• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Freedom of Expression and the right to be in this forum

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam

Its pointless repeatedly talking about freedom of speech and the right to offer an opinion or view or the right be part of this forum if people are bullied out of this forum because they have too few points. We know that the points system is flawed and the abuse is there for all to see. Imagine the ease of kicking out a innocent forummer with little points compared to those who damage thread after thread.

In essence the existing system is hampering freedom of speech and the right to remain in this forum and have their views heard.

The points can remain to recognise those who donated but the points do not have any other purpose except to recognise tenure and posting frequency.

Suggest to appoint a few custodians who are regulars to stop the commercial spams and the Geylanguncles when you are not around. I don't think there is a need to do anything else.

Maybe once a month recognise the best 3 troll baits. That should stop the majority who can't help themselves to realise their folly. That should also discourage the likes of kopiuncle getting the attention and spoiling thread after thread.

You can never get rid of clones but with powerless points, they lose their zing anyway.

Just some thoughts.

jw5

Loyal
Mark Andrew Yeo Kah Ch$ng (aka Scroobal)

It's better for the world if your children die young, if they turn out to be as manipulative as you.

Oh and bytheway, stop being a fucking humbug whining about newbies and their points. You have many clones pretending to be newbies.

Just some thoughts.

jw5

Loyal
Goodness gracious shit!

A thread criticising kopiuncle from scroobal.

What a fucking manipulative motherfucking cuntfaced humbug! :rolleyes:

Maybe once a month recognise the best 3 troll baits. That should stop the majority who can't help themselves to realise their folly. That should also discourage the likes of kopiuncle getting the attention and spoiling thread after thread.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam

Its pointless repeatedly talking about freedom of speech and the right to offer an opinion or view or the right be part of this forum if people are bullied out of this forum because they have too few points. We know that the points system is flawed and the abuse is there for all to see. Imagine the ease of kicking out a innocent forummer with little points compared to those who damage thread after thread.

In essence the existing system is hampering freedom of speech and the right to remain in this forum and have their views heard.

The rights of the minorities to be heard can only be suppressed when the majority see such abuse occurring but do nothing to prevent it.

There are only a handful who can deduct points vs hundreds who can add points.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So no issues if those minority lose points power for the good of the majority. It will augur well with your first point. We won't therefore have any further issues of bullying.

The rights of the minorities to be heard can only be suppressed when the majority see such abuse occurring but do nothing to prevent it.

There are only a handful who can deduct points vs hundreds who can add points.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So no issues if those minority lose points power for the good of the majority. It will augur well with your first point. We won't therefore have any further issues of bullying.

What Sam is saying is that the cowardly majority looked on indifferently whilst newbies were zapped into moderation when most of them had the power to do something about it.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Any newbie who has ended up in moderation because of the clone InfP gang only has to let me know and I'll provide the counter balance if I find they have been zapped purely for the opinion they expressed.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sam

Its pointless repeatedly talking about freedom of speech and the right to offer an opinion or view or the right be part of this forum if people are bullied out of this forum because they have too few points. We know that the points system is flawed and the abuse is there for all to see. Imagine the ease of kicking out a innocent forummer with little points compared to those who damage thread after thread. {what i mean is my clone that got disocovered by the infp gang and got his points reduced i don't mean any geniune newbie let's be honest why would the infp accounts all mass zap a newbie for no apparent reason. Also take note that this does not apply to my own infp accounts and when i zap others it is ok. Hope this is good enough to show that i have a true desire to help newbies rather than pretend it is just my own personal vendetta towards some who zapped my clone.]

The points can remain to recognise those who donated but the points do not have any other purpose except to recognise tenure and posting frequency.

Suggest to appoint a few custodians who are regulars to stop the commercial spams and the Geylanguncles when you are not around. I don't think there is a need to do anything else.

You can never get rid of clones but with powerless points, they lose their zing anyway.

Just some thoughts.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For your information whenever a newbie has been reduced into moderation with no good cause, I will help out.

People should help out in such instances.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
For your information whenever a newbie has been reduced into moderation with no good cause, I will help out.

I forgot that the other option is for newbies to post in the serious zone or the political section there the rep system does not allow any deductions.

I've tried my best to have various options so that everyone is catered for. Newbies can start off there where their posts won't be drowned by the noise in the coffee shop and their points can be added to but not subtracted.

KNNBSCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such long post can be summarised using one sentence.

Scroobal: Leongsam, give me the Supermoderator power and not the supermoderator title :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I forgot that the other option is for newbies to post in the serious zone or the political section there the rep system does not allow any deductions.

But hardly anyone goes to the other folders. The only folders where responses come in fast are this one and the Emigration folder.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly, we are all Singaporeans, trained by the PAP not to speak up and fight for the what we think is right. It's usually me and a few others that have had to intervene in the following events
- when the incessant tcss appear and was disrupting many decent threads
- when Alamaking and Ramseth was going on their power trip and zapping newbies
- when Escher was defacing and I did ask him nicely
- etc

I know some dare not say anything in fear of being zapped. Most people can't be bothered about points to build a defence as nobody in his right mind joins a discussion forum with that in mind.

I get the point about points being purchased. Some already feel cheated because they thought that they could see who was zapping them only to find clones and profanities. We somehow need to fix it as many here have contributed.

Any help to address this is more than welcomed.

What Sam is saying is that the cowardly majority looked on indifferently whilst newbies were zapped into moderation when most of them had the power to do something about it.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a good place to kpkb for nothing. Can use 'fuck' no hold bars and knnbaccb is what I like to do here, pai seh.

Sam

Just some thoughts.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am aware that some do help. We all can't be vigilant for the cry for help. Not all bother to yell out. I suspect most just give up and no longer contribute. Others will toe the line and not voice anything that offends the zappers. We all know they work in teams.

It's is no different to the fear that you see in Singapore.