popular for this option. Bernard. Harrison is just doing that. China is also another new option.

In this day and age, we are all international citizens.

Spend a few months here and there.....travel and stay at one's whim and fancy and not be tied to any country. Work by the poolside or on the beach.

working-on-beach-007.jpg

Almost there ..... except the wife need her maids........

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it better to live like a 2nd class citizen in your own country or move to one of the beautiful countries in the World. The choice is yours. Excuses are dime a dozen, vision is rare. .......................

..............Make that decision now or live with a system and a future that we are all well aware of.

How much does LHL pay you to encourage Sinkies to emigrate so that LHL can convert hundreds of unsuspecting gullible foreigners to Sinkaporeans to boost PAP election results? I hope you're paid at least US$100,000 per couple you manage to persuade to get out of Sinkapore.

I hope the couple you mentioned do not plan to give up their Sinkie citizenship. They could come return to Sinkieland once every 5 years for visit. They could time it to coincide with election day and vote the opposition.

This is what I advise those who consider emigrating but have relatives and close friends in Sinkapore.